The Lincoln LS - Your opinion

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  The Lincoln LS - Your opinion

I'm interested in buyin this car....and i've read the online reviews, did the research and have a good sense of what the "experts" have to say...

but i'm more interested in what consumers have to say about this car, and my buddy told me to consult the Car Gods in this forum.

Any of you guys have good or bad feedback on this vehicle? I'm lookin to get an 02 or 03, depending on price and mileage. Any feedback is much appreciated....thanks

:thumbs:

posted by  TurnItUp19

Not being one of the "car gods" here...I've never driven one of these but I do find them quite appealing to the eye!

Good on ya. :thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

oh i love the look of it BW....but im more concerned with the functionality

so far the bad specs i've heard of this vehicle is that the trunk is rather shallow, and the levers that attach to the trunk could crush some tall packages you might have in there...

i've heard a dogpile of positive responses, but yet again, they were from columnists....

posted by  TurnItUp19

You did say...

...that is what I could give...given my expertise on the vehicle. :wink2:

you da man....

posted by  TurnItUp19

Apparently not according to some here...and certainly not for being a "car god" but far from it. :thumbs:

We digress...or I do at least. :laughing:

riiiiiiiiiiiight

:screwy:

posted by  TurnItUp19

The LS is the Lincoln half of the Ford/Jaguar collaberation that also developed the S type. the V6 version uses the Ford bottom end and Jaguar heads, while teh V8 version is actually an all-Jaguar engine. the suspension was originally developed by Jaguar, and Ford re-tuned it for the Lincoln, to be a bit firmer and more BMW-like. the styling is a little more germanic, both inside and out. it's also quite a bit cheaper than the Jaguar.

I've spent a lot of time in the S Type, and only a little in the LS. I really like both of them, but wish there was a version of the LS that matched the S Type R (ASC McLaren made a cool version, but it didn't quite have the power of the top S Type).

From what I can see, the only downside is the high rates of depreciation, which hurts resale of ones bought new. OTOH, it's a great way to get into a 2 year old one coming off lease, that will be in excelent shape, but cost barely more than half of what a new one would.

posted by  ChrisV

good response.....

I just came across another disappointment in this car......they only offer the THX navigation systems on the V8 models and not the V6 (i prefer/need a V6 only cuz i live in chicago where gas prices are high and stop-n-go traffic is notorious)...also, as far as balance and weight distribution, the V8 is not evenly balanced (i believe its 52/48) like its V6 model which has a 50/50 weight ratio

also, that THX speaker system is what really attracted me to the car....so it sucks that i might not be able to get it. However, the V6's do come with the Alpine speakers including the in-dash 6 CD changer....

i made an appointment to test drive an '03 V6 model in a couple days....i need to sort thru all these pros and cons pretty soon and make a decision..

posted by  TurnItUp19

I would also recommend test driving a new TL, any G35, any M45, any newer Q45 and a used 99-00 GS400 before you buy. All stuff within it's price bracket, all pretty good vehicles.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I'm inclined to agree. There's no sense in buying a car when you haven't shopped around and compared its competitors.

posted by  Patrick

lmfao

posted by  importluva

Your Message