Best way to do a burnout in a 89 dodge dakota?

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Best way to do a burnout in a 89 dodge dakota?

I have an 89' Dakota and just wanted to know how i can do the best burnout i've down a couple good ones on wet leaves but other then that I have had no success oh btw it is a 3.9 liter v6 if it matters.

posted by  DoctorL

stick or auto?

stick, rev high, drop clutch...

auto... um, nuetral bomb it, stick it in nuetral, rev up, slam it in drive... or hold the brake as hard as ytou can, rev up, let of brake...

posted by  mazda6man

Hey! how do u get a fast takeoff wit a stick when you wanna have a fast launch? do u slip the clutch or something?

posted by  CarEXPERT

dont rev up so high, feather the clutch if you have to but dont kill your clutch...

posted by  mazda6man

what do u mean my feather. can you please be more specific because im not that smart. So you hold the clutch in 1st gear and rev up then let go clutch slowly while full throttle?? i think im wrong so please correct me

posted by  CarEXPERT

For someone whose name is car expert you seem to be lacking a little in the Expert area.

But anyway, doctorL, If your car is an automatic, its rather simple. Put your rear tires into some water or bleach if you really want the tires to spin (and smoke in the case of bleach). Next you can either throw caution to the wind, hold the brake, put the car in neutral, rev up your engine then slam it into drive keeping the brake depressed the whole time while also flooring the accelerator. Or you can be slightly more careful and keep the car in drive while the tires are placed in said liquid then hold the brake and gas at the same time.

If its a stick, follow the same basic procedure, Put the car in first rev the engine, and slowly letout the clutch until the tires start to pull, then floor the gas and let the clutchout all the way and move your foot to the brake as quickly as possible.

NOTE: the liquid under the wheels isn't necessary, but will make things much easier.

carEXPERT, by feathering the clutch he means letting the clutch out to friction point(or feather point), which is the point where the clutch starts to make contact with the flywheel and the tires begin to move. Unless he was actually talking about something else, but thats what i've always known it to mean.

posted by  Zalight

Thanks for that but i acually wanted to know how to do a quick launch in a manual car.
How do you burn your clutch?

posted by  CarEXPERT

You can burn your clutch through driver abuse, or it will just wear out over time. A clutch is an expendable part of a car (like the breakes) and will wear over time even if you treat it very well.

To do a quick launch the easiest way is probablly just to push in the clutch, put the car in first, rev the engine and then let the clutch out quickly while flooring it.

posted by  Zalight

That wont stall the engine?

posted by  CarEXPERT

No, thats called dumping the clutch or neutra-bombing it. People do it all the time, of course not during daily driving, it can stall your car if you mess up the whole launch, but it shouldn't.

posted by  Zalight

Your Message