A lil Muscle car Trivia

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  A lil Muscle car Trivia

Its 6 in the morning, im studying (err trying :banghead: ) for a test I have today when I decided I needed some procrastination. I know i"ll surf the web.

Ok, so how bout a little trivia for kicks? I'll post first and others are welcome to post questions after. What does the Oldsmobile 442 derive its name from??

http://home.ripway.com/2004-3/84054/68442rf400x222.jpg

posted by  Voda48

4 barrel carb,4 speed manual tranny and dual exhaust.

posted by  lectroid

Ding Ding we have a winner

posted by  Voda48

hehe... that was quick... :clap:

posted by  Unfedfat

Im going to try and add something as far as trivia to this thread, hear it goes ( oh yes it is an easy weak ass question ) from 1974 or so up to 1980 The Corvette, having the 350 in it, what did it produce for HP roughly for the model above the base model ( there were 2 engine choices I think ) what was the lowest powered and the next and last level up for HP stock out of that 350

posted by  BrrEz2223

165 and up to 270,I think. not a very good era for the vette,IMO.

posted by  lectroid

No it wasn't a good era. Hopefully with the new C6 coming out, Vette will continue the American Muscle tradition. I know I want stock 400 hp!!! :rock:

posted by  Voda48

AAAAANNT! wrong haha, it was actually 195Hp and 220HP wich is purely pathetic especially for a Corvette, the famous 8 cyl fast fast street animal, that is rough, the 2004 Neon SRT-4 has been Dynoed at 223hp ahaha VS a Vette!

posted by  BrrEz2223

Yep, I was and you are too. 75-350'165hp. 80-350'230hp. The 270hp was for a 74 454ci :oops: :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

i got an easy one, for the pontiac GTO, what does the GTO stand for?

posted by  DaveyDave

gran turismo omologato, stolen from Ferrari.

posted by  lectroid

Ya, it was, but I forgive them! I love GTOs to death so why not.

Here is one, and i'm not quite sure of the answer myself. Saw an early 70s GTO that was driving down the street. It had the rear fin on the back but it was not a Judge. Is it true that only the Judge was to come with a spoiler on the back?? At least that is what I had thought.

posted by  Voda48

Well if you saw an early 70s goat, that is all you would have been able to see. :laughing: GM was sucessfull in killing one of the most loved muscle cars in 1974. As far as the spoiler thing, 69 was the first year the spoiler was an option and only with the Judge package. The spoiler was an option on the coupe from 70 to 72, I'm not sure about the 73-74, which I don't even consider to be true Goats,IMO. :wink2:

posted by  lectroid

Agree with you there! GTO died in 71.......... and is now resurrected from the dead, (it only took longer than 3 days :mrgreen: ) I still thought that you were only able to get the spoiler with the Judge. I must be wrong cause it was definatly not a Judge i saw on the street. The guy said he had just bought it too and didnt know much about the car. Thanks man

posted by  Voda48

BHP is for bragging rights, torque is what gets you moving (and fast)... :hi:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Your Message