My First Car

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  My First Car

Hello everyone, I just had a quick question: Which car do you think is better, Saturn Ion or Toyota Corolla and why? I'm doing research for a new car and I was just wondering which car would be the best bargain for it's price. Thanks so much :laughing:

posted by  Lady J

i think the carolla is more expensive then the saturn.. but if i had to choose.. i would choose the corolla... it looks better and i trust toyota more than a saturn... hey, y not get the toyota corolla S. that car looks so sweet!

posted by  Ki2AY

Surprisingly, the Saturn, with all the features I want, and the Corolla came up to around the same price, but thanks for your opinion.

posted by  Lady J

For starters, how about picking a more readable font color. I heard bad reviews about the Satrun Ion, the Corolla would probably be your best choice for drivability and reliability. Saturn has become really crappy these last past years.

posted by  DSMer

Last week I would've said take the Toyota over Saturn.

A friend of mine just bought a new Saturn ION fully loaded at just over 20k out the door. Leather interior, XM radio, center mounted gauges, chrome wheel pkg, rear spoiler, alarm, premium sound sys, full carpet mats, peppy engine (don't know about it in detail, but it was decent). I wasn't impressed with the build quality control as the hood and fender lines don't match too well and there's a good quarter-inch gap in the front that makes it look open...she's going back to get this adjusted. Dent resistant body panels. Interchangeable body accents. Overall, the car is beautiful!

I don't think you can get the same set up in a Corolla for an equal price. And as far as I know, Saturn is putting out a pretty reliable car today.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Really???? Everyone I've talked to still thinks that Saturns are at the top in regards to performance. Thanks for the tip.

posted by  Lady J

Really? What?

posted by  BavarianWheels

i notice this topic is in the "domestic" subject, so im guessing a saturn is a american car.. i always thought it was japanese lol :oops:

btw lady j.. what is the price range of the ion (coupe or sedan)?

posted by  Ki2AY

Oh excuse me when I said crappy I was speaking from an engine performance point of view. I know people who have Ions that are a lil weak on the engine side if you catch my drift.

Whats the thing is that shes comparing the Saturn to the Corolla, wich in this case the Corolla would win. But for the money and a daily driver I would'nt mind having a Ion.

posted by  DSMer

you need a written letter from bav to use that word granting you permission

posted by  cinqyg

What word?

posted by  DSMer

"submits form for permission"

crappy

posted by  cinqyg

My ass, I don't need written permission to say crappy. Do I? And if so thats they gayest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. Even my mother lets my lil sister say crappy.

posted by  DSMer

its an unclean word, a non technical term that could be used as an insult. so ask our god, bav for a note :p

posted by  cinqyg

:laughing: this is goin' crazy cinqyg!

posted by  WeaponR

Well if we stick to the rules to the letter then thats the way its going to be, he told us no bad languaage (or similar spelling) pictures, swearing, threatning or insulting behavoiur.

No adverstising, no freedom and no fun either.

posted by  cinqyg

that sucks!

btw, where's da rent-a-cop gon :laughing: sum ppl need 2 get arrested :laughing:

posted by  WeaponR

Research is your best friend. Click for Saturn Ion (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/safety.jsp?makeid=43&modelid=6768&year=200 4&crpPage=summary.jsp&aff=national) vs Click for Toyota Corolla (http://research.cars.com/go/crp/safety.jsp?makeid=47&modelid=426&year=2004 &crpPage=summary.jsp&aff=national). It seems JD&P consider the corolla better...

posted by  importluva

Haven't you heard, he got a new job but no computer so he won't be on much.

posted by  importluva

nop, din't know.

must have said it when i had my little break due to laptop healthcheck. any ways, thanks for tellin' me

posted by  WeaponR

Your Message