Paint Job

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Paint Job

How much would it cost to paint my Trans AM black. It's white :banghead: I don't need a "showroom" paint job, just a decent one.

posted by  Firechicken

It really depends on a lot of things. Does your car need any body work? It also depends on how thorough of a job you want done. Do you want your door jams painted? The inside of the engine bay? The trunk? If it's any consolation, I think black is one of the cheaper colors to paint your car. I know when I went to a guy that does this stuff on the side, he gave me an estimate of $3,000 to $5,000. Of course, my car needs some body work on the trunk, and rear fender wheels. And I also planned to have the doors and stuff taken off so you wouldn't see the old color when I opened my door or something.

posted by  FastasSin

You can also do the prep work for your paint job and save a lot of money. Take off the trim, prime and do all the preparation stuff.

Get the doorjambs painted and engine bay painted. I haven't paid attention to trunks, but it sounds like a good idea.

Trust me it looks bad when you open your door and it's black when everything else is white. don't ruin the car with a half-decent paint job. my 2cents.
-mischa.

posted by  mischa

Your Message