Afordable American Midengined Sports Car

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Afordable American Midengined Sports Car

Well it seems like the only people who dont make an afordable midengined sports coupe is the americans, i may be wrong but im pretty sure.

Over in the uk theres the MGTF,VX220, Lotus Elise, to name a few

Then there are offerings from mazda the MR2 for example

So why dont chevy do a midengined Corvette for example??

well isnt this just lighting every ones fire

posted by  cinqyg

well pontiac tried with the Fiero and taht was terrible, guess its just not what the public wants, we want big trucks, and luxury cars, we like our old muscle cars, and imports, so i guess its just what the public wants, no real reason for us not making mid engine.

posted by  Neonlover04

what the hell are you so interested in a mid engine for. you interested in one of the most sporty american coupe, stick with the Pontiac Grand Am Gt. any human whose ever been in one knows that youll get bang for the buck. you wont even need to put that much money into it because the stock body and engine kicks ass.

posted by  High Octane

cinqyg: Well it seems like the only people who dont make an afordable midengined sports coupe is the americans, i may be wrong but im pretty sure.

Over in the uk theres the MGTF,VX220, Lotus Elise, to name a few

Then there are offerings from mazda the MR2 for example

So why dont chevy do a midengined Corvette for example??

well isnt this just lighting every ones fire.

i didnt know mazda made the MR2. FYI toyota makes the MR2
you want to know what the coolest mid engine is, Opel's speedster. i defy you to find one cooler

posted by  High Octane

SRT 4....power/speed/handling.. all for under 25k american!.. thats amazing..

and i hear they are coming out wit a kind wit stage 3 turbo :hi:

posted by  97bluericekilla

ummm... i don't know about your local dodge dealership, but mine doesn't relocate engines and drivetrains just for kicks. Cause last time I checked the SRT-4 isn't a midengine vehicle, so if you think yours is, you either have a pretty sick dealership or you don't know what we are talking about.

posted by  Zalight

The cooler one is the one that opel based theres off of, the lotus elise. The speedster is like the elises ugly cousin that looks and acts a lot alike but just isn't as cool.

posted by  Zalight

i think he was just saying that the srt 4 was good for ur money, like th guy said about the grand am gt, and that is discontinued now, now they have the G6 or something, srt4 isnt comming out with stage 3 turbo in the car, but they are coming out wihth just the turbo, the newere srt4s will have better trans axesls and axles cuz stage 2 has proven to stwist the axles.

posted by  Neonlover04

Your Message