Is it wrong?

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  Is it wrong?

Ok. i have a question: Is it wrong to like Mopars, Chevys, Pontiacs, and Fords at the same time? Just wondering, because i do. I think it's ok, i can't really pick sides, but i'm leaning towards chevy. Just lookin for your opinion.

posted by  Boss_302

2nd try (due to network difficulties)

Of course it is not wrong. People are free to like what they like and if that happens to cross OEM lines then so be it.

IMHO, people who like just one OEM are just limiting themselves from experiencing other fine cars.

Sure I have my favorites, but I wouldn't, and haven't, miss the opportunity to own a car I liked just because it came from an OEM that I didn't like.

Well, except for FORD maybe...... :orglaugh:

posted by  theman352001

I don't think it matters because i like Mopar and Chevy the same. I only like a couple of cars from Ford. I have noting against unbiased likings.

posted by  loony

I'd say not only is it not wrong, it would in fact be the only way to be that isn't wrong. You can still have favorites in that mix, but that shouldn't stop you from liking pretty much every car out there. Having a favorite or two doesn't mean automatically disliking everythign that isn't that favorite.

Personally, I've owned Fords, Chryslers, GMs, AMCs, Nissans, Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas, Suzukis, MGs, Jaguars, Triumphs, Renaults, BMWs, VWs, Porsches, and Fiats. There's something to like from every manufacture, or at least some reason to like them. I know guys having a blast autocrossing and drag racing Yugos. You just have to keep an open mind, and realize that they are all mechanical devices, built by people, and can all be used for pretty much any reason. Some examples of cars can be absolutely wonderful, while other examples of the same make, model, and year, can be utter crap. Take them as individual examples, and you will understand them, and be a much more well rounded enthusiast.

posted by  ChrisV

there is nothing wrong with liking all of the Big Three...but there is one thing wrong with your dream car...LZ1? I think you mean ZL1, which is a 427 BIG BLOCK, and the 425hp is a factory number...which they sandbagged on for insurance purposes. This would be the Yenko/COPO camaro, which is quite rare and there are many replicas with cast iron blocks/heads running around. The ZL1 was an all aluminum block with aluminum heads. And...3pt racing harnesses? I don't think so...3pt racing harnesses don't exist for the fact that it's not enough for most sanctioning bodies...I'm assuming you mean 5pt racing harnesses.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Your Message