ford help please

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  ford help please

does any of you guys have the wireing book for an 89 tempo.i need to know what are the hot wire or wires going to the power windows..keep blowing fuse even after unpluging the window motors.must have a short someplace.want to try to run wire from battery to windows to bypass the wire under the dash..any help would be greatly appriciated..Tom

posted by  ymurf

Go to your local auto parts store and grab the Haynes manual for the Tempo. In it there should be a full wiring diagram for your year.

posted by  ChrisV

The relay is inside a module located on or by the drivers side strut tower it also controls cooling fan funtions there are 2 or three functions but only one fails, find this and replace it it looks like the old style ignition box

posted by  Rhino77_99

Git it fixed guys, the fuse also controled the trunk latch..behind the glovebox they had the hot wire pinched under a bolt. guess it finaly wore to the wire..all i had to do was open glove box..i allmost have the dash out..what a mess..still no power door locks though.i can live with that i guess..i am not tracing anymore wires..lol
Thanks for the replys guys...Tom

posted by  ymurf

Sorry clicked on wrong message disregard stupidity

posted by  Rhino77_99

Your Message