Converting to duel exhaust

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Converting to duel exhaust

I was wondering how long and how much work n money would it take to convert my single exhaust into duel exhaust shooting strait out the back with big throaty pipes that blow doors off other cars. This is the part where my G/F calls me a f***ing guy for wanting loud pipes.

posted by  sandlercd_22

You ARE talking about a v8, right??? I have around 500 in my exhaust, not counting the Headers. You can get decent ceramic coated ones now for around 100 bucks, so anywhere from 600 to 1k, depending on how you want to go.

posted by  68 Coop

307 V8 chevy small block 2 berrel carb with a turbo transmition

posted by  sandlercd_22

Hmmm, I would guess you could check with Jegs or Summit Racing (or any of the sponsers here), but like I said, the price is how much you are willing to spend.

posted by  68 Coop

Right now my budget is around 120-150$ every 2 weeks from my job at mcdonalds. Not exactly a big spender. So far the most ive spent is around 250$ for the new tranny and installation.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Check with a co called Flowtech, they have the Headers I am talking about. Then in a couple weeks, go with dual exhaust, they are not too much.

posted by  68 Coop

The shop that installs our exhaust can put on a set of duals from front to back for around $250 maybe a little more depent on muffler choice. shop around, usally cheaper to have it installed than buy the prebent pipe...here's a link to pics of duals we had put on a 72 lemans.....

72 lemans - dual exhaust (http://www.corbettsauto.com/1972_lemans-exhaust.htm)

posted by  corbett_auto

Thanks! that looks exactly what i want. I might need to take out about 2 checks from work but i think ill be able to get it soon.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Make SURE you go at least, 2.25", otherwise you will be limited to what you can do with the motor HP wise. 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 is the only 2 sizes that you can go with, and it work well. :thumbs:

posted by  68 Coop

Your Message