best ignition coil

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  best ignition coil

in your opinion, whats the best ignition coil for the money?

posted by  ninjaman935

wow, that's pretty general. You need to be more specific, like what kind of car, what engine, what type of ignition system...things like that.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

just the best high performance coil for the money, ive seen many of the same coils on many different engines

posted by  ninjaman935

again, that's general...it doesn't matter that the same type of ignition coil will work on different cars...different engines respond differently to modifications so, yeah, again, what car, what engine and what type of ignition system...if you can't answer these questions then good luck finding a straight answer from anyone.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

hm the more i think about it the more u seem right, sry about that. i have a 4 cyl 2.3L OHC EFI 1988 mustang LX. i had my eye on the screamin demon coil b/c it said i can widen the gap on the plugs, and its coil looked similar to mine. my car uses a distributor, so no fancy electronic timing, the coil is the kind with the exposed core.

posted by  ninjaman935

Screamin' Demon coils kick ass, you just have to make sure you run large diameter, low resistance wires, otherwise you'll burn them.(you should use Screamin' Demon's wires with their coils) I've also heard that Accel and MSD coils (your style) are pretty agressive also. I don't know how crazy you want to get with your igniton...but you could benefit from an MSD coil/wires/ignition box(6AL)....I think Screamin' Demon also makes TFI modules...I know they are available for the 5.0, I would think that they should also be available for the 2.3 as well.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message