'67 Camaro or '04 GTO

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  '67 Camaro or '04 GTO

Uh, no. You asked for an opinion and I gave it. If you don't like it that's your problem, deal with it.

I notice that you completely missed the first part of my post. You are comparing apples and oranges by comparing those two cars. I would say that makes you some kind of stupid.

posted by  vwhobo

i currently have a 67 camaro rs/ss 350 optioned out orginal everything, great car. but i like what i see in the new 04 gto and my dad has a 70 gto. i think theyd look pretty sweet together new/old and all, but i dont know if its worth selling my camaro to get a new goat. what are your opinions???

posted by  Split Mafia

You are simply comparing apples and oranges. If you're not sure if you should keep your current car you don't really deserve it. Only you can know what you want in a car.

Now my opinion. If you're on a forum asking this kind of a question, I seriously doubt you have a '67 RS/SS.

posted by  vwhobo

you doubt that i have a camaro? why in the hell would i ask car enthusiasts opinion on something like this if i really didnt have the car? are you some kind of stupid?

posted by  Split Mafia

Ignow VWhobo. He always thinks people miss his points which are typically pointless. Then he get's out of joint and attacks again. You have a nice ride. Keep it and enjoy it.

posted by  Tony Mason

Let me see if I can make my point absolutely clear right now. You come in here looking for help and I try to give it to you. You choose not to help me to help you. Then you come here and talk shit about me. You are the one who is pointless and deserves to be ignored.

posted by  vwhobo

So Split Mafia,
What will you do? A '67 Camaro is a classic beauty. Sure can't be replaced! Do you take it to shows and let others enjoy it too? How about posting a picture?

posted by  Tony Mason

i posted a pic in the multimedia/vehicles forum, check it out

posted by  Split Mafia

Camaro is old-school in terms of acceleration, braking, and handling. The GTO will be faster, quicker, brake far better, and handle quite well. Now, all you have to do is pick which of the two you'd rather have.

posted by  iamane30m20nut

Actually, they make aftermarket kits for classic cars that can really improve their handeling. (or so I've been told) You can just put newer, bigger brakes on the Camaro and a few extra horsepower to bring it into the performance realm of the GTO. You'll have a much nicer car imho.
Of coarse, you will get a factory warranty with the new GTO.

I say stick with the Camaro, but still research the GTO.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

I'm an import fan but I still love the classic American rides...I gotta say keep the Camaro...I really don't care for these nameplate revivals- the Thunderbird, Marauder...Just an opinion and you've got to do what's good for you, but I'd keep the classic...
:evil:

posted by  Machine

I can't decide which one to save money for: the 1969 Camaro RS/SS or the 1969 GTO? Both wonderful and powerful cars.
anyway, for those that know a lot about classics and have lots of time on their hands can visit my site http://www.geocities.com/cazsgarage and email me (ironmaidendude872@yahoo.com) with any suggestions/corrections about the car names.

posted by  irondrums

i'd stick with the 67' definitely

posted by  chvyscott67

Dude, put simply, I drive 67 Mustang (i.e. Im a Ford man), and I still think your Camaro kicks ass. Keep it. Besides, the classic goats are classic because theyre just that, CLASSIC. No 2004 GTO (that if you ask me looks like a Grand Prix with a body kit) could ever match up to your dad's. So keep your badass ride. Trust me in six years when a 2004 seems like a dumb idea, youlll be happy you still have a vintage Camaro.

posted by  67Pony

Living in Australia I see too many new Monaros (the car the new GTO was heavily based on, if you didn't know) and the shape gets boring quickler then you think.
My opinion is do what you want, but my suggestion is keep the Camaro. First generation F bodies will never look un-sexy.

posted by  Unforgiven

Man, Unforgiven, not that I think its even possible, but you might be listening to WAY TOO much metallica.

posted by  67Pony

dont sell the 67.that is a classic and it is hard to find thoes.but if you do sell it I will take it.

posted by  archangle

Nah I just got 6 CDs here and I've listened to all my other CDs too much. I only need 2 more CDs and I got the whole collection, I even got the records!

posted by  Unforgiven

Keep the '67. The new GTO is sweet, but there are gonna be plenty of oppertunities down the road to aquire one. You are gonna have a hard time finding that '67 again

New GTO *drool*

http://www.ripway.com/members/getfile.asp?file=\2004-3\84054\GTO\Pontiac%2D GTO%2D012%2Ejpg

http://www.ripway.com/members/getfile.asp?file=\2004-3\84054\GTO\Pontiac%2D GTO%2D027%2Ejpg

posted by  Voda48

hey man diffenitly keep the camaro i like your idea of the new old thing but its not worth getting rid of the camaro the new lines of the goat deffinetly look like a grand prix ( that really pissed me off the first time i saw that)but the disision is yours , lose a classic-or-buy a grand prix with a body kit and more hp.
camaro67 :smoke:

posted by  camaro67

I thought the same thing when I saw it man. And then I saw it in person for the first time. Sat behind the wheel for the first time. All I have to say is WOW :thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

I have an answer to all. Buy the GTO and sell me the '67..........Na seriously keep the classic The GTO's arent what they used to be, hell they arent (in my opinion) even attractive. Someone posted reskinned Grand prix, and that what they are.

posted by  tbirb

Please, save your mindless moronic blathering for someone you are smarter than and can impress. Like maybe a kid down at the local retard school.

The GTO is a reskinned Grand Prix now, is it? They did one hell of alot of reskinning considering the Grand Prix is FWR with a transverse mounted V6 and the GTO is RWD with a longitudally mounted V8. Try this for just once. THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT. Or for you this might be more appropriate. Shut off your computer. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

VWHOBO you have to be the most annoying person i have ever met. Skn refers to the out side of the car, or could you not grasp that. IDIOT. Not once did i speak about the engine transmission or even the interior of the freaking car. go beat yur children or something. i will no longer humor your replies, maybe you should...................sh!t who cares what you do.

posted by  tbirb

As I recall you were the one who asked to be banned last night. Why don't you do us all a favor and just fade away?

posted by  vwhobo

This is my last post to you VWHOBO, it seems the only person in this forum that has a problem is you. Why dont you "Fade away" better yet do the world a favor----put your head up high and blow your brains out. I will reply to you no more.

posted by  tbirb

Gee, that's what you said in your last post. So once again you're a moron AND a liar. You're predictable too, everytime you post you say something stupid. You need to get a grip on something besides your penis.

By the way, after you left last night in a huff how come, according to your profile, you moved from SC to CA and got about 30 years older?

posted by  vwhobo

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s23/smilies-19377.png

posted by  SuperJew

LOL This is great, it even beats TV. I am in 100% agreement with vwhobo right here. tbird, man you need to find a better way to vent. vwhobo touched on msot of the main points that flat out kill your claim of the GTO being a reskinned Grand prix. Besides, you said, "The GTO's arent what they used to be, hell they arent (in my opinion) even attractive" The GTO was built way back when with the idea of putting a great motor into a plain car. THey never ment for it to be attractive. I think they did a great job of recreating that aura.

http://www.ripway.com/members/getfile.asp?file=\2004-3\84054\GTO\Pontiac%2D GTO%2D012%2Ejpg

posted by  Voda48

What happened to that statement then?

Things are not always as they seem. Lots of people in this forum have problems with idiot newbies but even you must be able to see that now :tomato:

posted by  snoopewite

make 'em smaller!
make 'em smaller!

posted by  Voda48

I'd go with the brand new '04 gto...Anyone who wouldnt wants to spend more money on the Camaro...The 67 wouldnt holdup as long as a GTO, I'm willing to bet my marbles on that. Plus, I believe the GTO is faster stock. I could be wrong.

posted by  Integra_LS

Everything is stock about the new GTO. It only comes with five options....... all of them are color choices :mrgreen:

posted by  Voda48

Dude i have a 67 Rs matching numbers and i would never trade it for a new car, heck i would never ever get rid of it. Anyone can own a new gto, but comon its a freaking classic, the first year camaros were built. If you sell that car i hope you die a very slow and painful death :evil: But sure a brand new GTO could be a decent secondary car .

posted by  DaveyDave

Your Message