Just curious

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Just curious

I wanted to know roughly the value of a mint damn near never driven 1957 plymouth Belvedere would be worth today. The reason i ask is because here in Tulsa theres one thats been buried under our county courthouse sense 1957 in a cement air tight box. They plan to dig it up in 07. I was just curious how much it would be worth.

posted by  sandlercd_22

A 2 door hardtop with the 300 hp engine would be worth about $30k, deduct for 4 doors or 2 door sedan, and increase it for the high performance version.

posted by  ChrisV

2dr,Hard top. Dont know about the engine. Green and white two toned.

posted by  sandlercd_22

I can not help but ask------------WHY? HOW? buried? Courthouse? HUH? :tard: :confused:

posted by  corbett_auto

http://www.buriedcar.com/ itll tell you all about it.

posted by  sandlercd_22

I saw the video, and I get dibs on the beer :laughing::drool:

I remember trying to make time capsules...too bad I'd dig them up the next day :oops::laughing:

No clue on the value though...

posted by  chris_knows

I dunno if ied want to drink a 50 year old beer.

posted by  sandlercd_22

It's just more fermented, and from what I know in history, filled with lead and asbestos :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

posted by  sandlercd_22

that's awesome! i'm going to have to make a journey there in '07, i think...

posted by  dodger65

I gotta see what that big thing looks like after 50 years of just sitting. you think the engine is seized up? I figured just sitting wouldnt hurt it.

posted by  sandlercd_22

I'm thinking an engine rebuild would be needed...hell, even after 3-4 months of not being used, my gas powered R/C car needs an engine rebuild...not sure if it would be the same for an actual car though...

Might at least need a push start :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Can only imagine a 100% original car, with 50 year old gas and everything.

Watch them dig it up and it either be gone or in really bad shape somehow (or the concrete enclosure collasped) :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

I thought i remember learning about flash floods in tulsa in the 80s. Hmmm ima cry if it comes up rotting away. that would be priceless though.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Your Message