ricer fags and their piss ass 4 bangers

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  ricer fags and their piss ass 4 bangers

they make me so angry with their pissant 4 bangers and their coffee can bee stinger fart pipes, their carbon fiber wings are gay, I would go with real steel and kick all ass.

posted by  V8>4 banger

Good luck

posted by  Wally

Hey Mr BadAss, what kind of car do you drive?

posted by  vwhobo

I remember the good old days when my mom drove a rice burner. It got like 30 miles a gallon and it did real good at getting the groceries.

Oh wait, my mom still has a rice burner. It actually looks just like the pre-pubescent teen-agers across the street, except he has a spoiler and no exhaust system. And it is an automatic.

aka. your point taken

posted by  carls47807

Somebody has some issues!!! :screwy:

Lighten Up Francis!!! :laughing:

posted by  fc7gtx

well bobby joe, believe it or not i'm 15

posted by  V8>4 banger

Young enough to appreciate there is more to life than patriotic fervour.

posted by  Wally

I don't believe it... I was thinking closer to 12.

posted by  vwhobo

well, dip me in chocolate and call me ass faced ding dong how could you have known?

posted by  V8>4 banger

Online I can only do half. You're an ass faced ding dong.

posted by  vwhobo

well, anti actinium

posted by  V8>4 banger

well cat hole cat hole cat hole ct hole

http://www.cathole.com/

posted by  V8>4 banger

do you have something more retarded to say?

posted by  V8>4 banger

theres nothing wrong with rice burners, they get good gas milage, are quick and manuverable and are reasonably inexpencive. Im not saying there better, Im just saying there different. Its not like your oppinion matters anyways...There not going to stop making them because you are ignorent.

posted by  Gibson_RockerSG

They do what they were designed to do and do it well, perhaps one day you might appreciate that. But then if i am honest i hope you don't and go through life wondering why everyone else seems to have more cash to spend than you....if they are getting better gas miles as the price of fuel continues to rise then you might not be able to afford to fill your tank...
God i'm bored...i can't even be bothered to type a full reply to this idiot.. :banghead:

posted by  hammerthief

I have a few cars for that ass to race....any time... we are in green bay WI.
Shut the hell up and come on down, dont even bother posting unless you will race. Besides its just a supra LOL oh and a harmless hemi cuta......
ANYTIME!

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

So um, what's the VIN on that "Hemi 'Cuda" you say you have?

posted by  DodgeRida67

Ill let you know. We have two of them....oh and YES they are both REAL.
One will be for sale in a few weeks. Asking $90,000 OBO. Anybody is more than welcome to come see them at anytime. We are in Green bay WI
I will let you know the VIN tonite. I have to get a hold of my partner. They are his cars.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

OK - let me know the colors too.

posted by  DodgeRida67

One is Black and one is orange or red....the stock color. It has the Hemi stickers on it. I can get pictures soon.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Just as I thought. :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

You jack ass.......

His name is Aaron. Call him. 1-920-819-0769

Let me know when you called him........he said if anyone is interested...CALL HIM :thumbs:

THIS IS THE FUNNY PART

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

They don't exist, so shut up. How about YOU give ME a call? 678-895-1634.

You didn't give me VIN numbers, you didnt give them when you said you would. You were full of crap on that note and you're full of crap all the way around.

posted by  DodgeRida67

LOL ok buddy, I SAID CALL HIM.
I dont know the first thing about these cars. They do exsist, call him.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

And you will say sorry when you are wrong???
Aaron is a good Mechanic, he built both his and his brothers.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

The point is assface that the chances of him having two genuine Hemi 'Cuda's are slim and none. Clones? Sure. Real deal? Nah. Go ahead and give me the VIN numbers. Come on, stop running around and give them to me.

posted by  DodgeRida67

LOL LOL LOL
I just found a picture of the black one, but its to big to upload, leave your email address and I will send them to you...........LOL
dont even say some dumb shit like they are fake.....

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

LOL you have no idea who he is, im not saying that he is GOD, but how do you know the story on someone you never met.............that is the BEST part about these forums......people really dont know.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

You're a real assface. I don't care about pictures you took off google. I want VIN numbers that decode accordingly and are registered. Otherwise if your buddy tries to sell them he'll get in a heap of trouble telling people they are genuine Hemi 'Cuda's.

posted by  DodgeRida67

OH MY GOD.....you are funny......lol
this is great. google pics......lol
anytime you want to come to the shop and see them.......they will be there..
now you are just starting rumors, he isnt selling them as fake cars.....because they are real.......so please just call him and stop trying to fight with me......they are his cars not mine, the number is there.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

You're the assface spewing the shit, so I'm talking to you.

Time to put up or shut up. Here's what I want: VIN numbers. Don't bother replying unless you have both VIN numbers.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Forums are soooo great.....lets tell someone that they are wrong when we have noooooo idea, and dont belive them cause you dont agree lol

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Call aaron, and he can tell you the VIN #......they are his cars, so why is it so hard to jsut call him?

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

This isn't hard to understand, is it? I want YOU to post the VIN numbers HERE. OK? :banghead:

posted by  DodgeRida67

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

I present you with...
http://www.famousjames.com/full.jpg

Have a nice day.

posted by  DodgeRida67

So im full of shit because i am giving you the owners personal phone number and you wont call???? OK

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Is that you on a productive day???? Digging your hand in a shit filled toilet..........

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

PLAIN AND ****ING SIMPLE........WE WILL SETTLE THIS AT THE TRACK
DONT GIVE ME SOME BULL SHIT EXCUSE WHY YOU DONT WANT TO "WASTE YOUR TIME" WE WILL PUT CASH ON THE FLOOR ANY DAY BIIAAATCH :thumbs:

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

i am sure arron is real happy you are posting his # all over the internet ....i dont think anyone will doubt you if you come up with the vins all it takes is a pencil and some paper :banghead:

posted by  sofaking

Aaron was laughing his ass off. We are calling him this FRIDAY, so be by the phone. Aaron wants him to call him.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

wouldnt it be easier to post the vins? you could call me and i could tell you all day i have 5 hemi cudas plus a few yenko camaros without the vins or other proof of ownership it means nothing
:banghead:

posted by  sofaking

yeah, but will you let me come and see them????
anytime ANYONE wants to see them.......come on down, they will be there.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Again, talk is cheap, muthafu**er! You keep posting bullsh*t, but have yet to put your money where your mouth is! For example, if anyone questioned the authenticity of my car, they only need to see the attachments I've posted to this message and then they would have no choice but to shut the F***K UP! All they're asking for is PROOF!! Posted ON HERE!!! It's not so hard if you have it, but if you don't... :fu:
Go hang your head in shame, retire your username and come back with a clean slate (and a new name). You have made this into far greater an issue than it should be just because you posted shite and someone called your bluff!

posted by  DragonRider69

LOL
come and see them......why is that hard? Its jut a road trip....
forums are so great........i can give you the directions to the shop anytime, that will be the best way to prove it. Or call aaron. his number is posted.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

why make a roadtrip when you could post a pic and a vin? sounds to me like your just a LMAH with a overactive imagination
:laughing:

posted by  sofaking

Yeah thats it buddy.........

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

:ticking: :thumbs:

posted by  antiJDM

You, Sir, are a true ricer fag!

posted by  DragonRider69

Yeah a ricer fag........your right.
So lable someone a ricer fag when you have no clue who they are.....smart.....like i tell every other guy on here......lets settle this on the track.

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

funny how its always the same people spewing up madness in these forums.

have nothing nice to say? dont post. let the dumb ****s have their stupid conversation. there is no law in doing so.

save yourself the time to post and argue with people, havnt you realize there is no use? its just a never ending cycle, no matter how hard you try to edjucate or discipline someone it is really no use.

posted by  Ki2AY

oh wait i didnt see that you were from canada LOL LOL LOL LOL canada..

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

True!

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

well he's original in using expletives isn't he. Even if he smells worse than a cold wind comin off a pile of wet wolf shit:mrgreen:

posted by  antiJDM

hey rock-a t88 or w/e ur name is y the hell r u goin 2 first post about "ur buddies car" then swear up and down that their real their real but ur yet to give us any proof point is jus shut up an quit liein bout ur "ur friends car" an quit postin ppls number on the net im suure he doesnt appreciate it

posted by  hhsrastler92

I've read this thread from the start, funny. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

same here, i notice that two kids has taken over the thread in a "gimme the vin number, no you call, no give me the vin number, no you call" brawl. took up 2 pages i believe. :laughing:
GOOD GOING DODGE! VERY VERY MATURE.

this is the daily issue on CF. for goodness sake, if its nothing important, dont even bother arguing about it man. stop being an internet BULLY.

posted by  Ki2AY

Guess what bullshitting dick-head didn't call me like he said he would? Yeah, that would be Rockn-A-T88.

Alright buddy, enough of your bull. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

well, i hope someone is happy they won their pointless brawl.

once again, 2 pages of "give me the vin number! - no you call! -
give me the vin number! - no you call! -
give me the vin number! - no you call! - "

now now kids, fighting never solves everything :laughing:

posted by  Ki2AY

Considering your advice, I find it interesting that this is your third post on such a stupid, pointless topic... :screwy:

posted by  DragonRider69

:screwy: You of all people mister enlightened budda worshiper, should talk about posting pages of crap. Have you browsed your unfedfat topic? Man your a hippocrite ! The guy should have posted the VIN's if he wanted to back up his claim. PLAIN AND SIMPLE !!!!!!!!!!! :screwy:

posted by  ode94

EXACTLY!!!
People use these forums to get/give help or advice or discuss car related matters. There's no point if jerks post silly-assed bullshit and then continue to argue when someone calls them on it!
P.S. - Check out some of his other posts... he spews shit wherever he goes!

posted by  DragonRider69

Hey Assface, or is it Ben Taylor?
I called your partner, Aaron. Says you're full of shit! They are CLONES!! So case closed. You ARE an a**hole and you are too stupid to admit you are wrong or even that you made a mistake. Like I said before, hang your head in shame and get lost. Everything that you type from now on will be assumed to be BULLSH!T. You swore up and down that they were real and all we had to do was call Aaron. What did you think? We're all too cheap to make a long distance call?

Not bad for a Canadian, EH??

posted by  DragonRider69

1.6Liters... hell i've got a 2 Liter of pop next to me right now!!!

posted by  AmericanMuscle1

and just what exsactly is your point honestly?
please do explain.... because i want to answer.

posted by  Ki2AY

bwahaha!!! more feedback im lovin it. first of all, im sorry to break your heart, but i lied.. i aint no damn buddist.

i can see you to want to join the "give me the vin number, no you call give me the vin number, no you call " arguement.. LOL!!!! :laughing:

please, dont try to achieve stardom, you are new here, your still a peasant :orglaugh:

posted by  Ki2AY

oh please.......... you typed "EXSACTLY" in bold acting like he had a point. LOL. you cannot acheive stardom aswell my friend.

listen here, i have a plan, why dont you and ode have a couple shots together, and maybe suck each others dick since your such a suck up.

if only that was true, but its not... you see, there are to many critics here, for the past year, i tried to stop them, but well if you cant beat them, join them. hows about a taste of your own medicine geezers!

i glad you see it my way :hi:

oh, and dont worry, none of your post was taken seriously, because i understand how you look up to dodgerida, your just sucking up to him aswell, i know how it is, its like "i got your back hommie, im your boy" :laughing:
you know, your internet idol dodgerida had an idol once.. when i was new here, he wasnt always like this, he was pretty nice, then i notice he sucked up to the hobo so much that he became like him. then one day, about a couple motnhs ago, they went at it, dodgerida's heart was broken and now he is forever torn apart. the end! :orglaugh:

posted by  Ki2AY

I'm a peasant, what you are king ? you are the most ignorant person alive ! I love you man,finally somebody more ignorant that me. Thanks for all your help I thought I'd be stuck with the title of biggest azz, but now you can take over thank you so much Kiam2gay..... Oh and 1 more thing, thanks for your lovley and educational comments. I just love you can we be bestest pals ?

posted by  ode94

This just confirmed my question from another post. You ARE an idiot.

posted by  vwhobo

yes i am KING, and thank you, i love you to.

i can see how easily offended you are, you are there sitting on your computer desk with your armpits sweating, you shiver when you type, because you are afraid. while i on the other hand, laughs at stuff like this. have a lil elightment my friend :orglaugh:

kiam2gay = how original, thats gotta be from the book of 3rd grade jokes :wink2:

.. please do come by and post some more, because i am the TROLL here and i love to be fed.

posted by  Ki2AY

You want me don't you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hi: :hi: :hi:

posted by  ode94

Well, i was wrong. I honestly thought they were real cars, I dont know much about the cars and just recenty found out that they are very rare cars. Well sorry for all the shit............

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Since this topic is going nowhere, and has been doing so from the start I'm spamming :mrgreen: .

posted by  GreekWarrior

Shut up Greek, and give me the VIN number you idiot!

posted by  GreekWarrior

Just call my mate and he'll prove to you that I'm an idiot!

posted by  GreekWarrior

:laughing: :banghead: :laughing: :mrgreen: :thumbs: :screwy: (I'm bored)

posted by  GreekWarrior

Well... I knew that all along. That's why I wanted it to be settled here.

Don't worry about it. This isn't news.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Oh well lol I have alot to learn in the domestic world......well from what i see, there damn nice cars!

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

australia made the best muscle cars

posted by  Pro 351

Sounds like a challenge :twisted: .
Give us some examples to prove it (Monaros, Falcons, whatever) and I'll see if I can respond with an American to match...
This is going to be entertaining... :laughing: (that and 'what the hell', this thread can't get any worse). Bring on yo Aussie muscle, mate! :guns:

posted by  Gothicaleigh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Now I can honestly laugh at that..... :orglaugh:

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Even though I am Australian I have to admit that Americans are the king of V8's, because most of the car that are made in america are V8.

posted by  GreekWarrior

posted by  Ki2AY

I don't want to let facts get in the way of opinions, but... Only a small percentage of American built cars are V8's. Full size pick-ups and SUV's are a different story.

posted by  vwhobo

While I don't know enough about the US market, I don't understand why it should be the "king of V8's" based on sales volumes? Compare V8 power plants from europe and Asia and you might get a wider appreciation of what's out there.

posted by  Wally

According to some quick research, it would appear that this is not the case.

Strangely enough, I couldn't find any big block Australian musclecars and a four door falcon with a 351 Cleveland just doesn't have the gonads to go toe to toe with America's best such as an LS-6 Chevelle or 428SCJ Mustang, my 440 Six Pack Superbee or a couple of dozen others.

Dave

posted by  DPelletier

I guess I should throw some turnips in the soup and say:

The XY GTHO was the supposedly the world's fastest production car for it's time, the GTR XU1 supposedly the fastest production six for it's time, the Valient Charger six supposedly the most powerful production six for it's time. Like in the US the government started to play silly buggers and effectively capped power outputs for almost two decades (have a look at the power drop of the US windsors during the seventies to meet emmissions).

It appears the Vipers and the Mustangs could not hack the pace against the other cars in the procar series in Oz, where even the top end production porches and ferraris couldn't win.

Once again I don't follow US circuits so I wouldn't have a clue how things were or are there. I do know that the Australian super car series is going offshore to places like China.

posted by  Wally

American Muscle is ALWAYS better than IMPORT crap!

posted by  jdubya

I'm not going to weigh in with "we're better" or "you're better", but we must be doing something ok seeing as how the GTO (or whatever you're calling it over there) is an Australian car.

We tend to use American engines more over here now. Holden (GM) stopped making the 5.0L V8 a few years back and went for a 5.7L import. The 5L was an Aussie icon for years and years, but was starting to get a bit dated.

posted by  windsonian

Unfortunately, this is one of the more common style of thread on this forum.

"My XXX is better than your YYY.

Oh no it isn't. My friend has a YYY and it's way better than any XXX.

Oh yeah, my Dad has a XXX and he just beat our neighbor's YYY."

And on and on and on it goes. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

So should I assume that there's not going to be any factually based argument weighing up the merits of the cars in this thread then?

posted by  windsonian

According to my (admittedly brief) research, the XY GTHO was supposedly the worlds fastest production *4 door* car of its time. Quarter mile times of 14.4 seconds is decent for a small block, but a far cry from Ronnie Sox's famous 12.91 @ 111mph in a '69 Road Runner 440+6. In fact all 50 of the "50 fastest musclecar list" are faster than 14 seconds.
I also read about the Charger "Six Pack" and some of the other Aussie 6cyl cars and 6 cyl performance was definitely cutting edge "down under". I am still unsure why no big-blocks. Insurance? Fuel?

Dave

posted by  DPelletier

I would suspect smaller cars, rougher environment, smaller population, protected industry, imported fuel, English tradition, etc. Large American cars were imported but they tended not to survive the rigours.

If you read about the aussie clevelands you would know they produced much better figures than the US ones and there are still guys exporting the heads to US enthuisiasts, just like the ford 250 cross flow six heads and 200 2V heads.

I actually bought a Taurus Ghia in the 90's with the Kwaka donk and it was one problem after another.

posted by  Wally

The Falcons were just as large as American musclecars, and a number of your drag racers are dropping 429/460 blocks in to them (especially into my favorite Falcons, the XBs...). The Aussie musclecar era peaked in teh early '70s, a couple years after the US market peaked. We had far more musclecars with far more power overall, but you had a couple really cool ones I wish we had gotten, like the 308 powered Torana that was essentially the factory version of a V8 Vega in the US (or, more accurately, a V8 Opel Kadett).

A lot of those cars used many of the same components the US ones did. Ruggedness wasnt the issue, but cost of specific parts for cars that weren't native to the area, making them hard to repair iif a US specific part got broken. that caused them to be junked earlier than they would if the same part broke on an Aussie car.

We had the same issues with imports here in the US, specifically Europeans. Stuff that would be simple and cheap to repair on a domestic car mignt be impossible to get for the European, so the cars got junked, or at least parked and wasted away, sooner than if the parts had readily been available. Too bad the internet didn't exist then. A prime example is that it's easier and cheaper to get parts for my Fiat now than it was when the car was new...

posted by  ChrisV

posted by  Ki2AY

Yeah, the Toranas are pretty cool, I've got one with a standard 2.9L straight 6 .... not modded at all, but has potential.

They're only small cars though, they were the mid-size car that holden released at the time, the family car was the Kingswood (2 door kingswood was the Monaro)

posted by  windsonian

You won't have much potential with the 2.9 sitting in the bay :mrgreen:

ChrisV the A9X was a beast and the XB coupe was pretty good too, but the XY GTHO is legend and commands a very high price for a genuine article. I should have been more specific about the size of the US imports, but I was referring to the Parisien, Galaxy and RT Charger sizes, which were big mothers compared to the Falcons and Holdens. There is no doubt the US market had bigger displacement engines with more power. As a boy I saw cars like the GT500KR filtering into the streets via American servicemen doing time at Exmouth. As a youth I had exposure to plymouth ramchargers built for strip.

The key to capped power in Australia was the government deciding it was all too dangerous and edicted that as the biggest fleet purchaser of vehicles in the country it would boycott companies who persisted making muscle cars for general consumption.

posted by  Wally

Yeah, but if I ever get keen to do it, a nice 5.0L would slot in there nicely :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

24-valve twin-turbo intercooled straight six 1JZ-GTE 2.5-litre DOHC?

posted by  Wally

Problem is, everything on it is stock ... would probably have to make some other alterations before putting a hefty power plant in it. Might wanna replace the 3-on-the-tree tranny too.

That's the soarer engine isn't it? About 200kW if I remember correctly ... I'm not sure I should be in control of that much power in a Torana...
Weren't the twin turbos in those things parallel? Rather than a little one spooling a big one, weren't there two equal ones, with the exhaust stream split with half through each... Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

posted by  windsonian

Sounds about right. Leave the column shift and look at a toyota or turbo box. Install some coilovers and maybe a strut brace and bob's your uncle.

I would say go the 4.2 soarer V8 twin turbo, converted to a single front mount turbo, but if the 2.5 worries you......... :wink2:

posted by  Wally

what are the specs on the 4.2 with the twin turbos? and are they parallels too? I'm aware that this is searchable, but thought you might know off the top of your head.

What sort of boxes are there around that would work with the column shift? Did toyota make a 3 speed box that would suit that engine?

posted by  windsonian

You should be able to adapt the toyota box. They are apparently superior to ford and holden boxes and much lighter and have less losses. A fair few of the ammateur guys who frequent the strip are going to this combo or just using the toyota box. I'm sure you will find your info on a dedicated torana site, although there are always the diehard chev promoters.

posted by  Wally

i agree entirely, bitches drive 4-bangers

posted by  steve+_o

Two posts into your stay here and you've already shown yourself to be an idiot.

posted by  ChrisV

I've always wondered; What would happen if there was something like a 400 cube Inline-4? That would probably make some of the muscle crowd quiet down. But, then again, there'll always be ignorance in either crowd.

posted by  Godlaus

Well, teh Porsche 968 used a 3 liter I4 that put out quite a bit of power, and was very fast.

But, you know, anyone who tries to educate an uneducated opinion is just trying to hold down the little guy, right? it's all a battle of who knows more. God forbid someone who is completely wrong should ever be corrected with actual knowledge.

posted by  ChrisV

lol, oh wow, I was staring at my screen for a good 10 seconds before I realized what was going on. Wow, I needed that laugh.

posted by  Godlaus

dude this is hella rude. talken shit about I4 and all our little imports. dude you have no respect for others. All you can do is come out here and talk all big about how fast you can hit 1/4 mile with your 2000lb v8 and how you prefer metals than carbo fibers. Well guess what? I just call that not having any skill at all. I mean even the most stupid person can get into a v8 700HP car and drag MOST cars with an I4 on the street. All you have to have is money. You are just probably mad because when it comes to same horse power (Inline 4 with 450HP VS V6 with 450HP) we can hella take you out. I mean if you really think you have any skills at all, why don't you take your 4000lb-5000lb metal junck to a drift track and drift with it and see if you can actually make one drift. Untill then :fu: About that carbon fiber thing, most cars now come with them cuase their cool and light. NASCAR have them, GT race cars have them, Formulas have them, can you beat them??? Didn't think so. Beside i prefer a nice Skyline GTR with nice carbon fiber body kit than an old peice of junk from the 70's and try to put some ugly paint on it, like purple. but shit like that are too expensive for people like you and me. Don't get me wrong, i like v6,v8,I6,and all those other big engines, i just hate people who look down on my inline 4 engine that can take out v6 and v8 w/out NOS (even though, the car is built to drift). And for steve+_o who "said bitches drive I4," dude why don't you go and drive a BUS power by a v12 and see if you can out run my I4, BITCH.

posted by  TiCKD

I guess this is what you call fighting stupidity with stupidity. Good job moron.

posted by  vwhobo

You should really try Decaf. I have a "4 Banger" that can beat some Mustangs. So don't tell me that 4 cylinders suck becuase you will get your ass handed to you by one if your not careful. :banghead:

posted by  GrandAmFreak

cosworth built a nice I4, in the "b" rally division, thats about the only motor i would vouch for :thumbs:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Interesting that yo'd know about teh Coswrth and not "vouch" for these:

http://www.968.net/pressroom/images/excellence_199906_01.jpg

Porsche's turbo 4s are damn fast, and not even rare rallye cars.

Of course, there are a load of 10-12 second drag bugs running around

http://www.gregsvw.com/images/86444708med.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

400 cubes may be pushing the barriers a bit and who cares what big displacement diehards think anyway.

posted by  Wally

Nice, haven't read up on it much but im lovin it good post thx chris :thumbs: oh and an odd question but if anyone knows, you should know. how do i get my hands on the Coats new SRV technology, ive written numerous letters but the son of head honcho or head honcho himself keeps saying they are still only in the gas plant technology? i mean cmon, this would be revolutionary all i need now is for my 350 bottom end to hold about 14,000rpm :mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Henry Ford's first racecar (the only one that he drove personally) had a 540(ish) cubic inch horizontally opposed 2 (two total cylinders). Just for trivia's sake.

posted by  Bino

hey tickd your a f*ckin queer with a little dick. you say you I4 is so fast, and 450hp I4 can outrun a 450hp v6...well HP matters NOTHING on how a car performs. Its weight that matters. My dad has a little 2 cylinder puttin out about 86 hp, but all its pushin around is a 400lb harley that will smoke your gay cars ass. and if you wanna race you stupid 450hp ricegrinder agianst some real american muscle I have a 79 corvette stingray that will eat your f*cking lunch. why dont you get an I4 bus and i'll get a v 12 bus and we'll race see who'll win.

posted by  83transam

.... and the maturity levels just get higher in this thread. :doh:

posted by  windsonian

Do '79 Corvette Stingrays have a digestive tract?

posted by  Wally

Nah, he's just enviro-aware and he's had his vette modified to run off organic materials (sandwiches and such)

posted by  windsonian

ok thats funny

posted by  83transam

Stumbled Over This Message Board, Saw Some Crap Being Spewed About "rice Burners", Otherwise Known As "jap Crap". Registered Just To Say A Quick Few Words On The Subject.
If You Love Your Foreign Car, Then You Hate Our U.s. Brothers And Sisters That Need Jobs.
Don't Give Me Any Of That "it Was Built In The U.s." Crappola. When A Foreign Car Company Builds Cars Here, All The Profit Goes Back Overseas(great For Our Economy!!). They Build All Of Their Factories In "right To Work" States, So Not To Have To Pay A Fair Wage.
Those Who Drive Foreign Are The Same Who Thinks "time Out" Is Going To Teach Their Kids Something. Congrats, You're Raising The Next Drug Addict/rapist/murderer/general Smartass !!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by  AMERICAN

Bzztt....Wrong answer. Countries can only make so much of a certain product, so they trade with other countries to make sure we get an even amount of every product. That's why we trade. Besides, If toyota makes a better economy car than any american economy car than why should I buy american? The door swings both ways, by the way, there are our car models in other countries.

So, by your logic, by my buying a toyota camry, I'm raising the "Next Drug Addict/rapist/murderer/general Smartass !!!!!!!!!!!!". Brilliant.

Here's another comparo for you: By buying oil, you're buying from saudi arabia, and other third world countries that house terrorists. Therefore, by filling up your american car, you're supporting terrorism. Thy logic is twisted.

posted by  Godlaus

wow.........

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Idiot :laughing:

posted by  SubaruCorsi

I really hope you come back and try and defend this absolutely moronic post. You're an idiot without even a shred of a clue. You want to take on anyone, take on me (and I've OWNED, and still do, a large number of American vehicles).

c'mon. I dare you to show you have a brain cell that works (and knock of the capitalization of every word, retard).

But, before you do, let's respond to a couple parts of your post: when you buy ANY car, most of the money goes into paying for the jobs of the people that built it, the materials that were used, and the salaries of the people working for the company. Then the money goes into the power the plant uses, teh property taxes of the land the facilities are on, contractors that repair teh systems in teh buildings (from plumbing to electrical systems). and teh contractors that supply things as small as the toilet paper teh employees use. Then the employees money goes into local property taxes, food, clothing schools, etc. The PROFITS go into R&D, development of new models, development of new facilities, and then into the exactutive's pockets (where they spend it on vacations, food, housing, etc).

Now, ALL companies are global. Meaning profits from say, buying a Ford Explorer went into BUYING Range Rover, so that money went where? England. THOSE profits didn't stay here. Other profits go into developing a new Volvo or Jaguar, and in improving those facilities. Many American Fords were built in Canada and Mexico , so the costs of the car went into the infrastructure in those countries. GM does the same.

most dollars in a Toyota go to workers in the US, US property taxes for the facilites, US utility companies that provide power, water, etc to those factories, contractors that do repairs to those facilites, etc. The workers ther put money into the local economies. And the R&D is done at facilities worldwide including in the US, sending more money into our economy. the PROFITS go into not just developing new cars but into expanding factories and offices in the US, putting even MORE money into the US economy. yes, some smal portion of the profits do go the japanese executives (as well as the American executives at Toyota).

But I'm really glad you're more concerned about the American executive's villa in the south of France than the Japanese executive's condo in Vail, Colorado... Really patriotic of you.

Bottom line? More dollars from the sale of a Camry goes into the US economy than from the sale of a Ford or GM car built in Canada or Mexico.

posted by  ChrisV

I think you might be wasting your breath

posted by  windsonian

Well...I wont ever like em as much as V8s (they just dont have that sound you know?) But, some of them do haul ass, and I too own a couple of 4 bangers, I plan on making a tuner car out of one of them, but I also own the badass Mustang pictured below!!!

posted by  FordFromHell351

I smell troll :wink2:

But you are right, the US empire is destined to be one of the shortest lived because it is running out of other war ravaged countries' labour and resources to plunder or carpet bag. You may also be unsettled to discover how many of your star spangled companies are actually controlled by foreign interests. Going to be difficult to buy back the farm in the future.

posted by  Wally

don't tell them that sort of stuff - you'll get them all in a huff before bedtime :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

Well, that's what we get for being the first superpower in history to NOT actually physically take over conquered countries. Instead, when we beat them, we give them money and labor assistance to rebuild and govern themselves, so they can economically take us over. And remember, those "war ravaged" countries were "war ravaged" before we ever got there. We as a nation have also given out more humanitarian aid in money and supplies than any other nation in history.

But yeah, go ahead and lay all the blame for everything on us. We should have let Japan have China and Australia back in the '40s, and let Germany have France and England. Should've let the Jews die out in Europe instead of helping build a nation for them. Should've let the Soviets take over the middle east. See how well all you people would have done then.

I think I've said this before, Wally. F*ck you.

posted by  ChrisV

Well thankyou very much :wink2: I guess occupying US troops in Japan, Korea, Phillipines, Germany, Iraq, etc isn't actually taking over a country? Maybe a police action :laughing: .

I don't know why you are agro at me for the US deploying an army to fight two worldwide menaces. I for one am very grateful someone in the '40s US government finally had the balls to commit and help the allies. I guess it got to the point where capitalists couldn't bleed anymore money from the Brits and Russians and someone realised more money could be made from the US treasury.

posted by  Wally

first, i motion for a "politics and world events" section for this site....

<--second, my avatar explains all.

posted by  Low Impedance

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8213

posted by  Godlaus

nice pic.

posted by  google.com

I don't know why we can't all get along...

Why the hell do these idiots care so damn much about insulting a person's choice of cars, whether it be a V8 powered muscle car or a 4 cylinder powered Japanese car? If you think that by posting your grand opinion you're going to change people's minds, think again. No one really gives a damn what you think, so if you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

These kinds of things really piss me off, and that bullshit about buying imported cars is going to raise the next Hitler or whatever crap just set me off...

posted by  hondaman

I totally agree with ya hondaman, sometimes 4 cylinders can match/beat a muscle car in tests with handling,acceleration,speed. Dodge SRT-4, Acura Integra Type-R, Toyota Celica GT-S, Nissan SE-R Spec V and many others :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

lol hitler drove a honda

posted by  72firebird

this thread has bn goin on 4 3 months plz kill it its jus becaomin a history class

posted by  hhsrastler92

In case most of you didnt know. Muscle cars where slow as shit. they used groos hp and not net. So that 426 wasnt making 425 hp at the crank with all the accesories turned on. And back then tire technology was nothing compared to what it is today. Thats why all those muscle cars had like 7 sec 0-60 times and a 14 second quarter mile it was just hard to get them to hook. I am by no means putting down muscle cars. I own one and i love it. People should remeber muscle cars for what they are a car that has an insane amount of torque and loves to melt tires.

posted by  Enthusiast

whatd you expect for them to run 0-60 in 5 with pizza cutters for wheels. there tires sucked back then and yea gross hp meaning at the crank. basicly suptract like 20-50 for that. my car stock can still beat any honda. put some of those pizza cutters on a wrx and see what it does. same thing. rubber just wasnt as advanced back then. but the thing is a 72 firebird with nothing new on it but tires can spank a honda.

posted by  72firebird

Depends on what kind of honda you have :wink2:

posted by  99integra

A muscle car could be just as fast as a modern car with the right mods. First, I'd slap on some radials...

posted by  TurboLag

Yes and if you spend the same on a modern car you will have the same gulf as before.

posted by  Wally

I believe the S2000 would like to have something to say about that. And it's big brother, the NSX.

posted by  Godlaus

oohh, and the Integra

posted by  99integra

I knew you would comment on that :wink2: :laughing:

posted by  TurboLag

Yah definetly the s2000 and NSX. I understand that when you said honda you where probably refering to all the civics and accords out there with just an intake and a fart can and their owners think there the fastest damn things in the world.

posted by  Enthusiast

it just read the entire thread and wanted to say to the hemi guys that fighting on the internet is like the special olympics, no matter who wins your both still retarded

posted by  airmanUSN

ive smoked s2000s. and i havent seen anyone in an nsx thats willing to go. most of them are older rich people. but even then nsx vs a 400 hp firebird thats about 200-300 pounds lighter than a stock 72 is. id like to try and see them keep up. that is untill a corner comes up :smoke: but then again my brothers old 68 mustang he had would have taken a nsx in the corners too.

posted by  72firebird

Ricers annoy me, but I think I have a differnet definition of "ricer"t that you guys. When I think ricer, I think of the little 4-banger Civic (or Eclipse, or Celica, or Focus, or...) complete with "areo" kit, fake hood scoops, rims, etc. that isn't actually fast.

P.S.-you guys are mean to each other

posted by  jedimario

i absolutely HATE this thread. hate it hate it hate it. i hope it soon gets forgotten. bye

posted by  carls47807

So all 4cyl engines suck? So that means the Evo sucks, the STi sucks, the SRT-4 sucks, the Eclipse GSX sucks...

Next time you say a 4cyl sucks, make sure your talking about a specific one, like Civic, Focus, etc...

posted by  nsupra27

He didnt say that at all. He was being specific. He said a 4-banger with aero kits, fake hood scoops, and rims. He never said all 4 cylinders suck. Read before you post. Don't just assume stuff. :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

The 190 hp elise sure as hell doesnt suck. But the ford probe does.

posted by  Enthusiast

The Probe GT doesn't, how bout you back up your statement

posted by  99integra

The more people hate Civics the more I want one.

posted by  fudge

the only reason the elise doesnt suck is its power to weight ratio. but like i was saying put 70s style pizza cutter wheels on a nsx and the same on my bird. and see how the nsx just gets lost in dust

posted by  72firebird

The ford probe was originally going to replace the mustang. NO bueno. a four banger front wheel drive car gonna replace a v8 rear wheel drive. Right there thats why i hate it.Now heres the facts
0-60 7.5 or 7.0 ( must be under 6.5 for me even to consider decent)
1/4 mile 16.0 seconds. (ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL must be under 15 for me)
10 inch discs (oh my god my 69 firebird has bigger discs than that)
164 hp ( haha must i explain)

http://www.alabamaprobes.org/alpoc7.htm

posted by  Enthusiast

Maybe you should look at one newer than 92 okay, then I will believe you have a good backed up statement

posted by  99integra

The 95 on that page did it in 7.5 and you have to run premium. If im paying for premium i better be runnin at least a 6 second 0-60 and that probe that was tested was a 93 smart guy.

posted by  Enthusiast

i have to agree with him. in general probes suck. id rather drive a pinto or a monza then a probe

posted by  72firebird

You have got to be kidding me, a pinto?

posted by  99integra

lol hell yea pintos are ppppu$$y magnets lol. i dunno about a pinto. but i just wouldnt drive a probe to begin with.

posted by  72firebird

Why, oh why is this topic still around?

Really, either extreme is wrong...

posted by  hondaman

:clap: :clap:
yep, but everyone's opinion is "right", and everyone else's "suck's ass", so it just keeps going. :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

shut up, noob!!!:cussing: :fu: :wink2:

:wink2: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Yeah stop being mean guys, what are you 12?

posted by  99integra

you suck too, teggy! :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Hey look its Dodger the biggest bully of them all :evil: . He's a bad influence on us 'good guys' :laughing: I wanna be JUST LIKE HIM :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

Retard, let me first say, its a V6 not a I4, and it runs STOCK 15.8. You think 164hp sucks? Have you ever heard of power-to-weight ratio, the damn thing only weights 2800 lbs.
Also the 0-60 time is wrong from what they say, because I ran my own 0-60 and got about 7.0 WITH misfire. And for the brakes, 10" brakes is not that bad you ****ing retard, they wernt going to put ****ing high performance brakes on a goddamn $22k car.
And your pissed because Ford was going to replace the Mustang with the Probe? It was when gas prices were high and they were thinking about making a more fuel efficient car that was a popular car, but people didnt want that so they decided to make the Mustang the same, with RWD V8 and then made the Probe seprate.

Let me also say, before you start talking shit about a car, learn something, for its time, the Probe was a very good car, back in the late 80s and early 90s most cars in or around its price range had about the same or even less HP.

posted by  nsupra27

why thank you! :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

Just because a car was better than the rest of the cars it came out with doesnt make it good, because if your beating out a bunch of "insanely crappy" cars then that could only make you "JUST CRAPPY". Yes ive heard of power to weight ratio and the probe doesnt have a very good one, 1 Hp for every 17.07lbs.

posted by  Enthusiast

errr yes it does!

posted by  fudge

Okay well lets use this as an example. A cavalier is better than a crappy neon. So the cavalier is awesome. NOOOO. Its like a stupid person beating a retarded person in a spelling bee. Is the stupid person smart because he beat a retarded person. Noo. :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  Enthusiast

But you said "better than the rest of the cars that it came out with" Not just one. The Cavalier is not better than the rest of the cars that it came out with, so your example is flawed.

posted by  hondaman

Do you still not understand. Just because a car is better than 1000 other cars it doesnt make it GOOD it makes it better than the others. But if the others are crap. What does that make it? BETTER THAN CRAP. OH big accomplishment

posted by  Enthusiast

So...if a car is better than all the rest it's still not good? I see a flaw in the logic somewhere...

posted by  hondaman

Unless of course you just don't like cars...in which case brings up the question of what you are doing here.

May I ask then, what car would you consider "good"?

posted by  hondaman

pintos :laughing:

posted by  72firebird

and rice! :hi:

posted by  dodger65

the pinto is a pure speed machine lol. when well equiped it can run 0-60 in a lightning quick 20 secconds lol (probably not true just a joke) but the 87 honda i drive as a commuter does 0-60 in like 20 secconds when i floor it. thats pretty sad but then again the honda get 30+ mile per gallon and my sweet bird gets almost 15 mpg

posted by  72firebird

i request that this thread be removed considering it's worthless properties.

and i am quite offended by the use of the term FAG. and Piss and Banger to be honest.

posted by  carls47807

that's quite a coincidence, b/c i'm offended by the use of the number "4" instead of "four"... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

Good thing it's a joke.. ;)

Turbo Joe Morgan's 2.3 turbo Pinto street car runs 10s for less than $6k total cost. And there are dozens of Pintos just like it. Of course, there are a ton of fast V8 Pintos, too, as a cheap, light RWD chassis makes for a pretty potent starting point. I know of one sub $2000 Pinto going together right now that uses a caddy 500 cid engine set back about a foot and Jaguar rear suspension...

http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Pinto/6-18/80.jpg

http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Pinto/4-30-05/Rear1.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

i never said they couldnt be fast. but the stock pintos with 4 and 6 cylinders where a joke. but dont think i dont know cause if my memory serves correct someone turned the drag race world upside down with his 327 monza. cant remember his name at this time though. the lighter cars like pintos and monzas didnt need big v8s to make em fast. 327s and 350s did the job great

posted by  72firebird

Calling a stock inexpensive economy car a joke simply because they aren't as fast as stock musclecars really kind of misses the point. They WOULD be a joke if they were advertised in stock for to BE as fast as muclecars. they woudl be a joke if people bought them and thought that they were fast in stock form. But the fact that the category exists wasn't a joke, and still isn't.

Any car with good potential isn't a joke, regardless of make or model.

I don't know. I find it rather intersting that people have to find reasons to hate on everything that isn't their absolute favorite product.

posted by  ChrisV

BTW because I'm from England and the Pinto(as a car) didn't make it over here, is the "Pinto" engine that Ford used on the Capris, Granadas etc (which was a 2litre SOHC) the same as the engine in the Pinto over at the States?

posted by  fudge

yup. Engineered in germany and built in Brazil for the Pintos, it's the same 2 liter SOHC. the first year Pintos actually were avaialble with the 1.6 liter kent engine from the earlier Capris, as well. That 2 liter was a good engine. I had a built one in my Pinto race car back in '80... (shown here with my sister "driving" back in '81)

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/1327130c.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

Thanks for clearing things up :thumbs:

And as for the Pinto being a joke, Cosworth developed this engine by putting a twin cam head, stronger internals and a turbocharger and put it into a Ford Sierra which blew away the competition in international touring cars.

posted by  fudge

i call it a joke cause just like my 87 honda you damn near get run over trying to get onto the freeway even with the gas floored. but theyre made as gas savers not ground pounders. i also call them a joke cause i think theyre butt ugly. but again thats my oppinion

posted by  72firebird

That's a wicked setup. I love that it looks like there will be real tires on the rear (seems like the kind of vehicle that you might see setup as pro-street... which I personally find repulsive)... I'd love to see some finished pics if you're able/willing.

posted by  Bino

ya what hell do u drive ass hole

posted by  MCougar05

Who are you talking to?

posted by  hondaman

Thats a pretty nice Pinto.

I miss the 80s :ohcrap:

Same here, rock on Pink Floyd :wink2:

posted by  99integra

From what I know, those pics are from last month. The car is progressing, and I can't wait to see it done, either. I was going to do something similar using a ford 460, as I can get them cheap and make 600 hp for under $1500 with one. In a sub 2500 lb car, that would be a blast. But of course, since this one's already in progress, it wouldn't be unique anymore unless I did it visually different.

Something like this:

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/602326b.jpg

here's another one that's cool...

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/762908a.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/762908b.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/762908c.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/762908d.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/762923c.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

I inherited my moms pinto when I was 15 and when I tried to open the door, the whole damn thing came off the hinges :banghead:. Not very well put together but still they are kind of cool, with a 350 small block

posted by  99integra

Personally the Vega Wagon is perfect for drag racing but that is off topic

posted by  99integra

No Pink Floyd for me thank you :laughing:

Ratt, Slayer, Judas Priest, Venom, Carcass, and Metallica \m/

Don't be dissin the Floyd, Judas Priest and Venom are the only ones I like. Metallica sounds the same in every single song :banghead:

posted by  99integra

You know what you could do, is buy one, then do a Dodge 440 conversion. I dont think Ive seen any yet with a MoPar powerplant under the hood. That 460 idea sounds cool. Ive seen those engine be bored and stroked out up in the 580ci range, and make over 1000hp n/a.

I just miss the chicks at the Ratt, Bon Jovi, and Motley Crue concerts :drool: Even if you didnt like Bon Jovi and Motley Crue, you could always go to see the babes :mrgreen:

You never said Bon Jovi and Motley Crue, I loved em. And you are right about the chicas :smoke:

posted by  99integra

What year Pinto is in those pics (the Silver/Grey one)? Pintos arent bad looking cars and by the sounds of it can have good performance.

posted by  car_crazy89

The grey one with the blue stripe is a '75. that's when they started putting the big bumpers on them (which I wouldn't use, myself. I like the small bumper cars).

posted by  ChrisV

YOU are just mad because ricers can now go faster than muscle cars so you do not hate 6 cylinder ricers like the 350z, g35, and so on? I have a modified japanese car with no wing at all no stupid ass bodykit and yes it is a 6cylinder with a turo exhaust that does mean that i am pushing boost

posted by  mx3_monster

speek english! good english! lol. and he may be mad cause ricers are faster than his car. but he probably doesnt have that nice of a car. plus id take a n/a v8 over a turbo 6 any day. they feel gutless compared to the v8. whats the point of hp if you dont have to torque to go with it. and again i know they can make torque. but a stock v8 has more torque than a moderatly modified 6 or 4 banger

posted by  72firebird

Oh? So a Porsche 911 Turbo feels gutless? Or a 959? And a stock V8 doesn't necessarily make more torque, it depends on the specific engine you are talking about.

posted by  hondaman

Can I ask you something? Which do you think has more torque a 500hp 57 chev or a 850hp GTR skyline?

posted by  GreekWarrior

:thumbs: exactly and people think that ricers are slow well a well modified toyota supra obviously twin turboed can beat a ferrari ezon on the track :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

And which COSTS more? I dont' know about you, but real people with real jobs have real budgets. A 500 hp domestic big block is a relatively cheap affair.

I'm tired of kids dragging ultra expensive, rare, complex race engines from Japan to "prove" that imports are as good or better. Throwing cubic dollars ata an engiine doesn't make it "better." It means you have a bigger budget. Otherwise, lets compare that GTR engine with the 750 hp normally aspirated streetable Chevy (1100 streetable hp on juice!) from Fast Times engine building company... An engine that still cost a fraction of what it takes to make a relatively streetable 850 hp Skyline engine...

The Japanese engines are great engines, but if you're going to compare, use real world examples, not expensive one offs...

posted by  ChrisV

A ricer is someone with a slow car using stickers, wing, and exhaust tip (and wrong badging) to pretend they have a fast car. An actually fast tuner car is not a ricer.

Oh, and well modified Supra? Let me ask you this.. What do a 450 hp, 650 hp, and a 950 hp Supra all have in common?

They run 11 second quarter miles. :thumbs:

(right alongside a 175 hp VW Bug...) :laughing:

posted by  ChrisV

yes actualy a porche 911 turbo feels gutless compared to the 05 c6 vette. doesnt mean it doesnt have a decent top end. but it feels gutless. it doesnt have that monster throw you in the seat torque. hm and whats the difference. 40gs worth of bull shit

posted by  72firebird

actualy they probably have about the same torque. theyd probably both be at about 500-600 flt lbs of torque. and again the difference is the chevy costed about 5 gs including the engine and the skyline cost about 30 gs. the thing is its cheaper and it doesnt take a huge turbo or excess hp to make decent torque. not to mention how many people anywhere in the usa have actual seen an 850 hp skyline on the street and not on the tv at a race track, or at a car show being shown off owned by some millionair. just about no one. the only skyline on the street ive seen is a mid 90s 4 door. and it wasnt even a turbo. so like chris said use a real world example. :fu:

posted by  72firebird

Ok first off you mentioned nothing about price in your original post. And have you actually driven both of these cars? I seriously doubt it, so there's no way you could possibly know what they both feel like. If that's not enough, perhaps these figures will stir a thought:

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo
444 bhp
457 lb-ft
190 mph top speed
0-60 in 3.9 seconds
1/4 mile in 11.9 seconds

2005 Corvette C6
400 bhp
400 lb-ft
185 mph top speed
0-60 in 4.2 seconds
1/4 mile in 12.7 seconds

I'd hardly call a car with 44 more horsepower and 57 lb-ft more torque gutless in comparison. I'm not saying the Corvette isn't an excellent car, IMO it's one of the best new sports car buys out there. But it's best to check your facts on things dude. And please don't reply with something having to do with price. You said only that a turbo 6 cylinder, moderately modified or not, could never produce as much torque as a good stock V8. No price.

posted by  hondaman

well again use a real world example not a porche 911. even still with an aftermarket tuner you can make the vette over 450 in hp and torque. and yes in fact i have driven a 911 just not the turbo model. but hmm lets se turbo vs n/a. 100gs - 50 gs. hondaman in a classic car section -pointless. but the point is that it takes a turbo or a super charger to get a 6 cylinder to pump out as much torque as a v8. and even then most the time it takes excess hp to make a decent torque number ( 850 hp with 600 flt lbs of torque etc.) and i know a i never said anything about price. but hey i made the statement so i can add anything whenever the hell i want so there :fu:. but i know this thread is really pointless. and its obvious why v8s have more torque than v6s and i6s. they have 2 more cylinders contributing to the turning effort of the engine. just like a stock v10 and a stock v8 of about the same cid. the v10 of course will have more torque. in the end its a balance of cylinders- too many and it sucks up gas and gets to be pointless. too less and it feels gutless suffers in top end power butll get you 30+ miles per gallon.

posted by  72firebird

plus im not 100% positive but im pretty sure the 911 weighs less and is smaller. all of these facts contribute to 1/4 mile times so 1/4 mile times dont mean shit. ie 175 hp vw will run 11's cause its low weight

posted by  72firebird

Earlier you said that wasn't possible. Oh and BTW, a brand new Corvette isn't exactly real world either.

The Porsche 911 Turbo is actually heavier than the Corvette, 1590 kg. vs. 1470 kg.

And no it doesn't take a supercharger. You want real world? Here you go.

2005 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, 4.6L V8
254 bhp
282 lb-ft torque.

2005 Nissan Pathfinder, 4.0L V6
270 bhp
291 lb-ft torque.

Seems to me it doesn't take a supercharger or turbo to produce as much torque.

Have a nice day. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

There's a certain amount of impudence comparing a Porsche to what is essentially a mass produced performance taxi. Both have their mass appeal and both have their downsides.

Even contemplating Toyota putting out a Rolla, for example, with a V8 defeats the purpose of the model is supposed to cater for. If you want to compare V8s then compare them i.e. compare Ford, General, Toyota, Audi, Mercedes, etc V8 models and see which ones gives better specific grades.

Just because some car enthuisists decide to take a shopping trolley and improve it's power output and handling doesn't mean anthing other than they are taking a shopping trolley and trying to improve it performance. Not everyone wants a V8 touring car, just ask the rally boys.

posted by  Wally

Would you make this trolley AWD? The handling on those castors couldn't be too good :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

less cylinders to feed, less gas use. thats what you want on a rally car

posted by  72firebird

if it has typical ugly rice shit on it, then it is rice whether its fast or not.

posted by  Oomba

name some "typical ugly rice shit".

bodykit?
so, would this be rice?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/windsonian/PHITP_15253.jpg

posted by  windsonian

Of course it is :laughing:, I'm kiddin, that looks pretty coo

posted by  99integra

A Porsche 911 IS a real world example. Im around them all day. Along with the people who buy them. Just like any other car they can be BOUGHT. What wouldnt be a real world example is him say something like a Bugatti Veyron, or yes, a Skyline.

Hahaha I was just trying to make a point that some people think the chev would have more torque because it has a bigger engine but that ofcourse is wrong, the chev produces usable torque earlier in the rev range however. Over all though the skyline would produce more torque, that was the point I was trying to make which didn't include cost.

But I value your input ChrisV. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

:smoke: :rock:

take ur mind off this never-ending argument and listen to my band. :hi:

posted by  mustangmann

The guitars okay but you seriously suck

posted by  99integra

agreed..sry! :ohcrap:

posted by  elchango36

the skyline would produce like no more than 75 more flt lbs of tourque than the chevy but it has to make 200+ more hp than the chevy to do it.

also porche is only a real world example if you work at the dealership. for someone that doesnt work at a porche dealer ship or doesnt live in a area with tons of rich white folks then the chances are youll only see 1 or 2 porches a week. out on the streets and not in dealerships floors. if you wanted to argue that way than i could say a ferarri enzo is a real world example... as long as i work at a dealership. in germany im sure there more common but over here the only porches that are common are the 80s porches that any jack off can buy for under 12 gs in decent condition.

posted by  72firebird

Oh no...I thought you were done...

Chances are unless you live with a bunch of rich "white"? :ticking: folks you won't see that many brand new C6s either...

And good job ignoring my post showing a new naturally aspirated V6 obviously real world creating more torque than another new naturally aspirated real world V8...

posted by  hondaman

whats wrong with ricer fags they have feelings to

posted by  halo master

posted by  Cliffy

mate, you've gotta be more open minded about motor vehicles, really.

posted by  HyundaGuy

headbanging music, eh? :thumbs: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

yea well you didnt campare n/a or was it the other guy whatever, your example was a turbo 911 against a n/a ls2. n/a vs n/a most 6 cylinders and below cant even touch a v8

posted by  72firebird

and also i dont live around a bunch of white folks and c6s and c5s arent very un common here

posted by  72firebird

No it wasn't!

Good for you! Have a cookie! :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

:orglaugh: ROFL

posted by  99integra

i love cookies! :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

http://www.boingboing.net/images/cookiemonster.jpg

posted by  fudge

I cant believe little kids like Sesame Street, the cookie monster actually looks kinda scary and a little hoped up on something :ohcrap: , maybe there 'special' cookies and he gets the munchies, therefore eating more 'special' cookies :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

The cookie monster was my favourite.

posted by  fudge

Haha he's got lazy eyes :orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

when i was little tike i had a dream about the cookie monster killing me with a gun. i hated him ever since, and clowns too. those are the two scariest things ever made. :clown:

posted by  enzo#2

Haha, my friend is afraid of clowns but we made him watch the Stephen King movie 'IT' :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

clowns are the most retarded scary things in the world. :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

They arent really scary so much as weird (ok, and kinda creepy). They can be funny though.

(scary, angry voice) "Down here you'll float" :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

i only like rodeo clowns because they get attacked by raging bulls. :mrgreen:

posted by  enzo#2

Haha, actually havent seen much of that. Havent really seen any clowns in person, just once or twice.

'Its all fun and games until somebody gets hurt, then its HILARIOUS' :orglaugh:

posted by  car_crazy89

i have a shirt that says that. :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

Haha, havent seen one of those. Got a shirt that says 'If you wanna have sex with me, just SMILE', got alot of smiles but no sex :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

lol :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

I had a nightmare about 'IT' last night :banghead: .

Can't believe it's been 10 years since I saw that film...

posted by  fudge

Haha thats weird. I thought it was kind of a weird movie and a little long, not really scary lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

I know and it freaked me out this morning when i saw you lot going on about that film.

posted by  fudge

I heard on the radio that the cookie monster isn't allowed to eat cookies anymore. Apparantly too many moms with overweight kids complained saying he was a bad influence. Now he has to eat "healthy food"... Is this what our country is coming to!?

posted by  TurboLag

That is friggin hilarious if its true, (mutters* damn puppets and their influences *)

Like look at this, what kind of influence is this: :laughing:
http://www.tommcmahon.net/images/sesame.jpg

posted by  car_crazy89

That's rather frightening

posted by  TurboLag

Then theres stuff like:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/31500/31906kemu_w.jpg
http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:sHTfgjVI81IJ:www.computing.dcu.ie/comp utety/2005/jfree-cty/barney.gif

posted by  car_crazy89

thats funny stuff

posted by  dsmracersv98

For all who missed the smack-off, full version

War 7.86 second Integras, 2,350Hp Supra's- Honda 4 doors-Cloth interior's-
NOS with a turbo and a 1.2L go-ped engine. white rice, dog shish-ka-bobs-carbon fiber- plastic wings- Type R red stickers- egg rolls you do rike egg rolls no? me ruv egg roll long time. Civics with bondo- 14 inch rims- inline -4 cylinder lawnmower engines, Jackie Chan movies and telling someone who has a better ride there 12. thinking i'm a 12 year old with a mid life crisis, making up your mind, straw triangle hats, standing knee deep in a rice swamp, handing out little packets of black,orange or yellow sauce. Free delivery by a Bruce Lee rook-a-rike in a 1983 Toyota Corolla, firecrackers, getting your rottery numbers from a stale cookie so you can split the winnings with 6 other food stamp collectors and try to get a hot ride. Good ruck -you can't smack rike me-OUT

posted by  C4Power

You are an idiot, not just any idiot but a COMPLETE idiot. Why are you even here? As you can tell you arent liked, you arent wanted, and your to immature to contribute to anything so why not leave and save yourself the embarrassment.

posted by  car_crazy89

we tried to tell him that in the asian forum be he doesn't listen. Don't get him started or he'll just post the same "smack" 12 more times

posted by  airmanUSN

Mr. Rogers was a military sniper with i think 6 confirmed kills and he had a show on PBS! or thats the rumor.
http://x12.homestead.com/files/mr-rogers.jpg

posted by  airmanUSN

Dude, in order to have handed out a smack-off, you would have had to not come across like an insecure twit. You failed on all counts.

posted by  ChrisV

Fags smack, real men punch.

posted by  fudge

fudge packer-CLASSIC

posted by  C4Power

*tumbleweed*

posted by  fudge

Your Message