GT500h question... help :)

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  GT500h question... help :)

I have a question if anyone knows it I would love to know..... How many 1968 Mustang Shelby GT500h's were produced?? If you know please tell me... thanks....

posted by  TigerLeigh

In '68 there were 2,083 GT-500 fastbacks produced(1,150 GT-500's/933 GT-500KR's) and there were 720 GT-500 convertibles produced(402 GT-500's/318 GT-500KR's) I'm am unaware of ANY GT-500H's that were built by Shelby. The only Shelby vehicle with the "H" suffix was the '66 GT-350H(Hertz rental cars) which were primarily black with gold stripes, but a limited number of these cars came candy apple red with gold stripes. If someone is trying to sell you a '68 GT-500H...I would take it to be a a load of BS. Every Shelby is backed with paperwork from Shelby-American and can be traced through the Shelby American Automobile Club. Hope this helps!

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Thank you!! :) Although I have looked it up and know that there is a GT500h, it's just rare!! Thank you for the help though!!! :laughing:

posted by  TigerLeigh

Can no one help me??? Please...

posted by  TigerLeigh

i think you mean the Shelby GT500 hertz .. only 2 of the GT500h hertz fast backs was produced in 1968....

in 1969-70 a futher more 150 shelby GT500h hertz was produced making a total of 152!

So yea there rare!

hope that helps ;)

posted by  Lukaz

Thanks so much that is what I was looking for.... :D you have help me out alot...!!! I should have specified it was hertz... sorry ;), but thanks again!! :laughing:

posted by  TigerLeigh

that would probably be why I was unaware of it's existance. I would still run the VIN through Shelby American Automobile Club to make sure it's not a regular mustang converted to look like a GT-500H....

*off topic*
I once made a guy with a '69 "Yenko" Camaro leave a car show due to sheer embarrassment...The guy claimed it was a true Yenko car with the all-aluminum 427. I then pointed out the cast-iron heads and block that were painted to look like aluminum as well as the improper graphics on the body. I almost thought he was gonna cry.

Just don't end up being that guy because you didn't research it enough to make sure it is what it is.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message