too good to be true?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  too good to be true?

do these racing chips really work? and has anyone tried them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&ite m=7917849024&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

posted by  KhanArtisT

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Depends on the application really. If your looking for speed with a Neon, get out and push it.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I thought we were talking about a performance chip here for a minute, but that looks like a diode stuck in a harness? :screwy: :screwy:

posted by  DodgeRida67

The short answers are no and yes. This exact "modification" has been covered previously in these forums. I'll leave it for you to find it. If it helps in your search, yes I was involved.

Diode=no. Resistor=yes.

posted by  vwhobo

Alright thanks. I didn't see any bands or anything so I picked diode.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I know this for two reasons. First, I've dealt with this crap before and fixed the damage done to the car. Second, I read the eigth line of the item description.

posted by  vwhobo

Maybe I should try reading next time. :hi:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Quite the scam. They probably pick up a pack of 5 resistors for about $0.99. Probably cheaper if the can get them in bulk.

Hey vwhobo, I have a cooworker talking about doing something similiar on his 2000 Olds. He has heard that if you put a resistor in the temp sensor circuit it will fool the computer into running in an increased HP / less fuel efficient mode. Have you seen anything on this? Any tips for him?

Thanks for the input.

posted by  theman352001

Your Message