Truck appearance

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Truck appearance

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/99integra/noname.jpg

Once I get the windows tinted I was thinking about putting a spotlight like they have on the Crown Vics on the drivers side. What else do you guys think would look good, subtle changes that can be cheaply done. I'm going for a police truck appearance. :laughing: :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Light-bar or Starsky and Hutch style magnetized police light.

Police scheme paint (here it's black front and back with center doors and top white...basically.

Fake Shotgun standing up in center/front of dash.

Doughnut box in front seat

"Crime Doesn't Pay" bumper sticker

posted by  BavarianWheels

Haha I think I'm gonna paint "the fuzz" inside a sort of police badge on each side of the door. :laughing:

posted by  99integra

wow. I'd like to see this.:laughing:

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Extreme performance and multitudes of power.

posted by  Carbrey

double post

posted by  99integra

I gotta be honest what I really wanna do now is just sand it down and primer it and somehow get a clearcoat on top to protect it. What is my best bet to do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dakotahq/Gen2/Gen_2_Primer_B.jpg

posted by  99integra

I thought the idea of the primer was the flat look, and surely clearcoat would make it more of a glossy finish?

posted by  dvdrose18

He is right....

But...if you do not break through the current finish on the truck there is no reason to have to put anything on top of the primer. Just scuff whats there and spray it down. Eventually the UV rays will break down the primer, but if you get 2 good coats of a quality Epoxy you should be fine for a few years. If you want to have it last longer just apply a matte clear. Or you could have a paint shop mix up some grey paint with a flattening agent in it to dull it out.

posted by  corbett_auto

for something that is going to last, and look good after a year in the sun and rain, wouldn't he want something that is meant to be a finish coat, and just use a flattening agent like you said? I would think even with 2 good coats of primer, it would be hard to keep clean. wouldn't dirt and bugs and such be more difficult to get off? not exactly my field of expertise, just thinking out loud. (sorry hobo)
also saw this stuff (http://www.eastwood.com/rat-rod-flat-black-paint-kit.html) at Eastwood, not cheap, but maybe a better option.
:2cents:

posted by  dvdrose18

I would like to maybe go for the rattle can look, just to make it be one bamf. :smoke:

If I painted it flat black and used some sort of clearcoat over it via rattle cans how long would it look good?

posted by  99integra

I think you can give an aggressive look as trucks are big in size and by providing aggressive looks with the help of big bumpers on all 4 side with tiger skin coloring graphics will make your truck to be the big bad boy, isn't it ?

Regards,
RZ Cars

posted by  rzramon

Something like that..

posted by  99integra

Your Message