I just got a '95 ford explorer and i know with alot of cars you can make your own clear lenses/tail lights. has any one done this to an explorer, if so how
i don't think i've ever heard of anyone making their own lenses, clear or
buying them, yes, but making them? doubt it...
but i've been wrong before
1. Even if you could make your own how would you propose to make them
optically correct. After all a tail light lense is more than a piece of
transparent red plastic.
2. Why do people put clear tail light lenses on a vehicle, then put smoked covers on the headlamps?
3. Asa, if you're an L6 kinda guy, why do you have a V8 avatar?
Thank you for allowing me to free associate.
1) i'll assume it's for nospeed_12 to answer
2) cause they are idiots who don't actually think about what they are doing
3) several different reasons actually
a) cause i'm different in a "special" way, if i could find one as an L6, i'd use it instead (for some reason, most people don't like inline six engines, don't know why...)
b) cause while i'm partial to L6's i like just about anything i can wrench on
c) cause it's cool (for more info on this one, please see #2 above)
it'll change in a month or two to something else though, soon as i find something else to distract me
anyways, it works for now, my current mode of transport is a PITA chebbie
'86 model, powered by a fire breathing 4.3L beast! :rolleyes:
soon as i get home on leave i'm gonna drop that thing off at my dad's and get my truck