1994 Ford Tempo Fuel Relay Location?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  1994 Ford Tempo Fuel Relay Location?

I have asked and asked ford dealerships and they cannot give me the correct location so I will try here. I have a 1994 Ford Tempo GL with a 2.3L 4cyl and a 5 Speed tranny. I am positive that the fuel pump relay is screwed but I cannot find it ANYWHERE!!! Can some PLEASE let me know where the relay is on this damn car :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:

posted by  haileybutt

Ford's had major problems with this. It's in your fuel tank, dummy.

posted by  '89Camry

NOT THE FUEL PUMP iitself, I need to know where the RELAY SWITCH IS. Its a plastic black box with 5 wires plugging into it. :screwy:

posted by  haileybutt

Thanks for all the help. WHAT A JOKE FORUM :fu:

posted by  haileybutt

Here's a tip douche bag. Try adding something to this forum before you dance in and EXPECT help. I can answer your question if you can answer mine. What have you done for Car-Forums.com lately?

posted by  vwhobo

Hey VWHOBO! Where are the fuel pump located in the car? Is it in the fuel tank or somewhere near the engine? Does the fuel pump pump the fuel from the tank? What about the fuel pressure regulator, Where is that at? Can you tell me how the fuel flows starting from the tank to the cylinders. Please help me im a dumbass just trying to learn.

posted by  CarEXPERT

To answer a general question such as that would require a small book. There are many different types of systems and subsystems in use. Yes some fuel pumps are in the tank. Some pumps are electrical and some mechanical. Not all cars have fuel pressure regulators. Some cars use fuel injection and some carburetors. This doesn't even scratch the surface of automotive fuel systems. Again, I can sum up my suggestion for you in one word. Library.

posted by  vwhobo

Thanks alot VWHOBO... but would the library have information on that. i already searched the internet but the only thing that comes u are the parts and it has no information on it. Im talking about modern cars and all of them are electrical fuel injections.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Specifying modern fuel injected cars does indeed narrow the scope of your question considerably, but... Even still the info you're looking for would fill a small book. Most electric fuel pumps are inside the fuel tank. Fuel pressure regulators could be integral with the pump, at the engine and some cars now regulate fuel pressure by the PCM controlling electrical current flow to the fuel pump. Injectors are normally electrically controlled by the ignition or PCM. This is still a huge and complex explanation.

posted by  vwhobo

The fuel pump relay is in a module located on the drivers side strut tower. This module is around 4 inches square with a large connector held in with an 8mm bolt. This module controls the cooling fan operation also. You might want to check all fuses first of course, including fuse links on starter relay. But this module has bad history of being the problem The fans can still work even if fuel pump side of module does not

posted by  Rhino77_99

Did you ever find the fuel pump relay on your Tempo? I am having the same miserable problem with mine. If you could help me find this I would greatly appreciate it.
sfeely
:banghead:

posted by  sfeely1

I looked all over the strut tower for the fuel pump relay on my 1993 tempo. The only thing I saw that is 4 inches on there I took off but it does not open up. I am not sure it is even thick enough for the relay to be in there. Am I missing something?

posted by  sfeely1

You do know that this thread is 5 months old. Why do people bring up old threads :banghead:

posted by  99integra

Well he did say he has the same problem so maybe he's hoping someone will see the thread, come in to flame him and maybe end up helping him(?) i dont know. It would be easier just to start a new thread though.

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message