question about I/H/E

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  question about I/H/E

Mustangs have headers stock and for the intake i think a swap of a cobras intake (upper and lower) works good with biger injectors(24lb or so). As for the exhaust take the cat of and put a good muffler on it (like a flowmaster). This might not b the best but me and a buddy have had a good change with it.

posted by  muddy4x4man

im probly going to get a mustang early 90s maby a 92 any sugestions for I/H/E (Intake/Headers/Exhaust)

posted by  caffeine junky02

Before we ask what parts to buy to modify our car, why don't we buy the car. Wouldn't it be a waste of time for everybody involved to give opinions and examples for this and then you buy a Civic. I think so.

And I believe the official language of Car Forums is English, please use it in all your posts. Have a nice day.

posted by  vwhobo

why can't i cheak out the mods i can do for it before i buy it? if im not mastaken this fourms are to help other car fanitacs out. am i right? if not i will aplogise and not post again, but i like these fourms so can i just get a little respect. if you dont like me or my stupidy, then dont respond to my posts. its not that hard man. all i asked was a question no need to fucking flip out. i try to be nice man, but damn dude its getin hard.. like i said tho all i want is some info about it befor i go and buy it

First of all let's take a deep breath and read what I wrote and then read what you just wrote. Now, who's the one that's flipping out. I don't recall asking for an apology, asking you to never post again, saying that I disrespect you, saying it was hard, saying I wouldn't help, saying that you're stupid, or saying that I don't like you.

What I did say in fewer words was that until you have the car please don't ask how to modify it. There are a few reasons for this. First, even YOU don't know what year Mustang you'll be buying. Second, although I'm assuming you want to get a 5.0 that is still only an assumption based on the fact that I was the one who pointed you in that direction in another thread. Third, I have no idea, and you gave no clue, what your budget might be. Please save me the BS about money is no object. If I had a penny for every wannabe that told me MINO but couldn't back it up I'd be a rich man today.

So now it's up to you to accept this for what it is. I figure there's a 50/50 chance that you'll read this and realize exactly how you sounded in your last post. Let's just see. Comments?

posted by  vwhobo

Im sorry i was outa line im my last post. I just get frustrated really quick. I understand where u are comming from but still... I relise that u never said anything about me being stupid ect.. But its just way u write your posts it seams like you are talking down to everyone (no offence), but that is the way i see it, and i cant stand that but i will bite my toung next time. i understand what you are saying. i have a price range of about 2-3 grand (for mods only), i want a 92 and yes a 5.0. I know im geting this car but all i have to do is wait for the cheak to come in. Thats why im looking in to the future and trying to figure out once i get it, I will have some what of an idea of what i want to do to it.

The question is tho do you understand my point?

i dont want to argue/disscuss (call it what u will) i just want to at least try to get along

In the Future i will make my posts more clear and think them out more

I think the word you're looking for is condesending. Or maybe arrogant or conceited. Maybe that's because I'm on here trying to have intelligent dialog and I'm trying too hard. Or maybe it's because I've seen so many questions and other bullshit on this forum that are just so far out there that I keep my guard up. Or maybe I'm just an asshole. How about a combination of all three. So yeah I see your point but do you see mine? I don't want to argue with anyone either but sometimes it just works out that way.

posted by  vwhobo

ok im sorry then i will not post about my car untill i get it sry for the inconvenice and i dont rember if i ever thanked you for the look out about the mustang in the first place im only 16 and im assuning you are about 28-38 so its pontless to argue with you espacaly sence you have such a good vocabulary when as u can see cant stand up to the match..... and i do see your point like i said in my preavous post

i hope we can get along or at least not have convos like this on every topic

wat the hell? why cant he ask about mods if he hasnt bought the car? maybe he wants to see what mods there are before he buys the car so that he can make a good decision on what he wants. i mean. if he wants to have a lot of mods he has a right to find out.

geez, some people. its called free speech vwhobo.

posted by  SuperJew

You're absolutely correct. So why didn't you give him some info on modifications instead of just shittin' with me. Also please show me where I said he can't ask about something.

And while you're on the topic of free speech let me remind you I have that same freedom of speech. I'll bet you're a liberal who thinks free speech should only be free if you agree with it. Please feel free to comment no matter how useful or useless that comment may be.

posted by  vwhobo

SuperJew, here's a little something I just stumbled on to that I think sums up my feelings quite well.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."

Think about it.

posted by  vwhobo

cool cool thx for the responce at least i have some kinda of anidea where to look into about the mods

There is lots of little things you can do to your car, forgot to tell you a big help for horsepower is a electric fan.

posted by  muddy4x4man

i never heard of an electric fan on cars before or i just cant rember right now

Another reason why asking a question like this is pointless. Unless you can sift through the BS by doing your own research how do you know which info is correct.

1. Yes, 5.0's come with headers but any quality aftermarket header will provide better breathing.

2. Swapping the intake is a good plan but the MAF sensor is the flow restrictor. If you don't change that you've just wasted time and money.

3. Bigger injectors will only help you if you're making big gains in horsepower, much more than will be attained by changing the intake and mufflers. Stock 5.0 injectors are good to about the 400 hp level so again, why waste the time and money?

4. Cut off the cat's? That's illegal in all states and punishable in some. What about the X-pipe? What diameter pipe? How much will you gain with the stock headers? My money is on you THINK it's faster because it's louder.

5. Electric fans don't make horsepower they do however save a small amount. They also tend to not cool as well as a crank driven fan. For a daily driver the stock fan works just about perfect.

5. I'm still waiting for SuperJew to exercise his freedom of speech and give you some performance tips.

posted by  vwhobo

hehe Thank You for sorting through all the BS for me saved me some work

Sure thing, but how do you know I'm not the bullshitter?

posted by  vwhobo

well u help alot of other people, and from what i understand u work in a car shop . you know how to write well so u are edacated(unlike me still in highschool) so if u have a good education then i figure it would be eazy for you to get into a tec school, and pass so u could get a job in a car shop. if u where all bs then you would not take the time to write out what he said and weed out all the bullshit, u would just go along with it. so i figure u know your stuff

make sence? thats my logic

I'm in High School and I'd say that my writing isn't half bad...then again, I could be wrong. :?

posted by  Widowmaker2k

why thank you vwhobo. well i can tell u what my dad did to his 95 mustang gt, but keep in mind my dad has a higher budget than u i bet. he put in a borla exhaust system, a Jacobs ignition system, and i believe a K&N air filter. not sure how many hp it gained but im sure ull get some increase. hes also thinking about supercharging it, but im not sure if thatll meet ure budget.

good luck!

posted by  SuperJew

Well that's pretty cool but the '95 GT has a completely different engine than the '92 5.0, so...... Maybe we should get our info from somebody who has direct experience with upgrading a 5.0, like me.

Oh yeah, your dad picked up about 10-15 hp.

posted by  vwhobo

yea i failed every class but some how i only failed one grade (this year to much drugs but im outa all that now) i never payed attion in school and this is good spelling/writing if you saw how i useto write but vwhobo did what i say make sence to you why its not bs?

Yeah, I'd say you'd probably get about a B in logical thinking.

posted by  vwhobo

i may not be able to spell but in smart when it comes to logic and commin sence

thanks for that- ill pass it on to him. also, im not going to argue with u bout how i think theyre the same engine, and in fact, they probably are. cuz theres no point. thanks.

posted by  SuperJew

There's always a point if you're man enough to make it. Since you won't I'll make it for you. I was wrong, the first year for the 4.6 in the GT was '96, the '95 still had the 5.0. I just wonder why you didn't go out, pop the hood on Daddy's car and look.

posted by  vwhobo

well its because im actually in school, and have homework to do- this is only a part-time hobby- and my dad isnt one to just pop the hood without him around- he takes good care of his toys. but yes, you were wrong for once. thanks for admitting it, unlike some bastards here who dont.

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message