how much

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  how much

66' or so mustang, and place a modern airbag into it...... i kno u will have to alter the ENTIRE dash.....i juz found out tht it can be doen, if anyone knows some sort of shop tht can do it. and possibly juz a guees on the price range.....

and plzzz dont ask why i need airbags....thnx

posted by  66' stang

probably anywhere between 1000 dollars and 10,000 dollars:2cents:
never really thought about it before

posted by  nighthawk

I bet you just read the new Hot Rod, where they put a 65 body down on top of a 03 Cobra....Very cool article.

Of course it can be done....But the expense of doing just that mod for the sake of air bags will be very high. I've been out of the collision repair game for way to many years to know the current prices of components, but it will not be cheap.

Basically you would need to find a donor vehicle (a late model Mustang) and get the steering column with the steering wheel/air bag in tact....then you will need the sensor that goes in the front of the car, and the brain that usually mounts under the seat. (I think thats all the stuff you need)......Swap out the steering column (the hardest part of the job), then mount the sensors, and wire it up.....Now if you want dual air bags...you'll need to swap out the whole dash.

Hope this helps....And despite your request....I am still dieing to know WHY?

posted by  corbett_auto

me too. unless your parents are filthy rich (or you for that matter) i think you are gonna have to give up on the whole '66 stang thing. save your money and buy a fox body that came with airbags. that way when you are older you can own what you want and not have to worry about what your parrents think.

posted by  glagon1979

From his other post.

posted by  Benson

hey nice siggy quote, almost as cool as mine, although mine's not car related at all :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Wait, I thought it was 14? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message