new to classic cars (help!)

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  new to classic cars (help!)

Whats up everyone, im new to the forum. This place looked pretty cool compared to the rest, but i will get to the main point. After too many expensive repairs, im selling my car and have set my eyes on a classic car. However, I am almost totally clueless as to what to get. Im looking for anything from a mustang or firebird to an impala, between 1960 and 1980. Hoping to spend no more than 14K. It definately need to be something that can be tweaked around with though. I need a place to start in looking for something, so anything you could suggest would be great. Thanks

posted by  Wonda Bred

Suggestion: Introduce Yourself (the thread)

Edit: There's a specific thread titled as such...on the top of the index page...that's what I meant.

posted by  BavarianWheels

good call

posted by  Wonda Bred

:wink2:

posted by  BavarianWheels

With so many cars to choose from in so many different styles in so many different eras. . . you get the idea. You need to do some looking around on the net and maybe go to a couple of car shows and decide what type you are looking for. You might even just narrow it down to wanting an "A-Body" or wanting a specific manufacturer and year range but we need something a little less general because we are all partial to our own types of cars and asking an open-ended question like that will have everyone telling you that their type of car is the best when everyone knows that my 72 Cutlass 442 really is. :hi:
Next you need to look at what you are wanting as far as performance. You can get something that performs well but is not as desirable a body style for the same price as a beater from say the classic mopar beat. Basically, do you value style over performance?
My last note is that you are getting rid of your car because of too many repairs but you need to know that classics are like women. You can smack them around only so much before they start to get b*tchy and you have to give them some TLC. Be prepared for this. The repairs are going to be less expensive for the most part and the parts definately cheaper but there is a tradeoff on the maintenance standpoint as compared to a new car. I'm not trying to discourage you, just prepare you. :smoke:

posted by  72Cutlass442

Your Message