Cars

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Cars

EDIT OUT
United States, Illinois
(1847)-xxx-xxxx
www.car-forums.com

posted by  ThinkRusty87

You mother f*cker, what the hell is your problem posting in every single goddamn section your damn website, has it ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe dickweeds like you aren't welcome here, goddamn :banghead:

posted by  99integra

No advertising. Damn, I havent even been here for 2 days and I know this shit. :banghead:

posted by  SlipKnoT

So long as the moderators don't delete these threads quickly the 'goons' will continue to post them. This is the only forum that I belong to where this kind of issues persists. Sort of like a day care center for kids. Mod's need to do more or start a forum for advertising only. :ohcrap:

posted by  fc7gtx

The good thing is that Bav and Satty can ban advertisers so at least another one will be gone

posted by  99integra

To moderate does not mean we live on the forum. If you think you can do better...start your own forum.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Who said anything about living on this forum, I don't much care about advertsing but with all the complaining you would think the mods would police more often. And talk about living on this forum look at your post count smart ass. :screwy:

posted by  fc7gtx

dude you a crusing for a ban. The mods/supermods/admins are not getting paid to do this, they could just walk away if they really wanted to. And if you look at his post count vs his join date, I'm sure it evens out quite a bit...

But if it makes any difference Bav, I'm grateful for you guys to be around.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Instead of just deleting this thread before anything started I get a comment like this:

If he had time to type a response to my comments, he had time to delete this thread in the first place.

posted by  fc7gtx

Cruisin for a ban? Gee thanks for the insite. I guess having a discussion with a mod and not agreeing with all that is said is illegal? I've seen alot worse talk and comments on this forum.

posted by  fc7gtx

I now see that all those advertising threads on all the other categories that the original poster of this thread started have been deleting. :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  fc7gtx

Ya...I did actually delete them and leave this one since you had an axe to grind...have you been satisfied? Can I have permission to delete or better yet...close this thread?

Axe to grind? My original post was to point out if all those threads and many other were deleted quickly then those that have the balls to continue to advertise might get the hint that it won't last long and any advertsing from them would be a waste of time. The guy that started this thread had all his threads viewed for many hours, thus he accomplished what he wanted, like many others that do the same thing. If advertising is that big an issue, the maybe you guys can either make a spot for it since this forum seems to attract advertsing or ignore it. As for your comments on me giving permission to delete this post, I will let those comments speak for themselves.

posted by  fc7gtx

You have lots of ideas...but no means of making them a reality.

You just don't seem to get it. A mod cannot be on 24hrs a day and catch every single infraction of the forum rules...none of which I made.

Some advertising is gonna seep through the cracks and mods will not catch everything. If you cannot handle that, then I suggest you go and find yourself another forum to patronize.

If you can handle having human mods, then, Welcome to CF! Where the mods are human.

I don't have a problem with being human and not being able to catch all the issues of this forum. But when you start throwing out your smart A** comments like above then my admiration for you is lost. None of my advise was directed at any mod in particular, just what would help solve the problem. If its not possible to solve all the issues then so be it, but your comments were directed at me. I didn't post an advertsiement, I voiced my opinion on why its happening. You like slamming a member with your comments, go for it but remember it goes both ways.

posted by  fc7gtx

Your comments were directed at mods...me being one of them. If you feel like you are being slammed...you are welcome to take it up with the owner of the forum.

Everything Bav has said has been the truth....you should post in my 'Why I joined CF' thread....on the opening post there's a statement about Vigilante members of the past....and how we are all greatfull that the 'anti-Mod' members seemed to have disappeared (or atleast I think most of us are gratefull!)....I was on here for 11hrs yesterday, through the night....now if that aint commitment, what is?....(I was at work by the way.....so dont call me a computer nerd lol) :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

To be honest i think there needs to be a couple more mods, this forum is getting pretty big and the current mods just cant keep up, they have a life and jobs. You'd need younger people (i say younger cause they usually dont work and are always here) to become mods but also keep the ones we have. Like i myself am usually here ALOT if i have no other plans and theres many others. Your all doing a good job and working hard.

posted by  car_crazy89

No offence to you, I'm sure you're a very competant person lol, but I just feel that if the Mods get too young it's be like.......I cant explain really lol........I spose like giving them too much to play with if ya understand. I know you probably mean student type age (16ish, which would more than likely be fine) but everybody has to work eventually!...

Also, if you're looking at younger members still, there's the little aspect of knowledge, dont get me wrong, you dont need loads of knowledge on cars in general, but you do need general knowlege and common sense. That's just my oppinion though.
:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

No i agree with you, i didnt mean me or people quite as young as me. I didnt even really mean younger, just someone whos here alot and have them only delete/close advertisements (too much power and little knowledge of how to use it isnt the best idea). But i guess even a few people who have been here awhile, so then you mods dont get blamed for as much of what goes on here, i just dont think its totally fair to all of you mods sometimes. Just my opinion thoug, cant explain too well lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

Not being liked when the rules are enforced is part of being a mod...regardless of numbers.

Your Message