Seats and new/old seat covers

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Seats and new/old seat covers

Has anyone bought the seat covers that Thunderbird Headquarters or the "Bird Nest" sell to recover tbird seats. I need to re do the front seats in my TBird. There leather but I haven't found anyone that has used seats for a 62. The two companies listed above have vinyl covers that match the color, tecture and style as the original so they say.

I was wondering if anyone has seen them installed or knows where I may find used seats.

Mahalo!

posted by  booalou

No use using used seats. If they are from a 62 model car they will be in similar condition as yours.....I have used the pre-made seat covers on a few different models. They usually look ok, if you want them to look good, take them out of the car and bring them to a trim shop and have them recovered. They will take the cover off of your seat, use it as a pattern, and make a new cover out of any material you chose. And sometimes it is actually cheaper than buying the kit.

posted by  corbett_auto

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I will just need to find a trim shop here in Honolulu. As you can see I'm still a novice at this and the car still hasn't arrived yet from the East coast! A few more weeks to wait.

posted by  booalou

I've got really good seatcovers from name removed in the past.

They ship pretty much everywhere.

advertisement removed

posted by  antiguru

Your Message