1964 dodge

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  1964 dodge

i have a 1964 dodge dart :fu: (i know it sucks but its my first car) that wants a street rod/resto look
need ideas so post some

thanks

posted by  darthopeful

you gotta Dart and you think that sucks for some reason?
i'm sorry that you've got no clue

what do you want from this car? what engine do you have? what is your budget? will you even come back to answer these questions? will you ever post again on this board?

posted by  asa67_stang

wait
seriously, Maltese mirrors
are you talking about these? (http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/I31201.gif)

posted by  asa67_stang

Please keep it classic looking. I think a classic Dart would be very nice and would certainly turn heads more than "hot roddin'" it.
http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/dodge-dart/images/dodge-dart-1962a. jpg

A 1962, but look how nice it can look as a classic! Now that's a sweet ride!! IMHO. :thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Not trying to be a penis but... The pic that Bav has is of a '61-'62 Dart, at that time it was a mid-sized car. Starting in '63 it became a compact like this, which in my opinion is a good and worthy car to restore or restify. Think about how much fun it would be with a small block shoving it around.

1964 Dodge Dart GT
http://www.dodgedart.org/cars/64gt4.jpg

While we're on the subject of '64 Darts, and songs in other threads, try this on for size;

Written by Bickley Powell (copywritten 1989)

Well the Repo Man caught me at home the other day,
And proceeded to drive my car payments away.
At first I kinda felt like a dumbass,
But now I'm feelin more like smart,
'Cause for less than what one of my car payments was,
I got my own '64 Dodge Dart!
Chorus: It's got a push button automatic,
No radio to give me no static,
It doesn't have all the features of a new Cadillac,
But it gets me down the road and back.

Well some babies have stood in the front seat,
I can tell by the way it's worn out.
And there are rumors that others were made in the back seat,
And of this I have no doubt!
It was owned by some old folks, and later by young folks,
And a lady who could not see,
I'm not trying to be hateful, I'm just mighty grateful,
That now it belongs to me.

Chorus

Twenty-five years ago they built my car.
I bet they never even dreamed it would go so far!
A quarter of a century ago,
All those workers went to work in the snow,
And now they're all dead, or else they're out bowling,
And my car keeps on rolling.

Chorus

posted by  vwhobo

I guess I'll have to answer these questions for him....

1. I want it to be cool and go fast

2. What sizes where there to this car that I "own" and to which I know jack-sh*t about?

3. my budget is whatever the hell I make

4. no

5. no

posted by  Satty101

That is a cool Dart, vwhobo!!! While it hints at hot roddin', it is in classic and tasteful style, IMHO.

I did, btw, recognize my posted pic as a '62. No harm, no foul... :laughing:

posted by  BavarianWheels

hey heres my awnsers to those five questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa67_stang
you gotta Dart and you think that sucks for some reason?
i'm sorry that you've got no clue

what do you want from this car? what engine do you have? what is your budget? will you even come back to answer these questions? will you ever post again on this board?

I guess I'll have to answer these questions for him....

1. I want it to be cool and go fast

2. What sizes where there to this car that I "own" and to which I know jack-sh*t about?

3. my budget is whatever the hell I make

4. no

5. no

fisrt off sorry for dissappering but i ran out of cash and bye bye internet

1 i want to restore this thing as if it was built in 70 (white walls and built up engine with old skool parts)
2 this is why it sucked the origanl 225 slant was so badly rusted it had no compression so i swapped a 1983 D-100 225 \6 in
3 not much till summer
4 yes
5yes

and the reason i did not know much is i still hadent torn into till about november of 04 i had trqanspertation and no money so i didnot care too much about the dodge but now that i have time shes my toy

posted by  1964dodgedartgt

:smoke:
ok well i was visiting the girl im seeing right now and i see this hot old classic car outside.. i was like wats that car doing she was like im letting the junk yard take that car for free and trash.. i was like wow no your not im getting that towed tommorrow morning.. so i got it towed to my mechanic i know.. all it needed was a new battery at the moment.. after i put the battery in it started chocking.. it hasnt been started for like 7 months so took a while to start there with the help of some carburtator spray.. well it started up i was so happy and took out of there right away.. everyone at the shop offered me good deals for the car. i felt bad for my friend because damn shes stupid.. this is the thing i just rebuilt the carbartor and its running pretty good now. Got it some new spark plug and wires too. i think its a 325 engine block, with a redid manifold because it use to be a single barrel but who ever had the car before redid to a double.. its in great condition still has the lights working, dash board clean with all push ins.. am radio crazy shit still working just needs a new paint. Im really new to these cars but what kind of exhaust should i get? should i get real good plugs and wires for it?

posted by  shamhC

shamc i hate you i hate you io hate you what you may have is the 225 "super" slant six its actually a pretty rare option and congrats btw on the car

posted by  1964dodgedartgt

holy cow! you're up to TWO whole posts now! :clap: :rock: :thumbs:

so whazzup w/ YOUR dart? pics, etc?

posted by  dodger65

Your Message