The 2-door Charger

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  The 2-door Charger

Look, I know everyone is peeved that the Charger is a four door instead of a two door, but fear not, there is hope. Chrysler is releasing a two door coupe as shown in this link http://www.cwwcardesign.com/cars/chrysler300coupe.html . To follow that up, I have heard rumors that the SRT-8 version of the Charger may just arrive in the form of a coupe. The car would also most likely display the grill on the new Magnum SRT-8 as shown in this photo http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/la_show/magnumsrt8/page s/SRTMagnum_F78.htm. Put all of that together and you end up with what the Charger should have been in the first place, given that they also include a 6-speed Manual (which I'm sure they would since every other Dodge SRT car has come with a manual). So at least there is hope, let's just cross our fingers and hope that Dodge sees the criticism and makes the right decision.

posted by  STi Guy

That Chrysler is pretty hot. My Spidey senses are telling me a convertible is coming. Does that seem practical?

posted by  moostang104314

Edmunds is having a chat with the chief engineer live. Thurs. night. 9EST. Maybe he'll talk about the 4/door & 2/door stuff.

posted by  dodgermon

I feel bad for the Muscle cars of old being made into 'sedan' looking vehicles today, such as the GTO and now the Charger. Personal preference is that I would just rather have the classic due to looks. As far as power goes the new vehicles are fine, but why waste that power in something that looks like those vehicles, they aren't even sports cars by look.

posted by  Flame Roller

The original GTO was more of a "sedan looking car" than teh new one. hell it was just a Pontiac Tempest with badges and a big engine. The new one is a sleek coupe.

And neither the original charger OR GTO were sports cars by any stretch of the imagination.

posted by  ChrisV

I never said that the original GTO or Charger were sports cars, they were muscle cars, and I am aware of that fact. I said that these new cars are not even at least sports cars, ie. Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, Viper, (of these days, not the classics) etc.

posted by  Flame Roller

You said teh new ones were a waste as they weren't even sports cars. Since teh originals weren't sports cars, why should the NEW ones be spoorts cars? they are musclecars in the tradition of the old ones, except that they work better in EVERY category. I fail to see how that's a waste. Unless you're extremely closed minded.

And of the cars you listed, ONLY the Viper is a sports car (and the GTS is a GT car).

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message