1974 Ford Fairlaine

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  1974 Ford Fairlaine

Hey everyone, i'm new here and need some advice on buying a car. A guy down the road is offering to sell it to me. It's and old ford fairlane, in pretty good condition with a few dent's here and their. It's running on a V8 and has new suspension. It looks reallly good as it is, but i'm sure i can turn it into a nice little muscle car soon.

It's my first car though and i don't know if i should buy it or not. My dad reckon's that it's a complete waste of money because 1. "These" kind of car's run on different fuel, 2. It will probaly cost alot in the long run just to get the repairs done because it's such and old car and 3. The insurance on it would be even more cash draining because it's and old car with hard parts to get.

But anyway, what do you guys think of a 74 Ford Fairlane in fairly good condition. Is it true about the petrol being different to any other car? Do you reckon it will need alot of repairs? Oh and i plan on getting a mechaninc to have a look at it befor i buy it. But yeah...what do you think?

Pic: [img=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/285/zoom8hf.th.jpg] (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zoom8hf.jpg)

posted by  Bk2FuT

Well seeing as it's Sunday night here and I have had a couple of Victoria Bitter tinnies after spending the day trying to figure out some bump steer calcs for my 1966 Falcon, I would have to say that if I was you I'd get a nice little Jap car like a Rolla, put up with being called a girl and save my money for real estate, or some other appreciating asset. Later on when you have a good income stream, by all means sink it into a money pit. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

that car looks like a great work in progress, check for rust around the frame! your dad is wrong, it doesnt matter how old the car is, to fix dents on that car would be the same if it was on a 2006 car, a dent is a dent. you obviously have the net, so use it, you can find parts for everything. it will be expensive but worth it. get a job besides school, save up, and restore. I say go for it!!! :thumbs:

posted by  import_tunerz

Your Message