Random Hot rod

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Random Hot rod

Ive noticed that alot of hot rods are very typical car types. Camaro Mustang Charger. very popular car types, all very cool thats why there still around.

However tonight I saw a guy with a 72 Hot rodded LTD with a dodge dart(undure of the year)

It was realy cool to see something get hot rodded other than your typical choices.

So I was wondering what are some other cool lesser known cars that would make very unique cars.
Thanks

posted by  Aondor

dodge coronets are pretty f'in cool... :thumbs: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Well in that case you could probably say Satellites and GTXs too :smoke:

posted by  car_crazy89

I know it may be weird to say but i like some of the older hearses. if i could buy one i would.

posted by  sandlercd_22

how about an early 80's fairlane. or a late 70's caprice

posted by  glagon1979

You're not alone. I used to want a '62 Caddy hearse to hot rod, and had a model of a '65 Caddy lowrider hearse...

http://members.aol.com/hearseq/grimrides.htm

http://members.aol.com/hearseq/nethearses.htm

http://www.geocities.com/grimrides/

http://sherwoodco.com/Galleries/JoesGallery/CustomCars/images/CadillacHears e.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

There was a hearse for sale like 20 min away from me on ebay and it went for 835$ and it ran and had up to date tags. But the thought of having a hearse in the yard creeped my mom out and she said she wouldnt help me pay for it :ohcrap: .

posted by  sandlercd_22

Too bad. My folks thought it was a cool idea.

Show her the one above, and this one...

http://www.hambly-funeral.com/Fantom.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

Yeh heres the accual auction,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=80165 73415&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1. i wanted it so bad and the fact that it was so close just made me antzy to buy it. my mom told me that if i could pay for it and insure it myself i could have it but sense im only 17 and work at mcdonalds its kinda hard. and plus i got 2 trucks and my own car to work on right now.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Same here, I couldn't have a hearse in front of my house...unless it was modified, like the pics from ChrisV :hi:...but a stock hearse would just scare the hell out of me at night :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

I wanted to put a couple couches and LED lights and put a coffin in the back full of speakers. Unoriginal, but cool.

posted by  sandlercd_22

That would be sweet, especially with the ladies :hi: :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Wow, most of my friends thought I was weird when I told them I wanted an old hearse (65' or older). They just had that cool look that was better then a Station wagon. I'd love to buy one someday (and my parents wouldn't care either.... I don't think).

posted by  car_crazy89

Of course they are. :wink2:

posted by  67Coronet383

Yeh they look cool.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Hearses are wicked looking when done right. Satelites & GTXs are awesome too, but not THAT uncommon...just finished welding in new sheet metal in the trunk of my buddy's '67 Satelite, needed to get rid of spare tire well and mount fuel cell in trunk. It's sick, dyno'ed 573hp on 115octane...will run on 94 plus octane booster and lead additives if the timing is retarded.

At any rate, me being a Ford Fox-platform fan, I would say that a '78-'80 Zephyr/Fairmont or even a fairmont wagon would be an awesome candidate for a hot rod...or better yet, a sleeper. These car share the Fox-mustang chassis with minimal differences. You could build a wicked high-boost 2.3 turbo motor and drop it in, or even go with a 351W based stroker. Either way, it's all bolt in stuff. BTW, I have seen a fox-chassis Fairmont wagon(a "woody" nonetheless) with a 460 transplant, yank the front tires 3" off the ground...that was just plain silly.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Cool enough for me to buy one someday!

posted by  Louhuayong

no frame a tin can on wheels.

posted by  scaramouch

stfu and advertise your boat some more, asshole... :fu:

dumbass newb... :banghead:

posted by  dodger65

Spoken like a true inbred neck,lets hear more mensa!

posted by  scaramouch

well, at least only my neck is inbred, huh, genius?

posted by  dodger65

man are you illiterate or what,start a new book,but remember to stay within the lines with your crayons

posted by  scaramouch

just go away, you e- :screwy: tard...

posted by  dodger65

l wish you
would but you but you know what they say about a bad smell and necks,they tend to linger.

posted by  scaramouch

wow... that actually made less than no sense... and try not to hit enter in the middle of an unintelligible sentence, because
it makes it harder to read... or at least have the common sense to go back and edit it...

posted by  dodger65

you can read!

posted by  scaramouch

yeah. i didn't mean to flaunt it in front of you, though... i'm sorry if i made you feel bad about your illiteracy.... but admitting you have a problem is the first step--good job!! :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

who wrote that for you.

posted by  scaramouch

you're gonna need a question mark at the end of that if it's going to be considered a question...

...and if it IS a question--I wrote it. us literate folks are silly like that... you'll see someday...

posted by  dodger65

i thought you would understand i will draw pictures if you need em.

posted by  scaramouch

yes, please draw me some pictures :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

would you understand them.

posted by  scaramouch

if you sharpen your crayon so you get good definition, i will... now draw 'em already!

posted by  dodger65

thanks for copping my crayon smack,

posted by  scaramouch

oh yeah... forgot you used that already... sry

how 'bout this...

well i hope you draw better than you type...

better? :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

you sure have a purdy mouth.

posted by  scaramouch

thanks, you sexy bitch, you...

posted by  dodger65

wanted to make you feel at homo.

posted by  scaramouch

What a jackass...this guy even stutters when he types. A word of advice to you, scaramouch, don't argue with a senior member...it'll just end up making you look bad...well too late for that I suppose.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

now that was good... subtle, yet biting--you're getting there! :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

didn't think you were up to it.

posted by  scaramouch

read the post dip weed.

posted by  scaramouch

yeah your sick.

posted by  scaramouch

i think you're confusing failure w/ apathy, here...

posted by  dodger65

i think you are confusing.

posted by  scaramouch

that's fine...

posted by  dodger65

fine if you are a loser.

posted by  scaramouch

that's weak. try harder...

posted by  dodger65

i bet you say to your boyfriend to.

posted by  scaramouch

This idiot's no more than 11-12 years old...I remember making insults like those :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

what are you 13 now sounds like it.

posted by  scaramouch

To your boyfriend? :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

keep going... i'm just waiting for you to completely devolve into gibberish...

(i.e. oh, yeah? well your momma is so fat ersaghdsfgkjnkjfbnzfdgdfjng :brain sapped so much from basic bodily functions that he loses the ability to communicate, therefore just pounds on keyboard, then collapses, drooling:)

posted by  dodger65

*gasp*...No!! Not until we broke up!! :laughing: JK

posted by  chris_knows

then you will be able to understand something.got to go, I got a life later, dweebs.

posted by  scaramouch

well, whatever it takes... :banghead:

posted by  dodger65

it will take alot first try tieing your shoes.Im out later dweebs.

posted by  scaramouch

alot?

do you mean tying my shoelaces?

i don't think i know anybody that ties their shoes. do you mean together? no wonder you fall down a lot!

posted by  dodger65

you know what shoes and shoelaces are.I got to go dweeb.

posted by  scaramouch

I thought you said you were leaving :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

you are such a tyro.

posted by  scaramouch

wtf is a tyro?

posted by  dodger65

forgot to dumb it down,novice.

posted by  scaramouch

Surprisingly it's in the dictionary...'A beginner in learning something'...I don't get it though...I clearly state that in my Avatar :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

pitiful isn't it.I really got to go.

posted by  scaramouch

nice obscure word... why are you quoting yourself, jackass?

and why would he be a tyro for asking you why you didn't leave like you said you were going to?

posted by  dodger65

poor thing.let me go.

posted by  scaramouch

w/e. just leave already...

posted by  dodger65

yeah its time to pull my boot out of your ass,which was surprisingly accomadating,how did that happen,OUT.War great white north!

posted by  scaramouch

do you mean accommodating, dictionary master? now i need to pull my boot out of your ass, which won't be hard, b/c i can't even touch the sides... OUT.(insert stupid random slogan here)!

posted by  dodger65

idiot savant one trick pony you choose your title.

posted by  scaramouch

that's right! i can, b/c i'm not a 35 post, flaming-ass newb! now go away.

btw, i chose idiot savant. thanks for the inspiration!

posted by  dodger65

what did I tell ya folks idiot.

posted by  scaramouch

folks? i don't know if you know this, but nobody's really listening... sorry to burst your bubble...

posted by  dodger65

idiot savant and one trick pony are one in the same mensa,nice choice.

posted by  scaramouch

nobody that would understand anyway,dolt.

posted by  scaramouch

Weren't you leaving a while back?

posted by  windsonian

not until you dragged your silly ass back to be kicked.

posted by  scaramouch

you mean "one and the same", you f*cking jackass...

...and they're not the same. a one-trick pony could theoretically be trained to perform different tasks, but is not... an idiot savant can most likely not be trained to perform any other skills besides the one that he is proficient at...

besides, you are the one-trick pony w/ the whole "mensa" thing... i'm just rebutting it....

are you planning on contributing anything to this forum, or are you just some jackoff that just joined to advertise his POS and flame people and have now pissed away your entire day trying to look intelligent...

posted by  dodger65

that was very immature of you dundumb er dundee.

posted by  scaramouch

bet you didn't know he was after your ass, eh, windy?

posted by  dodger65

there's that gibberish i was referring to...

posted by  dodger65

but i know you are one,dreg.

posted by  scaramouch

finally something you can understand,cur.

posted by  scaramouch

are you that stupid.

posted by  scaramouch

didn't you throw the first dart today,not my fault you don't have the cells to compete

posted by  scaramouch

You quoted yourself dumb@ss... So you threw the first dart? Must've hit you in the head :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

are you the cousin with eleven fingers

posted by  scaramouch

get someone to read the post to you again.

posted by  scaramouch

No...ten, the thumb isn't a finger :wink2:

http://www.thenewports.net/~jonathan/pics/12fingers.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

dragged it back ... that would imply that i was here before would it not?

posted by  windsonian

smelt like it.

posted by  scaramouch

good one, a sense levity.

posted by  scaramouch

good one,a sense of levity,are you sure about the thumbs though.

posted by  scaramouch

don't you mean thumbs count em you got two.ottawa.

posted by  scaramouch

You're an idiot...I said the thumb isn't a finger, and I meant the thumb is not a finger...that would mean the two thumbs are not two fingers...Grade 2 stuff here :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

meant and what you said are two different things kindergarden stuff.

posted by  scaramouch

:banghead: :banghead:
Why don't you get it...I'll put this in a way that you'll understand:

a thums no fingr, 2 thums no 2 fingrs

:banghead: :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

i don't get,philistine

posted by  scaramouch

You don't get it because youre an ignorant POS, spouting gibberish since your first post. Go away, little kid. Might as well, as you're going to be banned anyhow (if the supermods have any sense).

Funny how you talk about everyone else being inbred, illiterate, etc, yet you have yet to put together more than one actual, coherent sentence in a row this whole thread. You type like a retarded 10 year old.

posted by  ChrisV

the village idiot I presume.

posted by  scaramouch

Yes, you are.

Grow up, assclown.

posted by  ChrisV

don't you mean assfrown and your face.

posted by  scaramouch

i dont think we have seen ONE sign of intelligence from this fool.

posted by  glagon1979

would you recognize it ,dullard.

posted by  scaramouch

god, you are a funny one aren't you? :banghead:

posted by  glagon1979

that was funny to you,no shame.scaramouch has left the building talk,er mumble ,amongst yourselves.

posted by  scaramouch

It's quite apparent that you wouldn't recognize intelligence.

Don't let the door hit you TOO hard on your way out.

posted by  ChrisV

i think someone just bought a new insult thesaurus and is using it in lieu of actual creativity....

btw, you misspelled "Scaramouche".... too bad you didn't pick a user name that fits....

posted by  dodger65

anything that gives you comfort, dupe.

posted by  scaramouch

yes, "Dupe" would be a good username for you.... except you'd probably spell it "Dup"

posted by  dodger65

innately banal are you not.

posted by  scaramouch

are you really yoda? nah, i bet he could handle some question marks...

posted by  dodger65

trite is as trite does.

posted by  scaramouch

exactly, forrest. so get original, eh?

posted by  dodger65

redundant suits you.

posted by  scaramouch

boring suits you

posted by  dodger65

very lucid piker.

posted by  scaramouch

good night now

posted by  scaramouch

Call it a hunch, but I doubt you were serious :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

hi phil......istine

posted by  scaramouch

Canada Rules Eh!

posted by  scaramouch

Hi, Mr. Bates (sound it out :wink2: )...:screwy:

Great comeback there :wink2:

Just because nobody wants your Impala, you gotta start flaming everyone (and quite poorly might I add)...and give us your ex-boyfriends' names...have fun :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Very much so, Canada ruled your mom last night :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

like I said yesterday I didn't start the smack,check the posts,besides when have you winers had so much fun er,good company.

posted by  scaramouch

do we have to back down there and kick your ass again i.e.,1812

posted by  scaramouch

"Do we have to go back down theree, and kick your ass again"...I think you're confusing Canada with Mexico :wink2:

The War of 1812...what was the point of the war of 1812? If I'm not mistaken, it was for more land...did the United States gain any more land? No...they didn't did they :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

the point was to kick your ass,deed done.

posted by  scaramouch

mexico,don't they have history booklearning books down there.

posted by  scaramouch

I don't think you kicked our asses...According to history, both armies were equal, and there was no point in continuing the war...that's why the Treaty of Ghent was signed, on Christmas Eve, 1814 :wink2:

But why should you trust history? It's all written, with very little pictures :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

mexico,don't they have history booklearning books down there yet.

posted by  scaramouch

I've never been to Mexico, but I believe they have "booklearning books" there...Although, they would also have maps, and globes...which would show them that Canada is NORTH of the USA and Mexico is to the SOUTH...Dumbass

posted by  chris_knows

its only history if the yanks are raising the flag right,myopic.

posted by  scaramouch

I don't know exactly how to put this, but...I don't get it, so until you're banned, I'm not posting in this thread, have fun playing with yourself :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Does this thread have meaning...I'm not about to read all of it...??

posted by  BavarianWheels

No...Well it does, up until post 16/17 depending on how you look at it...Might as well delete it, or 90% of the posts...

posted by  chris_knows

nope, don't bother....

got a cool new title from it, tho... :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

newbie signing in yo.

posted by  burrny

...There's an introduce yourself section if that's what you're looking for :wink2:

But welcome to the forums :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

thanks for the heads up.

posted by  burrny

Does anyone have a problem with me deleting this thread? It seems useless and consumes space (for nothing apparently)

posted by  BavarianWheels

what if you delete the posts after 17 or whatever... this was an ok thread...

posted by  dodger65

Yes, this was a great thread until that post-whoring douche bag decided to ruin it by trying to raise his post count in the form of flaming and other incoherent insults.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Cant you just like ban him?

posted by  sandlercd_22

He already is...but we want those posts deleted because there is no need for them...just keeping the first page +1-2 posts of this thread...

posted by  chris_knows

Ah. I didnt look to see if he was. Just figured he gave up.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Getting back to the original idea behind this thread -- my ride is a 1978 Mustang II with a dual-quad, tunnel-rammed 5.0 H.O.

Weird enough? :smoke:

http://myspace-988.vo.llnwd.net/00231/88/96/231236988_l.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803178_12_ full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803178_34_ full.jpg

- Joey

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803178

posted by  LostYears

not that weird.... my friend has a 77 cobra II that i'll be putting a injected 302 in this summer...

posted by  dodger65

:thumbs: Cool. It oughta go like stink.

I love it when people say, "Those things were so slow," and I say, "Wanna race mine?"

For my next trick: a Hemi Gremlin. . ..

posted by  LostYears

That's a pretty sweet ride, but why not change the exhaust manifolds?...Kind off odd how it's all shiny, and then rusted out there, other than that :clap:

posted by  chris_knows

Kinda looks like the car from MAD MAX.

posted by  sandlercd_22

you are right, that is a bad ass ride, but there is one thing i have to correct you on. they are headers not manifolds. the reason they are rusty is probably because he couldn't afford a nice pair of $400 ceramic coated ones so he opted for a pair of painted ones. unfortunatly the painted ones rust no matter what kind of paint you use :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

My bad, got confused there :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Can't locate a repair manual for a '66 caprice can anyone help?

posted by  beth'66caprice

When you decide to correct someone, always make sure your correction is correct. Apparently unbeknownst to you, headers ARE exhaust manifolds. Tubular steel (generally speaking) instead of cast iron (again, generally speaking), but exhaust manifolds none the less.

Before you come back with an indignant response, go determine how to use a dictionary and look up manifold. As you were.

posted by  vwhobo

So I was right about something? :smoke::laughing:

BTW Welcome back :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

It had to happen eventually.:wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message