91 camaro sealed lamp

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  91 camaro sealed lamp

Hi,

I have a 91 Chevy Camaro and want to replace with H4 bulbs from sealed lamps. However, I was told that the wiring needs to be upgraded. I don't know where to begin. I am also not sure how to install it. Is there a wiring kit sold somewhere? I need your help. Thanks.

posted by  stonefield

At the risk of being attacked for making a fair assumption, it looks like you're saying you want to upgrade to composite headlamps with H4 bulbs in place of the sealed beams. If I'm right read on, if I'm wrong stop here.

Whoever told you your wiring needs to be upgraded is without a clue. H4 bulbs, although they are higher intensity actually use less power than the sealed beams due to increased efficiency, so your wiring is just dandy. The only problem MAY be in the pigtail connector at the light. Some H4's are plug and play, some require repalcing the connector which is as hard as falling of a log.

So, the only thing you'll have problems with is finding an H4 headlight assembly to fit in place of the original lamp. I've never personally seen them in that size but I'm not saying they don't exist.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message