Does any one know how to rasise the back end of a 72 chevell

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Does any one know how to rasise the back end of a 72 chevell

same as topic i reallly need to know and if you know where i could get ssum would be good to thanks

posted by  chevelle_72

Does the chevelle have shackles on it yet??? If not, this would help. Or buy some new leaf springs for it.....check the shocks to see what condition they are in.....just a few ideas.

posted by  Streetmachine

Leaf springs on the back of a '72 Chevelle. When did they do that? Maybe you could try putting shackles on the coils, yeah that's it. Also shocks don't affect ride height unless you have air shocks.

Essentially you have three ways to raise the back of your Chevelle. New springs (best, most expensive way), air shocks (not great but adjustable), or coil spacers (cheap but cheesy).

Additionally you could use air bags but they're really made to fine tune your suspension not raise it. If this is a car you plan to keep pop for the springs as they are the best long term solution.

posted by  vwhobo

hobo all if not all older american muscle cars have rear leaf springs even the 80's camaros. and dont raise the back of your car for looks, go build your suspension so your car handles better.

posted by  Arthur

Aurthur, I'm not sure exactly what your point is because you're speaking in codes. However I can assure you a '72 Chevelle does not have leaf springs. Never did, never will.

So again, exactly whis IS your point?

posted by  vwhobo

My 74' Nova has leaf springs on it....and with the Chevelle being basically the same set up...I figured that it too would/could have leaf springs....Soooorrrrrrryyyyy

posted by  Streetmachine

You see this is now an opportunity for dialog and learning.

Your Nova and Camaro's of the same vintage are unibody platforms with rear leaf springs. The Chevelle is a completely different platform, full frame, coils in back. It's a common mistake thinking the two cars are the same because they look so much alike.

posted by  vwhobo

sorry guys i guess i should have sauyed that there is coils on the chevelle defintly not leafs.

posted by  chevelle_72

No problem dude, some of us know what your looking for. Sorry I forgot to add this link.

http://www.p-s-t.com/

posted by  vwhobo

You know...you would think that being that the camaro, nova, and chevelle during those years basically had the same body styles....they'd have basically the same chassis setup. I guess some people learn new things now and then......but some people's attitude towards other people really sucks. So, GM decides to give the chevelle something different...so sue me. But 'some of us' can do without an attitude.

posted by  Streetmachine

Your Message