New Mustangs coming into production

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  New Mustangs coming into production

Well they are already selling the new Cobra and the Mach I. I heard next year they might start producing Boss 302's again, then the year after that they are changing the style around, possibly some kind of retro look from the 60's.

My question is, once they change the style, does anyone know if they are going to keep making the Mach I's and Boss Mustangs? I'm not exactly a hardcore Ford fan but still I think its pretty cool that Ford is recreating its old cars, that would be a shame if they only make the Mach I and Boss for only a year and just get rid of it.

posted by 

I dont know about all that, but I'm glad the Mustangs are getting a Make-Over, I haven't liked the look of them since they changed in 1994...

posted by  Unfedfat

I went to the auto show in NYC not too long ago and I had to see the new Mustangs coming out since they are my favorite cars :(
But anyways the 2005 is the one you are talking about, and it has 400 hp, and super charged. It's in the price range of a GT now so it's not too expensive. The front and back have the 1967 look to it and man does it look HOT. I have pictures of what it looks like but I do not know how to use my scanner. I will try and figure it out so you guys could see what a beauty this car looks like. It comes out in June of 2004! You know whats cool about it it doesn't have door handles it had a latch inside an air vent on the door that you touch and it opens :)

posted by  JettaChiC20

i dont think they look that much like the old ones

posted by  mazda6man

I like the looks of the new mustangs...here are some pics:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/pics05c/images/MustangGTCoupConcep t15_jpg.jpg
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/pics05c/images/MustangGTCoupConcep t02_jpg.jpg
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/pics05c/images/MustangGTCoupConcep t01_jpg.jpg

It looks a little too clean for my tastes right now, but Ford says this isn't exactly what will be produced. Plus, I'll bet that the Supercharger is nixed for the standard GT model, leaving you with around 300 BHP. The Cobra will likely be at the same level as it is now, and on par with the concept. The real question is, how much does this thing weigh? Weight will be the deciding factor in performance for these new machines, with the current GT model weighing around 3400 lbs. But, overall, my biggest hope is that we'll finally get a 6-speed tranny in the GT.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

what a beauty that car is :!:

posted by  JettaChiC20

I second that - smoookin' :thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

I can see that Ford have gone back to the retro style from the muscle car era and then made it smoother and cleaner. The result is a Mustang that resembles the old school classics while looking contempory at the same time - a work of art in my opinion.

posted by  snoopewite

I couldn't agree more..... gotta dig that new styling :D

posted by  slavboy1

i kinda got mixed feelings on it, in some aspects i like it and in other aspects i dont, im still tryin to make up my mind

posted by  mazda6man

absolutely love that car- my dads got a 95 GT Convertible and id take a silver coupe like the pics over that ne day- and i like the 300 hp :D dont we all?

posted by  SuperJew

im sorry this is my fav mustang 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500
http://galleries.wheels24.co.za/FastCars/Shelby/Mustang/images/04.jpg

posted by  caffeine junky02

aaaaaah....Eleanor. thats nice. i have a poster of that in my room.

posted by  SuperJew

looks like every other new car that has been coming out

posted by  slvrss

its ugly... its to big and bulky, but thats just me

posted by  S2000Boy

slvrss wrote -
"looks like every other new car that has been coming out"

The back of the Mustang could be similar to some recent concept cars but as far as seeing it from every other angle, I disagree with you.

S2000Boy wrote -
"its ugly... its to big and bulky, but thats just me"

What you mean is, it's not feminine enough for you P

posted by  snoopewite

lol i found that imusing

Okay kids, I'm not sure how I missed this one. Your picture is of a garden variety Mustang modified for a movie and called a GT500. Here are some pics of real '67 GT500's. In my opinion the real thing is much cleaner and more muscular in appearance.

posted by  vwhobo

yeah I agree, but I still think the new one is sweet!

posted by  JettaChiC20

Eather One they both look good to me

The new mustangs are gonna be pretty damn cool :!: :!: :!: The front end is awsome lookin. I think they could change the rear end just a lil bit. But other than that, This car f*ckin rules :!: :!: :!:

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Wait, no. I think i take that back. The rear end looks pretty damn nice. Not perfect but it's still way better than enything i could think up

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Being a diehard Chevy fan, I feel I don't belong here.I actually like the one's that are out now, but, I would definatly take a Camaro SS or Trans Am WS6 over a Stang any day. 8)

posted by  Satty101

my favorite mustang is the green 68 fastback from bullit or bullet or i dunno the name, somethin like that

posted by  mazda6man

I think I know where the guy with the white car lives. that is a Wisconsin plate isn't it?

posted by  Satty101

looks like one to me. but the again living here in idaho, i don't see too many wisconsin plates lol :D

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

new gt500e = 750bhp+nitrous if you opt for the supersnake package, you cant beat that kind of power, the looks of the orignal 67 and the drive of a new suspension all put together

posted by  Split Mafia

are you sure it has 750 bhp? i know it has alot but i don't think it 750 bhp...

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Bah! Didn't see how old this thread was...

posted by  Hank Scorpio

im sorry that new look sucks in my opinion...they should of just left it alone i am a big mustang fan but they just did wrong on that new style **sigh**

anyway does anyone have any idea what the new mustang cobras going 2 look like considering thats the one i wanna get and i hope its a different style then that :ohcrap:

posted by  aftershock

It won't look much different (kind of like how different the current Cobra is from the GT).

Sorry you don't like it. I'm a big Mustang fan (having owned a few classic Mustangs, as well as restored a number of examples for customers), and I think it's a perfect blend of classic Mustang style and modern detailing and muscle.

posted by  ChrisV

Same here, I like the hole thing, but the rear is what i dont really like. but, my mind still isent made up eather.

But i still like this style in stead... 69, Boss 429 http://www.worldwidemusclecars.com/super/images/8784/1.jpg

posted by  Mustang90210

For aftershock look at the March 2005 Motor Trend to see the new Cobra.

posted by  mustangfan

[QUOTE=aftershock]im sorry that new look sucks in my opinion...they should of just left it alone i am a big mustang fan but they just did wrong on that new style **sigh**

anyway does anyone have any idea what the new mustang cobras going 2 look like considering thats the one i wanna get and i hope its a different style then that :ohcrap:[The March 2005 issue of Motor Trend]

posted by  mustangfan

Who honestly cares about crustangs anyway Fords are the ugliest cars on the planet. All fords are good for is collecting rust.

my joke of the day
[98% of fords are still on the road 2% made it home!!!!] :finger:

posted by  toyota

Do you really go out of your way to be this closed minded and insulting, or is the lack of brain cells a natural occurence in you?

You'd probably get along better with others if your girlfriend wasn't an orangutang.

posted by  ChrisV

You know, I needed a laugh, ChrisV. :laughing:

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message