mustang lovers here

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  mustang lovers here

Mustang lovers, what do you think about the new 06 GT or V6, which is better for the money :2cents:

posted by  rstifle3000

I love both of them. Were I not building an addition on the house and gathering parts for my '63 Comet project, I'd have a GT right now. But even the V6s are good deals, with all the benefits of the new, stiffer chassis, and as much power as the old 5.0 GTs had. The V6 is as quick in the quarter as the classic small block Mustangs, but gets better fuel mileage and is easier to insure.

posted by  ChrisV

I love the new ones. Brings back the retro look of the muscle cars in the 60's and 70's while combining modern aspects like better fuel economy.

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

I think they are sweet looking and that GM needs to bring something out like it. There was a new convertible one in the parking lot at school today, stood out easily (as the Mustang was bright yellow and all other cars around were silver,gray, white, beige). I'd like to have one, or even ride in one.

posted by  car_crazy89

I'd say the V6 is better for the money but I'd rather have the GT. Of course, I also like both. V6 is plenty quick and fairly economical as well, although the V8 doesn't do too shabbily in the fuel economy department either.

posted by  hondaman

Oh they are! A new camaro is supposed to come out in '09 I believe.
Here's the concept:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/tinytiger2800/camaroconceptyellow.jpg

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

I think they're pretty ok cars.

posted by  dontmatr

Well i have seen pics of that concept, but i don't know if i can believe they'll actually bring it out. Why wait that long when Ford is already getting great sales now. If GM brought out the Camaro, i think it'd be even better then the Mustang (i like the look mostly). I guess we can only hope.

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeah they are taking too long with it :doh:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

Does it strongly resemble a Mustang to anyone else? When I first saw it, I almost thought it was a photoshopped Cobra

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/images3/07cobra03.jpg

As for the Mustangs, I like the GT better :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

I would take the 5.0 anyday. I use to have one but I crashed it..That car was a friggin rocket! Right now I got a 86 camaro and a 86 Firebird..I just put a 350 in the Firebird and it is very quick now. Its a 5.6

posted by  MustangFan424

Your Message