What kind of idling system does a 1991 pontiac sunbird have ??

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  What kind of idling system does a 1991 pontiac sunbird have ??

What kind of idling system does a 1991 pontiac sunbird 3.1 have ??

posted by  Rad1

a shot in the dark here but an idle air control motor? is this trivia?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

maybe an idle air control solenoid? dont' know when or if gm started using solenoids. why the question?

posted by  carlos

well friend wants to check out the idling system to see if its has somthing to do with my car stalling out. but not sure what kind i have.

ive posted my problem before below.
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=9044

posted by  Rad1

Carlos i have this stupid question but I dont know so.. when a car idles(no throttle) is the throttle body open alittle bit to get air in. If it does than when you turn your car on and leave it at idle, will you be wasting fuel?

posted by  CarEXPERT

if the car is running your always using fuel dude

Even when your wheels are not spinning? at idle around 700RPM you are wasting fuel so the throttle body is opened a little?

posted by  CarEXPERT

as far as i know it takes 2 things to make and engine run...air and fuel

so i guess yes its open a little to alow those through

posted by  Rad1

Just a correction . there are THREE(3)(tres) things that make an engine run, air, fuel, and NOS!!!

posted by  CarEXPERT

on some vehicles throttle plate might be completely closed but an iac motor or solenoid is allowing air through the throttle body, and no nos is not one of the essentials!

trivia for you carexpert! whats the third essential? fuel air and....... tick tock tick tock

Spark DUMBShit

posted by  CarEXPERT

Are you sure it isn't "v-tech" or "NOS". :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Your Message