Insurance Question

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Insurance Question

I am a 16 yr old male with good grades and everything. i paid $3600 a year for insurance with my honda prelude. that seems extremely high to me. i sold that car and i am gonna get a trans am but the insurance company said that would be $600 more expensive. is this a normal price or should i change companies and if so to which ones. what r some things i can do to decrease that cost. thanks for the replies

posted by  BigDJ69

Depending on what part of the country you live in that's probably about right. There's only three things I can think of to lower your rates.

1. Get older
2. Get on your parents insurance policy
3. Get a different car

My son's insurance cost is cut by over 60% by being on my policy and doesn't cost me any extra. Sorry. :(

posted by  vwhobo

Some insurance companies are cheaper than others. You'd have to call around about pricing. But the age and type of vehicle has alot to do with it.

posted by  Streetmachine

Do you know what insurance groups your Prelude and a Trans AM are?
In England a Prelude ranges from IG 14-17 where as a Focus 2.0 16v (130bhp) is IG 7-8 - with some cars you get a lot more for the insurance you have to pay than with others.

posted by  snoopewite

I dont' think the insurance cares if you have good grades.

posted by  Xilant

You could have stopped after your first three words. Most car insurance companies offer a "good student" discount which is based on, of all things, grades. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

That's an awesome car you got there vwhobo... DROOOL...

posted by  Unfedfat

the insurance actually cares a lot! if you do have good grades they give you a discount.

posted by  SuperJew

Sixteen year old male drivers, kill'em all! :twisted:

Just think, when you get to be my age you can tell your kids how great it was or how much it sucked when you were 16. ;)

And while we're on the subject I suppose I'll throw this in too.

http://www.doggiesnot.com/

posted by  vwhobo

Uhh, cadillac whore, yes they do. I get a good student discount and it helps a lot with being a 16 year old male; apparently the bane of automotive society.

posted by  digital_shad0w

huh?

posted by  SuperJew

super jew they do not offer discounts for good grades.if they did your insurance would be sky high.im sorry my bad.when you get a car and need insurance

posted by  cadillac whore

Your Message