How Fast is a V8 Mustang?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  How Fast is a V8 Mustang?

I was wondering what was the max speed the spedometer read on an 2004 v8 mustang?

posted by  Nimrod3922

What's the point?

posted by  BavarianWheels

i was just looking into mustangs and i was just curious.

posted by  Nimrod3922

I'm pretty sure it is 160mph

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/ag/ford_svtmustangcobra_coupe _2004_dashboard_10_346x270.jpg

What's the point?

posted by  vwhobo

Post count... :laughing:

For you or for him???

posted by  vwhobo

BavarianWheels, agreed. But also... "Nimrod"... I'd like to point something out. Spedometers have no bearing on how fast a car can go for max speed. Just because it says 160, doesn't mean the car hit's 160 and stops, or if it hits 160 at all. Just thought I'd enlighten you to that.

posted by  Patrick

are cobras and the gt mustangs the same engine?

posted by  Nimrod3922

Now it's for me. :wink2:

Patrick...I was sure my 1996 Mazda 626 4 banger could do 140mph...that's what my speedo says it can do...

Now you've just depressed me!

Do you understand the concept of looking at Ford's website... and doing the research yourself? :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

The internet...what you are on right now...is an amazing tool when utilized with simple text input.

sorry guys

posted by  Nimrod3922

whats the point. its a v8 ya it will have a little bit of hp

posted by  351ci-mustang

What the hell? "Its a V8 it will have a little bit of HP". Is it me, or do people get more stupid by the day?

posted by  DSMer

The "main" difference between the Cobra and GT engines is that the Cobra uses a supercharger to help achieve its power.

Ford Mustang GT
0-60 mph: 5.7 sec
0-100 mph: 14.5 sec
Quarter Mile: 14.1 sec @ 99 mph
Top Speed: 140 mph

Ford Mustang Mach 1
0-60 mph: 5.2 sec
0-100 mph: 11.5 sec
Quarter Mile: 14.0 sec @ 103 mph
Top Speed: 151 mph

Ford SVT Mustang Cobra
0-60 mph: 4.5 sec
0-100 mph: 10.4 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.9 sec @ 111 mph
Top Speed: 155 mph

posted by  What

posted by  351ci-mustang

Loads of information worthless sh*thead.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Actually the main difference between the GT and Cobra engines is that the GTs are SOHC 2v and the Cobras are DOHC 4v with aluminum blocks (excluding the 03-04 Cobra).

The Cobra didn't have a factory supercharger until the 2003 model year. So for the last decade the only real difference has been the number of valves and camshafts.

On the pushrod engines, the main difference was the intake manifold.

posted by  95sn95

:sleep:

posted by  reflexr

You resurrected a thread that has been dead for months to tell us how boring you found the discussion to be?! :screwy:

posted by  Gothicaleigh

Have you guys got the Boss V8 yet?

posted by  Wally

Depends on what is considered a "Boss V8" in the Land of Oz...I know you guys get some different configurations down under, so a little description would be nice.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Sorry, it's an Oz development called the Barra Boss = 5.4 litre. There was talk of it being exported to the US a few years ago.

Plenty of sites to get the specs like this dealer's http://www.qford.com.au/models/commercial/falconute.htm

The 4.0 litre sixes are another Oz engine.

posted by  Wally

We have had the Single Cam 5.4 for some time, in trucks and SUV's. There is(was) a supercharged Single Cam 5.4 in the Lightning (one mean F-150). But thanks to the next generation of Ford's trucks, there will be no Lightning model for at least a few years. The new Ford GT also uses a 5.4 but it's a supercharged Dual Cam engine. And yeah, we have had 4.0L sixes here for awhile.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message