Engine specs

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Engine specs

I have a 1969 350 small block ls1 engine, i'm trying to find out its specs, but i can't find any info on it with the search engines. can someone please give me the specs on it, or give me a reference to a site with it? Thx alot:laughing:

posted by  Speed Demon

You have a '69 LS1? Sure ya do. End of credibility.:doh:

posted by  vwhobo

mortec.com

posted by  adamc44

??? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

now im not positive it is, thats what the guy told me was in it, is there a way i can find out what it is (ie id numbers)?

posted by  Speed Demon

...You good sir, are a dumbass...if you can mistake a 1969 engine for a 1997+ engine...you're not making it through life :laughing::ticking:

posted by  chris_knows

How's this. I'm positive it's NOT a '69 LS1... Because the LS1 didn't appear until about '97 or '98. At best you probably have a Pontiac 350 and if he lied to you about the engine, which he obviously did, maybe a 307 Chevy are some other such crap. It looks like casting numbers are in order if you're not even sure if it's an SBC.

posted by  vwhobo

where abouts are they located on the engine?

posted by  Speed Demon

You tell me what kind of engine it is and I'll tell you where to look. There is no international standard for engine casting number placement, it varies by manufacturer, engine and production era. It's up to you to figure out the engine family by making a visual identification.

posted by  vwhobo

has the casting numbers of chevy heads and blocks.

heh its funny watching you tear ass on your post above:orglaugh: hobo in training possibly???.....:orglaugh:

posted by  adamc44

It gives me information on something called the "eenernet":laughing:: (It redirects me to this link lol)
http://www.swcp.com/swcp/

No, I'm not trying to be like hobo, I'm more cheerful, and well if I know vwhobo, which I don't, he's homeless :laughing:JP

I just figured if you couldn't tell the difference between an engine from 1969 and then another one made 28 years later...:screwy:

BTW did that whole "tearing ass" suit me?...I've been meaning to try something new, but didn't wanna look like a poser :laughing:jp

posted by  chris_knows

hmmm....must be something with your canadian servers...go figure...
http://www.mortec.com/

I just figured if you couldn't tell the difference between an engine from 1969 and then another one made 28 years later...:screwy:
good point

BTW did that whole "tearing ass" suit me?...I've been meaning to try something new, but didn't wanna look like a poser :laughing:jp

hah, yea i wouldnt make a habit of it, definately out of character....really messed w/ my head :laughing:

posted by  adamc44

Why are you even assuming that he has a Chevy engine in the car? The '73 came from the factory with a Pontiac mill. You're probably going to confuse him more than help him with that information.

posted by  vwhobo

i was going on the assumption that he has a chevy engine and that he knew where the casting numbers where so he could figure out what he has.
but, i shouldnt assume anything on car forums...lol AND i dont think at this point i could confuse him anymore than what he already is. :orglaugh:

i just posted that so chris_knows could hopefully use the link and get to the page to check it out.

posted by  adamc44

if its a chevy, the #s you need are on the back side of the block, behind the driver side head. you could also take a valve cover off and run the casting #s off them to see what you may possibly have. doing this IS NOT the way to find out what you have, but only to find out what you may possibly have. chevy sometimes used the same head on different engine's, and just about any SBC head will work on any SBC engine. for all you know you could have a MUT!

posted by  glagon1979

Thx for the help. I dont know much about cars and i dont rly know anything about motors thats why i was lied to but oh well gotta learn some way. thx:orglaugh:

posted by  Speed Demon

1969 chevy ls1 engenes make almost 400 hps and have four bolt bearings

posted by  AutoPro

didn't you read the whole post? as VWHOBO said

"I'm positive it's NOT a '69 LS1... Because the LS1 didn't appear until about '97 or '98"

NICE TRY:banghead:

posted by  glagon1979

ty, but why does everyone say it dont exist and you say it do? could you give a reference to a site with this info on it plz.

Edit: nvm

posted by  Speed Demon

never mind them ive worked on cars all my life

1969 ls1 has 400 hps and four bolt bearings

they were in corvetts and cop cars

396 cubic ins

posted by  AutoPro

the LS1 is a 3rd gen engine, not a first gen. i dare you to google it and prove me wrong!

posted by  glagon1979

i see why none gets any help at this place

there are to many people dumb about cars

thats ok ill fix that

chevy ls1 from 1969

400 hps

396 cubic ins

corvettes and police cars

450 torqe

400 transmision

posted by  AutoPro

You pleb! I've just read your latest input in the R&M section....And we know nothing about cars?.....do you wanna explain to me how the hell a misfire on a car can be traced back to a throttle cable or clutch cable? :cussing: :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

WOW, aside from the fact that you are a moron, the 396 was a big block and was not a LS1. the 396 was badged as a L78 in the 1969 nova with 375bhp. next time do a little research before you open your mouth.

wow, i feel like vwhobo.:thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

Now all you need to do is type......."Think, Type, Submit" lol

posted by  Cliffy

you guys nevermind ive been working on cars before you where born

you guys better learn something if you want to fix cars like me

posted by  AutoPro

i still dont see any proof. prove me wrong and i'll shut up.

"think, type, submit" is that better cliffy?

posted by  glagon1979

shut up dummy go fix your own car and blow it up

posted by  AutoPro

Yes, much better lol.....

posted by  Cliffy

oh i will. i've fixed many cars, as well as most of the people on this forum. you just don't want to admit you are wrong. the ls1 is a 5.7 small block, and was introduced in 1997 in the corvette. well heres a link, you figure the rest out.

http://www.idavette.net/hib/ls6/lsbk6review.htm

posted by  glagon1979

last i checked, the bearings didn't have bolts, the main caps do

posted by  glagon1979

honest to god, there are so many things wrong with this atatement that i dont even want to start correcting you, and you were fixing cars since before i was born?

posted by  nighthawk

[Quoting the whole thread]

ROFL. Fuel injected V8's were really the kings of the streets in the days of muscle.:laughing:

posted by  VG30DE

what does this have to do with any of this thread?

posted by  glagon1979

Your Message