help please

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  help please

can anyone please please tell me how the heck i go about replaceing the frame rails on a 67 mustang coupe????????? im kinda in the dark here guys.

posted by  farmboy

Yes, you are. A '67 Mustang (actually all Mustangs) are uni-body platforms and do not have frame rails. So what is it you're wanting to replace?

posted by  vwhobo

right, i know that it has a uni-body but ive looked around at a few parts sites and they say that they have frame rail replacements, so i assume that the actual frame rail section of the uni-body can be cut off and replaced with new ones. i have also looked around for uni-body replacements and ive come up with nothing. i have found a tech write-up for replaceing the frame rails to a 66 mustang so im pretty sure that its possible. i live on a farm so i pretty much have all of the tools that i would need.

posted by  farmboy

I'm sure I'll hate myself for this but... Okay, I'll play your silly game. If you have in fact "found a tech write-up for replaceing the frame rails to a 66 mustang", why are you here asking how to do it?

See, I knew I'd hate myself. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

That's a very funny question you asked. Thanks for asking him, it made my day.

posted by  DodgeRida67

well you see you guys, if you look at the little numbers you can tell that 1966 and 1967 are two different years. dont worry though i know that big numbers like that can sometimes be confusing, i dont blame you for your confusion. and you know, since they are different years that means that the body styles are most likely atleast a little bit different, therefore the process of replaceing frame rails are also different. :banghead: :screwy:

posted by  farmboy

Well you see, if you were even slightly knowledgable on the current subject you'd know that the '66 and '67 are near identical. You need to stop waiting to be spoon fed and put forth at least a modicum of effort. What you're saying is like telling us you can't ride a 26 inch bicycle because you've only ridden 20 inchers. Ludicrous, ignorant and small minded.

But don't worry. I know that thinking for yourself instead of having someone do it for you can sometimes be confusing.

posted by  vwhobo

alright pal, if you would have taken the time to read what i wrote rather then being too busy sticking you head up your own a$$ then you would have noticed that i said and i quote "that means that the body styles are most likely atleast a little bit different, therefore the process of replaceing frame rails are also different." end quote. kids what are the key words there? most likely! see, im not so stuck on myself that i think i know everything about every car like some people on this site. i can ask for advice and take correction. you, unfortunatly had to blow up when you were corrected. and you also proved to everyone what a dipshit you are when you clamed that mustang can have their frame rails replaced because "A '67 Mustang (actually all Mustangs) are uni-body platforms and do not have frame rails." why dont you do a little researce before you try to pump your tiny ego up by acting like you know what your talking about. talk about spoon fed.

posted by  farmboy

vwhobo, im sorry. i realised that i let my anger get control of me and i said somethings that i shouldnt have. ok, there it is. now, i came to this site because i thought that i could find some help. you can either keep treating me the same way you have been or you can give me a hand. its your choice. i do now know everything about classic cars and i know even less about body work.

posted by  farmboy

1. I am not your pal and I do not want to be your pal. I avoid morons like you in my personal life.

2. Yes, I read the key words but you didn't read mine, so here goes again, read slowly I'll use small words. The unibody on the '66 and '67 Mustang are near identical so if you have instuctions on how to replace one it's a teeny tiny step to figure out the other.

3. Like it or not your car doesn't have frame rails. No matter what you or other people may call them you have a subframe, you have floorpan reinforcements, you have torque boxes but you DO NOT HAVE FRAME RAILS. This is exactly the same issue as imbeciles who call wheels "rims" then justify it by saying "I read it on the internet". As long as you are calling it a frame rail, I may be able to dechipher what you're saying but you're still wrong.

4. You stated in an earlier post that you live on a farm so you have just about every tool you need. It seems your farm is missing one essential tool and that tool is called a clue.

5. As for blowing up when corrected, take a look at your posts. Have a nice day.

posted by  vwhobo

well what can i say? i did my part and apoligised for my rude behavior. what you do is up to you.

posted by  farmboy

Your Message