New engine in 1970 Dodge truck

Home  \  Classic Cars  \  New engine in 1970 Dodge truck

Building a 1970 1/2T Dodge stepside truck for\with my daughter. Rebuild on the stock 318 motor is next. She wants it to sound and run healthy. Don't want to scare anybody or burn excess fuel (not at $2 + a gallon), but she wants to stand out and grab a little attention. (Hence the Hot Pink engine paint.)Any thoughts out there of what would be a good combination to go on the build? Specific parts to beef it up a bit would help. What compression ratio?...carb?...have a 318 Edelbrock Streetmaster 4-barrel intake...cam?...distributor setup?...and exhaust system?(naturally want headers). Don't have money to blow on this, but trying to do it right! I have really only played with Chevys and can't find much info on Dodges. We would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions. :thumbs:

posted by  tomeanjean

Here is a whole bunch of stuff to look at.

Info (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=318+engine+build&spell=1)

posted by  theman352001

Many thanks for the references. Can you tell we're not that savvy with computers yet. Lots of great sites on the list you furnished. Have a great one! :laughing: :clap:

posted by  tomeanjean

Google is the first place I go when researching topics. They usually bring up some good information.

posted by  theman352001

Your Message