srt-8??

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  srt-8??

hey guys I was just on Chryslers website and I notice that they are coming out with the 300 SRT-8, 6.1L 425HP engine from what I see. has anyone heard any other news on the car like when it is coming out or pricing? I saw some pic's on a couple of websites and I think one site said it would be released to dealerships by February.. this looks like it would be an awesome car..

posted by  jsmoov24

yea that is gonna be a sweet car, and just thinkin about how fast the car is with a 5.7 litre hemi it goes 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, add 200 horspower to that, and you get low 4 seconds maybe, the dodge charger is comming out in 2006 maybe with the 6.1 litre hemi, a jeep is going to be comming out with the 6.1 hemi to be the fastest suv. dodge has big plans, and i think they are going to do very well, same wiht ford, not to sure about chevy tho!

posted by  Neonlover04

i just think there putting the right engine in the wrong car...the new hemi motor should go in something that looks as fast as it is...i just cant take a family car seriously with over 400 hp :doh:

posted by  chevypwr6

yea i see what ur saying, i mean they have a charger coming out, that will have it bu tahts it. but really what they are doing with the the 300m 300c, and srt8 is bringing back the chrysler 300's from the 60's that were revolutionary sedans with tons of power, that is the point of bringin them back, alot of stuff is going retro the new mustang is great, the charger's rear end looks like the old one, so a lot of things makers are doing is puting the old touch with modern technology!

posted by  Neonlover04

yea i see what ur saying, they are bringing back the chrysler 300 series from the 60's sedans taht had a lot of power, and the look of sporty yet luxury. lots of stuff is going retro introducing old with new, like the 2005 mustangs beautiful cars, and the new charger!

posted by  Neonlover04

sorry i didnt think it sent the first one!

posted by  Neonlover04

i heard that they are either putting the charger on either the srt-8's frame or the magnum...so...it remains to be seen. all i know is i cant wait for it!

posted by  chevypwr6

I went to a couple of local dealerships and one sales guy had no clue what I was talking about, he tought I meant the srt-6 crossfire :screwy: , the other dealer said he has read rumors on the internet but outside of that has no clue when the car is coming out :doh: . he said if they do have plans for an srt-8 300 it will probably be pushed back. the AWD 300 he said has been put on hold plus he said that the lava red exterior color has been discontinued on the regular 300 models

posted by  jsmoov24

The SRT-8 does look pimp... as does the new charger.. 4 doors tho.. kinda sad in that sense...

posted by  StiMan

Is that so pondscum? I can't take you serious, because your such a dumbass. Seing as that you have no knowledge of cars, nor any relevant skills on how to find information on them. Your opinion is'nt valid. Also who gives a flying rats ass about what you take serious? Pondscum like you don't have opinions. Aslo if you don't like family cars with 400+HP, what the hell do you think the CTS-V is? The car that you like so much?

http://a137.g.akamai.net/f/137/3538/120m/imageonthefly.cars.com/images/?IMG =40CAGEH1.JPG&width=208&COLOR=ffffff

How about this?
http://a137.g.akamai.net/f/137/3538/120m/imageonthefly.cars.com/images/?IMG =40AUGEA1.JPG&width=208&COLOR=ffffff
450 HP Audi A8

This....
http://a137.g.akamai.net/f/137/3538/120m/imageonthefly.cars.com/images/?IMG =30BMGEK1.JPG&width=208&COLOR=ffffff
438 HP BMW 760

This....
http://http://a137.g.akamai.net/f/137/3538/120m/imageonthefly.cars.com/imag es/?IMG=40BEGEA2.JPG&width=208&COLOR=ffffff
450HP Arnage

This..
http://a137.g.akamai.net/f/137/3538/120m/imageonthefly.cars.com/images/?IMG =50JAGEA1.JPG&width=208&COLOR=ffffff
390 Hp S-Type

This..
http://a137.g.akamai.net/f/137/3538/120m/imageonthefly.cars.com/images/?IMG =CAB40MBC472A0101.jpg&width=208&COLOR=ffffff
493 Hp S-Class

Or an whole nother handfull of over 400HP family sedans and wagons that would drive circles arround anything you'd drive. You see there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Yes you're ignorant to cars, but you're just plain stupid. I feel sorry that it is so unfortunate that many people like yourself are born with the worlds largerst and uncurable disease. Stupid....

posted by  DSMer

this guy is unbelievable :screwy:

posted by  chevypwr6

yes the 2005 mustangs look very nice yet it dosent look like a mustang.. i think in my opinion they took it to far.. but hell they do what they can to make money

posted by  EzMustang

wow, you must be unbelievably retarded...the 2005s look more like a mustang than any newer mustang. DUH. :screwy:

posted by  SuperJew

No, you just show signs of a fatal disease that affects all people of the world. Ignorance. I'm merley trying to cure your ignorance of performance, and cars alike.

posted by  DSMer

Yah I know he made a post with SUBSTANCE! Oh my God! SUBSTANCE! NOT THE "S" WORD! Learn from him Chevy...

posted by  StiMan

STiMan what the hell is that supposed to mean?

posted by  DSMer

hey prick im sorry i got it wrong some asshole showed me the wrong pic of the 2005 mustang.. heres the 2005 mustang i havent seen and the other is some kind of ford thunderbird i think which he said was the new 2005 mustang.

posted by  EzMustang

I think he was complamenting you, retard! as as far as u go STIman, know what your are talking about before you open your mouth...yes he said alot of good information, but its not what he said its how it was said that was retarded. i guess you and him are on the same page in reguards to ignorance and stupidity.

posted by  chevypwr6

Oh, and exactly how did I say "it" pondscum? Did you not say you have no faith in 400HP family cars. Yet you have been quoted for thinking the CTS-V is a great car. The CTS-V happens to be a 400HP family sedan. You contradicted yourself and I gave you several examples of pure performance sedans that are capable of hauling arround familys or 4, even 5. That I'm almost asserive that you and your underdeveloped 16yr old mind think are "cool" or "awesome". Lets get one thing straight. If you're going to call me a retard, please do yourself the favor and TRY not to look like one yourself.

You'll commonly find that almost all of the more experienced members of this forum fell the same way towards people that absolve high levels of ignorance and stupidity, such as yourself. Me and STiman are on the same book of ignorance and stupidity. Just because you just so happen to be in every page of it, does'nt make us the bad guys.

posted by  DSMer

you know what...i have been goin back and forht with you for a few days now...and honestly i dont have the energy to keep this up...your basically a waste of my time. i said there was good information in your post about the family sedans with over 400 hp...now if only you could try not to sound like a robot when you say it....its called people skills...give it a try one day...its a really nice thing to have when you wake up from your own little world. and as for your 16 year old comment...im not even goin to justify that with a responce.

posted by  chevypwr6

Sounding like a robot is merley because you lack the vocabulary that smarter people generally tend to have. Oh and, you do know that by mentioning you're not going to justify something with a response, its a response?

posted by  DSMer

yes..im aware...very good....thats enough

posted by  chevypwr6

http://www.chrysler.lv/images/chryslerinside/conceptcars/300c.jpg

Family car? :screwy:

posted by  abless

Right... I'll decide when enough is good enough. And yes the 300C is a family car. If you are'nt aware of that, then you should probably go back to drawing board A.

posted by  DSMer

looks like a family car to me...

posted by  chevypwr6

me too

abless, put down the crack pipe. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Seems like a luxury car. Whatever.

Okay. I'll stick to my other one.
:mrgreen:

posted by  abless

Noooo stay far away from the pipe. Think about what you are saying. You're saying that the car looks like a luxery car, therfore it can't be a family car. Now how many family cars are luxery? Just about every 4-door sedan over $25,000. Woah buddy you need to chillax for a minute. Something was frying your nuerons. Might I suggest not staring so closeley at sunlight and or stand away from the microwave when cooking tastey snacks and small bite sized finger foods.

posted by  DSMer

No, it's a different kind of pipe. is bad, mmkay?

Okay. I realize that now.

I admitted I was wrong to the heinous crime of confusing a luxury car with a family car and you go off on a tangent about how I shouldn't look at the sun. Dude, wtf? Chill.

posted by  abless

DSM: That was a compliment... sorry if I wasnt very obvious
Chevy: You are a dumbass... How am I ignorant or stupid? I would greatly appreciate answers and quotes... thanks!

DSM... we are on the same page! Yay! ??

posted by  StiMan

The regular 300C HEMI can beat the new mustang in the 1/4 mile. Imagine being in your mustang and being stomped by a big family sedan... ouch! That's the 340hp version. The SRT-8 gets 425hp and a 6 speed standard. I don't think their are many on this board that could keep up with one of those. 99% of the ones I've seen on the road so far have the 5.7 (340hp). So if you're in your car and looking for a race, don't go after one of those unless you have something real under the hood!

posted by  DaytonaTurbo

Your Message