2007 Chevy Camaro....

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  2007 Chevy Camaro....

Here is a thread from an F-body forum which talks a lot about the 2007 Camaro coming, or maybe not coming.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117799&perpage=15&page number=1

Also check page 63 of this pdf

http://www.edc.ca/prodserv/automotive/pdf/cleveland_e.pdf

posted by  Flame Roller

From what ive been hearing is that Chevy (GM) stopped making the Camaro.. I'll believe the rummor that the camaro is commin backwhen it happens...

83camaro

posted by  83camaro

I think the Camaro will come back. I hope it comes back, it'll encourage a "war" with the Mustang, and hopefully produce faster and better musclecars. I don't want a Mustang monopoly.

posted by  What

i agree with you but i think that as soon as the chevy sees that they need a car to compete with the poneys then they will upgrade their cobalts. although i would love to see the camaro come back

83camaro

posted by  83camaro

Cobalts? To compete with the Mustang? I don't think so. Cobalts are FWD, there is no way it will be in competition with the Mustang. The Mustang GT has 300 hp, I'd like to see a front-wheel-drive car with 300 hp.

The Cobalt and Mustang aren't in the same league. No comparison. The Cobalt is competing with Ford's Focus. Chevrolet currently has no car in the Mustang's category.

posted by  What

like I said I don't know if it is true or not, but I would hope so, especially if it ends up doing somewhat well and they then bring back one of my favorite cars, the Firebird, which has always depended on Camaro sales.

Also to What... why would it be so hard to get a FWD car with 300 hp? I mean they make AWD cars with over 300 hp, so I don't see why it seems implausable to you.

posted by  Flame Roller

Ok, understanable, cobalt and mustang, not happening, but where do you get off saying that chevrolet has no mustang category car, forget about the corvette? Unless you say that the corvette is in its own league with out a ford counterpart...

posted by  S_DemonSpeed_S

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
As i said before i agree with the cobalt not being in the mustangs league.... Ever!!! But 300whp for a fwd is not even hard. People do it in civics, the most under-powered stock engines available for "performance-driven" cars. If they want to see some hard-core FWD cars, go here - http://www.lvracingscene.com/videos.php or www.cheesefrog.com

The vett can go with the mustang.. BUt have you every heard the expression.. Just because its a vett doesnt mean that it is fast? With out the camaro, chevy does not have a cheep musscle car that is able to compete with the GTO and mustang... Thus Perhaps either in 06 or 07 the new camaro will be relieased, if it ever comes back.

83camaro

posted by  83camaro

actually, yeah. the Mustang and Vette ARE in different leagues. the covette costs a tad over $40K, where the Mustang starts at about $26K. big difference there.

oh and What...300 HP is doable in a FWD car....it's just not that favorable or practical. i'm sure you know why, so I won't bore you with it.

posted by  SuperJew

:screwy: :banghead:
As a matter of fact i have never heard that expression, because no matter what, if its a vette, it will be fast, and where do you get off saying to compete with the GTO??? GTO is GM buddy, thus so is Chevrolet, and the corvette would destroy the new GTO if it was put up against it...

Tell me why a FWD with 300+ hp isn't favorable or practical... Ive ridden, and driven one and its a daily driver and wasn't gutted...or maybe, just maybe, someone is an import hater... Which i used to be...

two words

Torque Steer

and what's this car you speak of? What would love to know...

posted by  SuperJew

The GTO is in with GM and so they dont have to compete, and GM does not have a Mustang Beater. The GTO could come to mind, but we are talking about Chevy not a Pontiac. GM NEEDS a Mustang-beater and a car in that catagory. It just feels empty with out it. You could make a 300 hp front drive car, but it could become quite combersome. On this subject, I also believe that Dodge needs to bring something to the battle. They are bringing back the Charger, but with 4 doors! That is bogus! The Crossfire is too expensive when it is powerful, and all in all: there needs to be a new muscle car war! The imports are holding out and the domestics seem to be failing. We need American Muscle! The Camaro has to come back, and Dodge needs a Muscle Car. That is just my opinion though. :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Yeah, its "do-able", but I meant its not likely or like you said, "practical", in a production car.

posted by  What

I think we're just repeating the same thing... :doh:

posted by  SuperJew

Yeah we are.

posted by  What

Lol... Post whoring is fun, isnt it?! :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

The GTO and Vette are NOT in the same category. The GTO has twice the amount of doors as the Vette for one.

posted by  abless

Just so you know, S_SpeedDemon_S's last two posts have been my words, at my request. So I'll fill in from here.

What 300+ hp car you ask? How about a 2001 Acura RSX Type-S with crower stage2 cams, skunk2 IM, Thermal R+D 3" cat-back, and a RevHard stage2 turbo kit. Any doubts that that pushes over 300whp? And as for torque steer, if you can't compensate for that, then maybe you should go back to riding a bike. Sure, the car is ****ing crazy, but you have to know how to DRIVE it. And as for the GTO being a sedan .... um no? And even if it was, there are sedans that would beat the shit out of a corvette -- An R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R VSpec II NUR for one .... costs a lot more, but I'd rather pimp that than a corvette any day. If you wanna wax intellectual about cars, I'll be happy to do it.

posted by  EK_Eran_Ek

:banghead: :screwy: :fu:
ARE YOU REALLY THAT RETARDED??? OMFG!!! Please research your stuff before you speak next time!!!! The gto is not an Effing sedan you moron! Both the GTO and the Vette are 2DOOR COUPES!!!!

You're right. Only two doors, but seating for five.

posted by  abless

WRONG again. seating for 4. the GTO is a 2+2.

posted by  SuperJew

Thank you, once again this guy has been proven wrong, maybe he should stick to his crotch rockets, eh?

Or maybe you should just stick to talking about cars and not about the drivers? :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

You're probably right. I havn't seen many interior pictures, and when I went to the San Fran Auto show I was too busy sitting in the driver seat to look in the back.

posted by  abless

Yea. I'll stick you with my crotch rocket.

Thanks STi man.

posted by  abless

No prob! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Where do you get off saying im talking about drivers? i said, since he has been wrong SO many times in a row that he should stick to his bikes since he probably knows about them. So, STEP OFF B**** :fu:

And now you are over-reacting... Have a anger management problem or something? :screwy: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

If the new Mustrang does very well then I figure that GM would have to respond and bring back the Camaro. Trends might reverse and coupes could be popular again. Those design pics of the 5th gen Camaro by that 19 year old Kris Horton look cool. Making the new car follow the style of the 67-69 F body is a smart move because those cars are well respected. :thumbs:

1967 Camaro (http://www.camaros.net/years/67/newcamaro.html)

1967 Firebird (http://www.er3.com/firebird/)

posted by  e12Euro

"So many times in a row"? WTF? So I guess you know EVERYTHING about cars and are never wrong. If you aren't getting anything wrong, you aren't trying hard enough or asking enough questions. :fu: :fu:

posted by  abless

ditto. let's try to keep off the personal attacks. :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

If? There is no question that the new Mustang will do very well.

posted by  What

The Camaro IS comming back. It will probably be in 2007 based on the new GM "Zeta" platform.
The 1st year it is rumored to come out with a turbo V6 as the base Camaro, and the 400 hp LS2 in the SS, then the second year of production the Z/28 is supposed to come out with the 500 hp LS7.

posted by  Mykdiver

I don't want to get into this so all I will say is please just talk about the Cars

The Camaro I will assure you will return I am not possitive of when it will be returning but i have a few pictures of what it will look like when it does as far as they are concerned right now...

Let me say I am very impressed with the styleing the only thing i would change is the rear end i would make it a little wider than the rest of the body well a little more than it is...

I don't know about what the engine is suppose to be like but V-6 or not 400hp is very impressive compared to the mustangs V-8 with 300hp and a Z-28 with 500hp that would not only blow my mind but it would blow any and all mustangs off the road... In my opinion when Chevy brings it back it wont just be to compete with the new mustang because there will be no competition...

posted by  barsy07

A while ago, I posted a topic on the "Return of Muscle Cars". It pretty much can happen and most likely will. There's no way that GM is gonna let their unfavorable GTO do battle with the Mustang all by itself. So yeah, the hype pretty much is true that the Camaro will come back, with pretty much the same engines that Mykdriver specified, but I think the Z28 would be a detuned LS7 and make less that 500 hp, somewhere in the mid-400s. Dodge could use its Charger as its competitor, given that they make the SRT-8 version a coupe, which I think they probably will. In other words there is a good chance that the muscle car wars could come back, but Ford sure has gotten a good head start.

posted by  STi Guy

I wish that actual muscle cars would return... but we will have to live with sports cars which is good too. Being a Firebird driver I would love to see its return, should the new Camaro do well, only problem there being price if they use those engines. Cost won't be the same as it used to be.

Also barsy, I hate to tell you this, and am not trying to be rude, but those pictures you submitted are only a possibility of what the new Camaro could perhaps look like, in fact I believe those are renderings by a child, thusly just a dream of what he hopes they will look like when they return, although it is very possible they will use that style, it is just as possibly they will wait till the car comes out for the actual unveiling of what it will look like, to keep up suspense.

posted by  Flame Roller

I just wanted to add to some of the past messeges... I think that you GTO competes with the corvette just as much as the Cobalt competes with the Mustang, they just dont go together. Mustang and Camaros will always be competing agianst each other. Thats how its always been thats how it always will be no new car will change that. Personaly i think that Chevy will come out with the new Camaros and when they do i think that Mustang will have a tough time keeping up.

posted by  98Camaro

WTF kinda engine do they put in it to produce 400hp with a 6cylinder. I know its possible im not sayin that i just wanna know specs about it cuz thats a badass 6 cylinder

posted by  83transam

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0409phr_camaro/

interesting article on this subject

posted by  sofaking

Your Message