2002 Cavalier, Question bout aftermarket RKsport Exhaust

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  2002 Cavalier, Question bout aftermarket RKsport Exhaust

I have a 2002 chevy cavy and im looking to get an RKsport dual catback exhaust. I was wondering if anyone new much about them, and if they are good performance wise.

posted by  xXJaZeRXx

yea actually i have one it soundas like a jet and it gave me about 12HP :smoke:

posted by  eclipsed420

Well i got the dualys from RKsport... Turns out they are magnaflows and they are awesome!!! I HIGHLY recomend them!!!!!

posted by  xXJaZeRXx

Whats the point of a Dual exhaust on a I4 Cavalier?

posted by  thunderbird1100

Because i like them, i think it looks nice and sounds nice. Personally i dont care what other people think, i dont care if it runs a 2.3, 0-60 its my car and i can do what i want with it, and will and make it look like whatever i want... thats my reason for doing it.

posted by  xXJaZeRXx

Just asking for a point, since there's no performance benefit, actually hinders performance. So you just did it for looks basically?

It didnt make the performance worse, i wouldnt say it gave it any power but i can tell it drives like it breathes better, hard to explain. Not like its very heavy either. And ya i also did it for looks because i always like how dual exhaust looks. And you really dont seem em on cavys often.

posted by  xXJaZeRXx

I didnt mean it hurt performance from stock, I meant it didnt gain as much as a single exit (2.25"-2.5") system would. When you lessen the backpressure that much you lose a little power (not from stock, but like I said before). And yeah, a Dual exhaust does weigh a bit more than a single exit system, another little performance kicker, but not major.

ya i understand that, but i think that a single exhaust is uneven looking, but dual, evens it out. And they are not very common and i just plain think its sexy :-p So you could say i did that part for looks, got the aftermarket exhaust for perforamnce but wanted to take it a step farther thats all.

posted by  xXJaZeRXx

here is an idea. you get the look and dont loose any performance. you can fake dual exaust and it still sounds good and looks like what you want. but its up to you. your back pressure will be good for all the mods you want to do and you will get that even look.

posted by  frizzal

Your Message