Im 14 and need information

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Im 14 and need information

Hey my names i live in NY and I have an interest for cars. I have a little job and i want to start saving up for a car now I will be 15 in june.What would be a good starter car?I really like muscle cars and I need some info. about pricing and stuff like that.Thanks

posted by  RUSTYL

I would suggest that you introduce yourself in the relevent section, that way people will be far more willing to give you advice...and you didn't say your name lol :clap:

posted by  Cliffy

haha,oops my name is rusty and im 14 years old and i have an interest in cars..and where should i post to get my name out?

posted by  RUSTYL

To get your name out?.....the intro section..here's the link :thumbs:

Please click here (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)

posted by  Cliffy

What would you be willing to spend? and what do you look for in a car. To be honest, I'd recomend against getting a muscle car as your first car, I think for a first time driver, a smaller, more economical and driver friendly car is more up your street :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

what your strong points? mechanical, body work, sourcin parts? if you want a muscule car might be best to team up with a few buddy's especially if your startin with nothing.

Get something dull like an old jap while you work on it.

posted by  cinqyg

That probably scared him away. Theres nothing more annoying to new drivers than someone telling them they can't handle muscle :orglaugh:

posted by  DodgeRida67

i think for your first car something more gas economical would suit you better, but if its muscle you want then go nuts.

posted by  Simo

God I could look at ^^^^^that car all day!!!

posted by  Voda48

And I could drive it all day. :drool: :drool: :drool:

posted by  DodgeRida67

You dont have to say your name... yall dont know mine...

posted by  StiMan

Get like a Japanese car to start...

posted by  StiMan

That maybe the case....but it's the truth, I've witnessed too many accidents where young kids have been showing off to their mates and stacked their 'high powered' RWD cars! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Na I do. Only cause I blantently asked what it was! Congrats on reaching 500 :thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

Thanks, but Stevo aint my name... it is like a combo.. sorta... o well...

posted by  StiMan

What's up Stevo my man :smoke:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Hey Rusty don't listen to these old guys telling you, you can't handle the power (lol sorry guys :D) you sound alot like me man, i saved up and bought my car when i was 14, i bought a 66 caprice for 500 bucks, anyway i have never had a problem with size or the power (but i dont have much power!!! lol) but i had my dad around helping me along the way, so if you plan on rebuilding the car i hope ya got someone their with experience to help ya if not, i suggest going around to some small shop in your town and see if they could use a tool boy or someone to clean up, those guys would be great for info and just general help for ya, either way good luck on your search man, and dont rush in and buy the first car u see, theirs still plenty of these beasts out their make sure you get exactly what YOU want

posted by  Halz5

Hey, less of the old please...I'm only 21 lol :ohcrap: :smoke:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah were well past it @ 21 soon be drawing pensions, well if gordon hasnt taxed them out of existance.

posted by  cinqyg

hey i'm 14 too and if you couldnt tell by my name i race junior dragsters. my dads owns a speed shop and i pretty much grew up at the dragstrip so i know i'm probably gonna get a muscle car.

the only thing i was wondering was if a muscle car is the best choice considering you live in the big NY........

posted by  JrDragsterPunk

I have seen youngsters get killed in Japaneese sports cars as well as American Muscle cars. All cars are dangerous if you don't have a healthy respect for the car, for others, and for the unknown.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Yeah, if you want to race go to a track day, much safer there are less knobs there as well.

posted by  cinqyg

My first car was a 66' Ford Mustang Fastback. A 460 under the hood, racing cam, dual 4-barrel Hollys, and a 30 cu in blower. I never had problems driving it, I had problems with other people driving near it. I always love the felling when I'm next to a rice-rocket at the red light. You can never have to much power. MUSCLE ALL THE WAY MAN!!!

posted by  decap66

Power is great if you have grip, but otherwise its pointless

posted by  cinqyg

make sure you get something that runs first. an economy car for the 75% of the time your project's not running.

posted by  mischa

Your Message