what car should i get

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  what car should i get

im looking to get my first car im 16 and have a little more then 7 grand(lots of hard work ) to spend and i was thinking on getting a 77-78 trans am or a 67-69 camaro .so which do you guys think i should get and which one gets better gas mileage.which one is funnier to drive let me know

posted by  shady69xxx

I say your full of shit. But thats me :thumbs: .

posted by  sandlercd_22

dude why would you get a good car like them for your first car your probably going to crash it anyways

posted by  minibuff

I say get something safer, slower, and something more reliable :2cents:

posted by  99integra

"Funnier to drive?" Sorry, I don't remember a giggle riot coming from the driver last time I rode in either of those cars.

posted by  hondaman

Wow, tough crowd!

Give the kid a break. He may not know much, but at least he's interested in cars.
As far as the original question goes; you'd be better off with the T/A because you'll get much more car for your money. $7,000.00 for a first gen camaro will get you a rusty rolling chassis (maybe).
However, depending on the climate where you live and the distances you have to travel, you may be better off with something newer with a smaller motor. If you're asking about gas mileage, neither of the cars you mentioned are a good choice.

Dave

posted by  DPelletier

It always has been :banghead:

posted by  99integra

A classic car you get for under $7k will be prone to break downs, especially if you are seeking a mainstream ride like a 1st gen Camaro. So if your heart is set on a classic you may want to concider buying a small compact to get you around and spend the rest on a classic. This way you have something to run to the parts store in,..... :2cents:

posted by  corbett_auto

Get a civic or a eclipse. :laughing:

If you can get one for a good price then go for it. Just make sure it is in good running conidition. All older cars are prone to breaking down more often and parts are harder and more expensive to find. So if you do find one that does run well and such be prepared to fork at least a few more grand into it atleast.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

harder and more expensive to find? maybe if he gets a car that had a rare engine. there are TONS of parts out there for SBC cars, and for cheap. the worst part about buying one of those cars is finding body pieces, and even then there is an aftermarket for them.

posted by  glagon1979

I baught my 1973 Nova for 400$ and it isnt proned to break down at all. I just started it dead cold in 40 degree cold this morning, no problem. I guess im lucky.

posted by  sandlercd_22

i got my 78 for two hundred bucks, out here in chicago. the guy really did a job on it. dummy had everything backwards when he tried fixing it, if thats what you wanna call it. have it six months now never broke down (florida from chicago) next trip... texas.

posted by  firedrewski03

Your Message