1970 chevelle SS convert.

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  1970 chevelle SS convert.

How would i change the title legally to make my car a true chevelle SS convertible? Its an SS but the title says Malibu

posted by  jesspren6

i dont believe it possable because it never really was one in the first place

posted by  Andrew0261

if the title says its a malibu, its a malibu for the rest of its life. there really isnt a way to do it legally. also if it says malibu on the title its not a true SS, most likely its a clone.

posted by  glagon1979

Well its kinda weird, its not a clone. Its an ss but the ss never had the extra options the malibu had, like a/c and electric windows. So its a malibu with the ss package

posted by  jesspren6

Why would you want to change the title? The only reason to do so is for monetary gain, and if the car is truely an SS and you have the documentation to prove it....then you are ok. Any true collector is not going to pay the title much attention anyway, There are many other ways to determine the originality of the car. Tampering with the title may just throw up red flags on a potentially well optioned car.

Just my $0.02...

posted by  corbett_auto

Are you saying what's on the title is wrong, or you want it changed to what the car has been turned into? I'm confused.

posted by  67Coronet383

Although this thread is quite old now, I'll reply anyway, lol. The original poster wouldn't need to necessarily have to change the title, he'd just need to make it a very convincing clone. And that would be quite legal. Usually...:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message