Upgrade Climate Control and "Information System HELP! 99 Grand Prix

Home  \  Domestic Cars  \  Upgrade Climate Control and "Information System HELP! 99 Grand Prix

Hey Everyone!

So far this is my second post my introduction being the first. I currently own a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Coupe with pretty much stock everything (my first car from my parents). My scenario: I would like to get installed the digital climate and upgraded computer system that has an LCD. Now I know someone who from e-bay.com who bought these parts from his (says they are working) old job and they included all the wires and what not, but I'm an-aware if you can put these components into the car aftermarket or if they needed to be put in only at the factory. I haven't been able to come across anyone to help answer my question so I figured I’d try here first. I would kill for any information because I obliviously am lost in space over here :doh:. Please, I know everyone on here is much smarter then I am , I just hope someone will HELP ME! (I'm begging here!)

Thanks Everyone, and I appreciate your input on my issue GREATLY! :clap:

P.S.
If these components can be installed, would anyone have any suggestions on where I could get this done? (I don't mind paying as much as it takes; just want to get my baby a little more loaded...)

posted by  REDGrandPrix99

I am a freshman Electrical Engineer at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York, and I have the same dilemma in my '02 SE. I just recieved the head unit, if that's what you want to call it. I am trying to track down a connector, so I can use the plug, and create a harness or inverter in order to sucessfully operate the digital unit. I will keep you posted. I am just in the early stages, and cannot guarantee how long it may take. If you can help me find the wiring connector to plug into the digital control unit, that would be a significant help.

posted by  JohnTheLawnBoy

Your Message