My car...please watch...please rate.

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  My car...please watch...please rate.

I finnally found a website that will host this short movie i made just before i had plan to go on a road trip. Please not that this car isnt a confined to a garage 24/7, this is my everyday car and runs like new and the odeometer has rolled over alot. please rate 1-10,http://www.youtube.com/?v=sdhFXy8hSdw

posted by  sandlercd_22

not bad. stickers aren't straight, but its a nice car. fix the body, and some fresh paint, voila, you got a bitchin 4 door. :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

Me and my stepdad are rebuilding a 350 small block thats in a 1982 Chevy silverado right now (converted from deasel) and adding a 4 berral carb and intake (alluminum edelbrock) with crome valve covers and crome breather. When this is finished were dropping it in my car, wich i will take to the high school races at the drag strip.

posted by  sandlercd_22

I don't believe you're in high school.

posted by  Bino

Why do you say that?

posted by  vwhobo

Im 17. And i work at mcdonalds...why wouldnt i be in high school? do i seem to young or to old?

posted by  sandlercd_22

I think it's a nice car, Congrats :thumbs:

And I think Bino says that because you seem too young to have such a car...

posted by  chris_knows

Ive always been around old cars. My stepdad used to do stock-car racing in nebraska and i always loved em the day he started whippin around the track in his malibu. I also got a 62 chevy II (2) and 2 chevy silverados (82-78). Im currently saving for a Nova 2 dr floor shifter at the salvage yard down the street.

posted by  sandlercd_22

crome
berral
alluminum
finnally
odeometer
deasel

chrome
barrel
aluminum
finally
odometer
Diesel

posted by  Bino

You mean every kid in school gets perfect marks in writing and reading? Most of the jocks and gearhads I knew in school woudn't have spelled any better.

posted by  ChrisV

Oh, you mean that. It's alright, in another thread he told me it's because he types fast. I believe him, don't you?

posted by  vwhobo

Not a bad car, looks pretty good, even for a 4 door muscle car.

I like the sounds of the Chevy II and also the 78' Silverado. What's been done with either of these? lol. Right now I have plans for my 79' Silverado, but first on the list is a parts truck :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

"4 door muscle car". Think about that phrase, especially when applied to a Nova. Then go look up the accepted definition of muscle car. You might be able to streth it to include 4-doors, but not Novas. They're too small.

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry, got mixed up there, won't deny it I was mistaken. Thanks for pointing that out :doh: . Would a Nova be considered a 'Pony Car' or type of one then?

posted by  car_crazy89

I think if it was a 2 door it would be a pony car. Now all i need is a 350 and a 4 barrel carb and intake and get a new rear end so that both tires spin. i have a 350 in my 84 silverado and my 78. Both truck came from a police auction and the 84 was a stolen/recovery and the 78 was a repo. the 78 runs but aparently it has water in the motor and the radiator is empty. It takes some chuggin to get it goin and when it does it shoots out white smoke wich is why i assume water is in the motor somwhere. the 84 was said to run but sense it was stolen the steering is all torn apart and the ignition rod is accually bent out of it to where i can pull it up like u were to turn the key. i might take some pictures of all my projects and post them later if yall are interested.

posted by  sandlercd_22

I think that'd be kinda cool. Everyone should post pics of there projects if they have any (I already have with my crappy Silverado... which btw hasn't made any progress yet till maybe after xmas).

posted by  car_crazy89

on the 84 if your going to junk it after you pull the motor, go down to the starter, and cut the wire on the solinoid, cut it and splice a wire from it over to where your battery is located(cant remeber its color). next go over to the coil on the dist. should be on the left underside theres a small clip, i know its a light pink/purple and cut it and splice a wire from it over to the battery. now hold the coil wire on the batttery. that gives you power to the coil to fire the plugs. now touch the starter wire on the battery which turns the motor over and it should fire right up and remove the starter wire immediately. when you want to kill the engine just remove the coil wire. MAKE SURE THE TRUCK IS OUT OF GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR IF YOU CANT MAKE SURE ITS OUT DROP THE DRIVESHAFT :thumbs:

posted by  adamc44

One problem is that sense i cant use keys on it because the whole ignition is gone i cant bypass the steering wheel lock. I have no idea how.

posted by  sandlercd_22

you wont even need to, this is hot wiring it. your totally bypassing the switch and just running wires directly from the battery to the starter and off the coil. no swith what so ever involved. just minus the toggle swithces and push buttons below, you just hold the coil wire on the positive and touch the starter wire on the positive, after she fires up remove the starter wire, and to kill the engine just remove the coil wire.

http://www.derbypro.com/wiringdiagram.gif

posted by  adamc44

hammer and screwdriver or chisel work well :laughing:

posted by  adamc44

Your Message