The ultimate muscle.

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  The ultimate muscle.

I just watched the muscle car episode of Automaniac and on the show in theyre opinion the GTO was the best muscle car. I wanted to know from accual muscle ppl to see what they think. It doesnt matter what brand or company or if it was a concept or if it was a custom job. Like the custom camaros of the 60s (cant remember name and i think they were 68 camaros...not sure). In my opinion not being brand fanboy or anything ied have to say that the 1969 Chevy Camaro is the ultimate muscle car. Its got so many options and is a fast little car. If i can i want one but i know itll never happen considering that theyre going for 5 grand.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Well, in my opinion the best muscle car would be a toss up between the 1967 Ford Mustang GT-500, the 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro, the 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429, and the 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 426 Hemi.

posted by  SlipKnoT

this thread will probably start a flame war from alot of noobs with different oppinions refusing to accept someone else oppininon. but in my opinion id have to say the best muscle car you could get from a dealership was either a 69 yenko camaro or a 69 duece (which was a yenko nova). but there are alot of great muscle cars and the difference between all the best ones are mostly just manufacturer. and of course what they look like and all that. but performance wise they were all pretty similar and advantages/disadvantages came from driver error

posted by  72firebird

and i also thought a 70 challenger with a 440 six pack was one of the better cars especialy of the dodges. the 440 had alot more potential in it then its hemi counterpart. so did the dodge max wedge and any car they put it in. both way better then the hemi

posted by  72firebird

69 Charger with a 426? hemi

posted by  99integra

YEAH THATS THE CAMARO THE YENKO! i couldnt think of the name.

posted by  sandlercd_22

yea the yenko camaros pretty bad ass with those copo engines. i wouldnt mind getting a 69 to clone a yenko with a world products 427 small block but im not that rich. 69 camaros are the most saught after because there lower and have a wider stance. but if i had the 25 gs thats what id do is build a yenko clone. even the yenko dueces were insanely fast. either in 68 or 69 yenko but the copo 427 in the novas. but driving it was just insane with those pizza cutter wheels. so the next year he down graded to a 350 which wasnt so scary to drive but still insanely fast. all of yenkos cars camed stripped down with almost no accesories. besides what little accesories he added.

posted by  72firebird

The Yenko Camaro sucks ass
Just kidding :laughing:

posted by  99integra

It just sucks 69 camaros are going for 5 grand like you said. the worst part is though 5 grand buys you a rusted pos with no running gear in most cases. pretty soon its gonna be cheaper to build them then to buy an old one. it only costs 10gs for a new 69 camaro unibody. and that has no rust :laughing:

posted by  72firebird

lol oh yea. the yenkos camaros worse enemy was the pinto :laughing: nothing could beat a speed demon like the pinto

posted by  72firebird

Or the Gremlin, don't forget them :laughing:

posted by  99integra

lol too funny. and lets not forget the mavericks

posted by  72firebird

cant forget the Pacer

posted by  sandlercd_22

Hey man, the Gremlin with a 304 V8, those werent too bad lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

You mentioned the Yenko Camaro and the Yenko Nova but what about the Yenko Chevelles or Yenko Corvairs?

posted by  car_crazy89

69 Charger is the sexx

posted by  Oomba

Damn right lol, i think i could get along with you (sometimes) :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

What's wrong with the Maverick??? Get a Grabber Green with a 302, and you got some ponies to deal with :thumbs:.

posted by  68 Coop

Your Message