1969 Thunderbird Rearend

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  1969 Thunderbird Rearend

I was wonderin if any of you all know much about the 9 3/8 thunderbird and lincon rearend of the late 60s and early 70s. Is it possible to get any gears other than the stock (i think 2 80s) gears. I was told that someone once made a few 4 11s for it, but have never found any. I would appreciate your help thanks!!

posted by  Youngstang

check summit or jegs. or even google it:thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

Summit and Jegs don't carry any parts for the 9 3/8, and i've tried a couple search engines but no luck, i just thought someone knew something firsthand about the gears or where to get some

posted by  Youngstang

im not 100 percent sure, but i seem to remeber someone sayin you cant get gears for them . ill double check though with some guys

posted by  adamc44

from what i have been told is they do not make gears for the ford 9 3/4 rear end however, you can take a ford 9" w/ gears and it will bolt up. prob have to check your axel splines to make sure you have the right set up.

posted by  adamc44

Yep i tried putting a 9 inch pumpkin in the 9 3/8 inch housing, granted it will fit but i had to drill the bolt up holes in the pumpkin out a little for the 9 3/8s housing blots to line up with the 9 inch pumpkin. But that kind of defeated my origional porpose of keeping the limited slip 9 3/8s carrier. I also wanted to keep the 9 3/8s carrier because i figure its even a little stronger than the 9 inch. Still don't know what to do but thanks for the help!!! :thumbs:

posted by  Youngstang

Your Message