Louder sounding car

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Louder sounding car

I'm getting a 68Tempest with a 350 (head work and a cam), but it doesn't really sound that great..It has dual exhaust, but to me it sounds like any other car when it starts. (Maybe I'm just use to hearing a 351 mustang all the time?) But I was wondering what you guys suggest about it. What do you guys think about glasspacks? At the other site I asked it looked like 50/50 between glasspacks and flowmaster exhaust, but none of them gave me a reason behind it. Have any of you had glasspacks? Tell me what you guys think, Thanks!

posted by  68Tempest

Use the search function. Glass packs have been discussed profusely around here, but I can sum them up in one sentence. Don't waste your money.

posted by  vwhobo

somewhere i read that glasspacks actually restrict exhaust flow. if you are looking for something cheap, go with a cheap turbo muffler. personally i like the sound of a flowmaster.

posted by  glagon1979

You read that right here, on this forum, typed by me. Hence the recommendation, use the search function. :wink2:

Did you get your wiring straight?

posted by  vwhobo

i played with it for a while on my lunch break yesterday but still no lights. i got the flasher to work for a second but lost it in the cofusion. i blew a tranny cooler line while adjusting the valves the other day. other than that i haven't played with it much. i'll let you know in a couple of hours. im gonna mess with it more on lunch today.

posted by  glagon1979

Had glasspacks on an old Ford i used to own. Sounded great, inexpensive. They do restrict the airflow some but very little. It's like stock manifolds or headers, unless you're crankin out some serious horsepower it really doesn't matter until you get up around 5500 RPM.

posted by  Lizard King 6B

Your Message