2001 camaro SS?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  2001 camaro SS?

Hi i was wondering if I should get a muscle car liek the camaro ss 2001 or one of those cheap ricers liek the nissan 240sx? i love the muscle car shound and i want a camaro ss. Can you guys tell me the price range and why its a great car. AND WILL IT BREAT A CIVIC WITH EXAUST AND TURBO?!?!

posted by  Kris

This is probably going to start controversy, but I wouldn't call Camaros muscle cars, just rather fast cars.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Correct, Camaros are PONY cars, like the Mustang.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I wouldent say so it people talk about it when they mention popular muscle cars they include the mustang and camaro. And plus it is a v-8 big engine which makes it a muscle car. Camaro is definetly a muscle can just like the mustang.

posted by  Kris

Look numb nuts, even on the mustang commercials they reffer to mustangs as "the original pony car"

posted by  DodgeRida67

Muscle cars have TWO main things to be classified as muscle cars.

A. Big Block Engine
B. Intermediate/large car.

The Camaro and Mustang only touched one of these aspects. Need both to be considered a muslce car.

Also, the Camaro/Mustangs of these years AREN'T even qualified in the the first category...since they have small block engines.

ok god dam ok is this car good or not!!! :cussing:

posted by  Kris

I havnt heard anything bad about it.

posted by  DodgeRida67

The Camaro is a good car, and to make the people saying its not a muscle car happy, u can easily bore the 5.7 to 7.0, or just drop in a new 7.0L engine its been done numerous times. 427 :wink2: , but stock it doesnt fit under the term muscle car, but compared to the other cars on the road it seems like it.

posted by  speedy266

It will still be a pony car with WHATEVER engine you put in it. Look at the previous posts...Muscle cars are not only qualified under their engine size (BTW - the 427 isnt a big block..so it doesnt even fit under the engine category) but also on their actual car size, in which the Camaro, like the Mustang has never been classified an intermediate or large car.

When will you people learn this?

You're so close to having this correct you can taste it, but... Since when isn't a real 427 a big block. Unless you're talking about his stretched 350 you're wrong.

You've got the car size figured out and correctly identify pony cars and muscle cars, but who said a muscle car has to have a big block. Tell me that say a Chevelle SS350 or a 340 Roadrunner aren't muscle cars. If you can tell me that then tell me exactly how they are classified. Ya see the thing is they ARE muscle cars, even with a small block.

It's a fact in the library of congress. :thumbs:

posted by  vwhobo

Sniff sniff....did someone say.....Roadrunner?....Did I hear 340? :hi:

posted by  DodgeRida67

To me, these are muscle cars. And beautiful ones too.

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/1969%20Superbee%20440%20Six%20Pack.jpg

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/Dodge/1968%20Dodge%20Coronet%20RT-440%20 Convertible%20Top-Rv.jpg

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/Plymouth/1970%20Plymouth%20Hemi%20Cuda.j pg

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/Dodge/1973%20Dodge%20Challenger%20R-T-ma uve-fV=mx=.jpg

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/Plymouth/1972%20Plymouth%20Road%20Runner %20Org3.jpg

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/Dodge/1968%20Dodge%20Coronet%20RT%20Spor t%20Coupe%20r3q.jpg

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/Dodge/1971_Dodge_Challenger_Convertible_ s.jpg

Mopars of course. These are what I like of Chrysler's. Only if they still made their vehicles like they did the above ones today. IMO, the stuff they make now (excluding the Viper & Rams) is basically pretty crappy. I happily spend all my money and time on my Coronet i'm building. Sorry about this post, just had to show off the mopars.

posted by  DodgeRida67

E-bodies (Barracudas and Challengers) are not muscle cars, they are pony cars. :banghead: But they will, as asked in the first post of this thread, beat a Civic with an exhaust and a turbo. Don't ALL Civics have an exhaust?

posted by  vwhobo

They hold their own.

Apparently, some Civics don't have exhaust. :hi:

posted by  DodgeRida67

I was referring to his stroked 350...Should have said 'THAT 427 instead of THE 427' - confusing, yes. But Still, I don't like to consider the 340 Road Runner a 'muscle car' because the only reason I heard they put the 340 in there was for trans am racing. Am I correct? I don't like to think of muscle cars as road course cars :-X But that's me.

1. Okay

2. The Road Runner was never raced in Trans-Am, the wheelbase was too long. Remember it's an intermediate sized muscle car not a compact based pony car.

BTW, I don't recall (or care) who said earlier in this thread that the Mustang was the first pony car based on Ford's advertising. In reality the Barracuda was the first pony car being released around six months prior to the Mustang. Repeat after me, pony car equals a sporty, two-door, four-seater based on a compact car.

Barracuda = Valiant
Mustang = Falcon
Camaro = Nova
etc, etc, etc

posted by  vwhobo

Damn, I forgot. Take a look at this and tell me this isn't pure American muscle. Yes, it has a small block.

http://www.musclecars-and-classics.com/images/71_Chevelle_7.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

ok that looks like a serius muscle car. even if you hear it down the road you would be able to tell oh yea man listen to that that is true american muscle. but i dont know i think that if you can hear that great sond have that signiture burnout and the v-8 in it i would say its a muscle car. on horespower tv they were giving a camaro a preformance exaust and they said now this is a true american muscle car. now that proves camaro is a muscle car ut i am talking about the camaro ss. also how long and could i bore that engine out myself to make it into a 7.0?? :hi:

posted by  Kris

It's not 7:00 AM yet and I just read the stupidest statement of the day already. You heard it on Horsepower TV, so that makes it a fact. You truly are without a clue, so from this day forward you will be dubbed KluelessKris.

Could you bore the engine out to 7 liters yourself? I suppose, that all depends on if you have a Sunnen boring machine... Damn etards. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Blah, i confuse my old cars from time to time (certainly not the generation i'm heavily into)...I was thinking about the Dart/Challenger/Cuda from mopar in T/A racing. Now I'm remembering T/A racing more...the BOSS/Shelby Mustangs, Javelins, camaros/birds...heh, just took some actual tihnking on my belhaf :laughing:

Road Runner was the Superbird's cousin right? NASCAR....

Yes, now you have it more or less across the board, except... Shelby Mustangs didn't run in the Trans-Am series. The original Trans-Am series ('66-'70) was divided into two classes O-2 (over 2 liters) and U-2 (under 2 liters). The O-2 class was essentially for SCCA A-Sedans which have mostly been named in this thread. The Shelby GT-350 was a limited production vehicle and didn't have a back seat like the garden variety Mustang. Because of those two basic reasons it wasn't homologated for A-Sedan/Trans-Am and instead ran SCCA B-Production (same class as small block Vettes).

I hope that answers the question. I'm sure it's more info than you wanted... and it shows my age because I was there.

posted by  vwhobo

Yeah, I'm thinking about the current age historic T/A racing in which they have a few Shelbys in there.

so where do small block C3 corvettes fall into place, cause i myself am what u may call a n00b to this stuff.

spartansith

posted by  spartansith

:read: Read this thread again but this time pay attention. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

I'll bite AND kill two birds with one stone.

Fall into what place? WTF are you talking about? Are you only a "n00b" to cars or also to having a clue?

Do "computer experts" have to learn how to spell in the school or are they given special "guidents"? Don't worry about your car scraping over railroad tracks and bumps, all of my Hot Wheels do the same thing.

Little kids shouldn't have computers. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message