engine swap

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  engine swap

i own a 87' camaro, its got a v6 2.8L engine, what do you guys think is a good engine to swap with? right now the car is ridiculously slow... and when i say slow, i mean slooow

posted by  Dcalado_

You can get a V8 crate motor from the dealer pretty cheap these days. Just be sure to check what accessories will interchange with your exsisting motor (a/c brackets, power steering, etc.)

posted by  HD_Softy

Like the above post, you can get a 350 pretty cheap as a crate motor. Should be enough fun.

posted by  thunderbird1100

alrite ill check those out, my dads freind bought a 350 crate motor for his camaro... it set him back i think it was around 4000CAD

posted by  Dcalado_

I saw a bored out 350 with 440 horse power for only a little over 1000 on ebay once

posted by  doorknob

don't be like everyone else in the world...do something a little more interesting...do a GNX motor swap into the camaro...that should catch some people sleepin'.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Reason why I picked the RJ350 (Fuel Injection)..... nice and easy for a Twin turbo setup :mrgreen:

posted by  thunderbird1100

350 is the way to go, if you got a mechanic friend or family member then check out some old trucks or cars. you can find chevy trucks all over cheap when you look at them you cant justify price, like last week i bought a rusty 1986 chevy truck for 400 dollars. But the thing had a running 350 and a turbo 400 tranny along with b&m shifter, and a decent set of cragar rims. After I take all the parts off I got my 400 dollars worth then junk the rest of the truck. look around it is worth it.

posted by  dmills27ny

i know a couple of guys that did the 350 swap into there 3rd gen camaro...i accually had an 89 RS with the 2.8L...so i know what u mean by slow...if u want to get creative i would go with the motor out of an grand national or a turbo trans am...same motor :thumbs:

posted by  chevypwr6

Your Message